• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

hamchan

So I made this:

The AusGAF Game Rankings Spreadsheet

A list of all games released this generation (2005-2011) for all platforms. If you want, go in and fill out your rankings for games you've played. Rankings are really your own opinion on the game, not necessarily the actual quality of the game. So I might give Saint's Row 1 a 4/5, when it's probably more deserving of a 2 or something.

It's editable to anyone, so try not to ctrl+a ctrl+x it.

There are a lot of duplicate game names because a game may have been released for 360 and then later ported to phones, wii, pc or whatever. If you see a duplicate name, right click the row number and delete that single row.

Have fun. If enough people do it I'll make some interesting graphs and shit later if y'all want.

This is pretty fun!

Woot, I'm done

You know, thinking about it, I'm inclined to swap Rainbow Islands for Yoshi's Island. Now that was a video game that wasn't afraid to be a video game, AND the graphics were so gorgeous. Like Rainbow Islands, it was relentlessly cute and colourful and positive.

Yoshi's Island is an acceptable alternative to Super Mario Bros. 3. Anyone saying Super Mario World over either of those two games is inherently wrong.

My missus and I just had a baby girl and I've never felt this stoked before!

Congrats!

Fusebox

Banned
Thx heaps fellas, much appreciated. And in typical AusGaf style she did break street date by two weeks!

We figure FuseboxJr2011 is a good name. :p

Shaneus

It inspired me to make my Game Boy HQ site (the first site on the internet devoted to Game Boy coverage, holy crap I'm old) entirely out of crayon. I hand drew all the logos, headers, borders etc in crayon on paper and scanned it in on a God-awful slow scanner connected to my PC's parallel port. Have I mentioned I'm old yet. It was beautiful to look at.
I'd love to see it, but the best my eStalk could do was find a profile page for you on GB that references Game Boy HQ. Even tried the Wayback Machine :(

PS. Didn't know you appeared on a podcast with Major Nelson! I'm not at all jealous, envious or even curious. Just... something.

My missus and I just had a baby girl and I've never felt this stoked before!
Congratulations Mr. Fusion! Warm regards to the lady friend and baby girl. Hope she doesn't get a weird name ;)
KE1U6.jpg

Hey, did I ever mention that in the early days of AusGAF, I used to think people were talking about Vooks when they used the TLA of VKS? Seriously. Not like that now, but MAN was I naive.
I think it was only a year or so ago I realised

justin.au

Did Kritz's form.

As I got towards the bottom, the ratings were few and far between and often 1 or 2.

I'd actually played more games that I had thought (but still far fewer than others).

Shaneus

Lol, too late Shaneus! We named her Amelie.

Amelie.

Emily?

Amelie.

Amelia?

She'll be fine, it builds character. : P
Dude, that's an awesome name. It's different enough to be different, but not so much that it's a pain in the arse for her. And the the nicknames will be cute as hell, too. Mels should do for now until I can think of something better ;)

2SsuU.jpg

Last time we did this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24131868&postcount=4427 (not saying we shouldn't do it again, we should, I love lists, I just thought you might find that interesting)

My list was:

1. Half Life 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Zelda: A link to the past
4. Age of Empires 2
5. The Witcher
6. Doom 2
7. Everquest
8. Scarab of Ra
9. Super Mario Kart
10. Castle of the Winds

I would probably add Fallout: New Vegas in there now. Not sure where. I want to replay it again with all the DLC, but that might be a long way off.

Your list wins. If for no other reason than your top 5 is bigger than everyone elses'. Out of interest, Scarab and Castle don't ring any bells. Which platforms?

I want to quit my job, Travel and then kill myself. It sounds like a pretty good plan at this point in time.

I do wish i wasn't so lost in life, That i actually had answers to the most basic questions I throw at myself.
2SsuU.jpg

Fredescu

Out of interest, Scarab and Castle don't ring any bells. Which platforms?
Scarab is an old Mac game, and I've never figured out how to play it again. Pretty sure my dad still has a machine that can run it. Castle is for Win 3.x. The original developer made it available for download: http://www.exmsft.com/~ricks/, which I've managed to get working by installing Win 3.1 into DosBox, and someone did a Lets Play for it on SA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQO2KhJVrnQ

Axiom

Amelie is a beautiful name and a fantastic movie, well done!

Super Mario World is easily the best Mario game, hell I love Yoshi but it's not even better than Donkey Kong Country 2.

Better than Plok though, and Plok is fantastic

Top Bottom