• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

I cant stop shaking my 3ds to do the spin thingy when you jump like in nsmbwii >_<;

Haha, I did the same thing when revisiting NSMB DS after playing the Wii one.

Buuuuuuuut, I couldnt find any special edition Zeldas with the wiimote+ >.< so I had to buy a stupid wiimote thingy for 25 bucks cause eb ran out! BOO!

JB had them here. I opted to grab the standard edition from Big W though 'cause as nice as the gold Remote+ looks, I've already got a couple of WMP dongles and would rather have the extra cash.

markot

Banned
Sigh also, I just realised I CANT REINSTALL WINDOWS

because I have to BUY IT first to do download the file.

i can't just use my existing damn license.

CD is in adelaide :(
Which windows? There are ways to download windows legally and then you just use your old key, I did it awhiles back... But I forgot the site >.< just google it cause im lazy!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Which windows? There are ways to download windows legally and then you just use your old key, I did it awhiles back... But I forgot the site >.< just google it cause im lazy!

I'd rather not google them on my work computer as i might get some seedy sites :( but ty

edit: windows 7.

I also have my work laptop here with windows 7, if that could be of any help.

the file that seems to be screwing up is
CLASSPNP.SYS in the system32\DRIVERS folder

I'm trying to see if theres a way if i can just replace it on my broken laptop with a copy of it from my work laptop

if that could be of any help.

the file that seems to be screwing up is
CLASSPNP.SYS in the system32\DRIVERS folder

Exact same issue I had few weeks back. It was a win7 update that fucked up.

All you need to do is download the CLASSPNP.sys file from the web, put it on a flash drive and overwrite the corrupt one using windows recovery mode.

HolyCheck

Exact same issue I had few weeks back. It was a win7 update that fucked up.

All you need to do is download the CLASSPNP.sys file from the web, put it on a flash drive and overwrite the corrupt one using windows recovery mode.

ah interesting, so it seems my theory is correct. I've coppied my classpnp.sys file from my work laptop (same os) and put it on a usb

currently i'm running a full memory diagnostic scan, so when that is done I will work out how to get the computer to reference the file on the usb rather than the corrupt one, i assume it'll be through the command prompt!

HolyCheck

Yeah you need to use the command prompt from the repair menu.

OK!

command prompt up now..

who knows what to write :D

the file locations are
c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS <-- the one on the comp thats brokens

and
*:\Classpnp.sys <-- on the USB (how will i know what drive letter it iwll use? on my work computer it is F:, i'm guessing it will remain the same

so it's going to be something in command prompt like

SOMEKEYWORD c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS (SOMESYMBOLHERE) F:\Classpnp.sys

or something... death, any idea what it was you used?

Echoplx

So much gaming

ij8CSvv7Tvbzm.png

Gonna start Batman properly tonight.

Ydahs

No place had the limited edition Zelda in stock :/

So my brother ended up buying the regular version. Ah well, Zelda time! After I'm done with Xenoblade that is...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
OK!

command prompt up now..

who knows what to write :D

the file locations are
c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS <-- the one on the comp thats brokens

and
*:\Classpnp.sys <-- on the USB (how will i know what drive letter it iwll use? on my work computer it is F:, i'm guessing it will remain the same

so it's going to be something in command prompt like

SOMEKEYWORD c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS (SOMESYMBOLHERE) F:\Classpnp.sys

or something... death, any idea what it was you used?

Cd\
cd c:\windows\system32\drivers\
del classpnp.sys
F:
copy classpnp.sys c:\windows\system32\drivers\

Dead Man

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/how-video-games-are-making-me-feel-old/

Damn fine piece of writing Serrels. I am 5 years older than you, and don't feel that way about games, but I find myself getting that way with music. Makes me sad.

Christ, there is so much wrong with that article, but it seems spoiler filled so I can't even read to find out beyond encouraging parents to be ignorant, and thinking only homosexuals do rim jobs. I know there is a Saints Row joke there, but I can't find it.

I think my net connection is trying to tell me something as it just died.

Fred I'll let you know if/when I can get it. Kritz, sorry, Fred was #4. You can get it for $15 US for 4 if you append the URL with ?cc=us ... at least I think so... damn you Optus.

Shaneus

Read this before trying that again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_Law
That's awesome.

Won't be buying another non-steam game from GMG again. Capsule is a piece of shit. Going to try and get a refund and pay the extra to get it on Steam

They even fucking misspelled it as Batham Arkham City. smh
I know, right? I can't believe they misspelled it either. I mean, how could they?
aQfqj.png

Portal 2 double pack anyone?
If you haven't found anyone yet, I'll be in. I wasn't far away from going in it by myself.

HolyCheck

so the other week everyone here was using a site to generate a new comouter for someone?

any one have a link :D

time to design a new laptop :(

Nope. I can't buy it through the Steam client at $19.99 either.

Edit: Or via work's VPN, or the web using my credit card, wife's credit card or PayPal. Screw you, Steam.

Jintor

Christ, there is so much wrong with that article, but it seems spoiler filled so I can't even read to find out beyond encouraging parents to be ignorant, and thinking only homosexuals do rim jobs. I know there is a Saints Row joke there, but I can't find it.

Just so you know, Christwire is satirical.

Rezbit

It was blatantly obvious that it's satirical lol. I did have a good laugh though.

So Zelda is awesome, but HEY, DO YOU WANNA DOWSE? OH BY THE WAY MAYBE YOU COULD DOWSE. DO YOU WANNA DOWSE IN THE HOUSE? I've seen the word dowse about 20 times and I've played for about 2 hours.

Deeku

Today I finished my exams. I have a beer. I am happy.

What made you happy today GAF?
Left my exam one hour early to go pick up Zelda! Have a feeling I didn't do too well though lol.

One more exam left...ever. Well unless I do postgrad a few years later.

justin.au

Left my exam one hour early to go pick up Zelda! Have a feeling I didn't do too well though lol.

One more exam left...ever. Well unless I do postgrad a few years later.
You will do post-grad.

Whenever you think you're out, they'll pull you back in. I learnt that from one, G. Costanza.

(Do many post-grad courses&#8212;other than law/med&#8212;have exams?).

Top Bottom