• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

midonnay

Test match cricket goes for longer than that but I never hear you complain!

thats like twice a typical day in a test match :O

edit: headline from the Torygraph (UK)

Australia parliament thrown into turmoil as Speaker quits in alleged 'coup

edit: oh goodness me...... this is the chest from one of our draft picks...

we can really pick em can't we?

229368_117133375037615_100002228598294_151516_5573658_n.jpg

commissar

I'll be honest, that skyrim piece on christwire was just awful.
All I got was a pervading sense of time wasted reading it. Feels bad :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
thats like twice a typical day in a test match :O

edit: headline from the Torygraph (UK)

edit: oh goodness me...... this is the chest from one of our draft picks...

we can really pick em can't we?

229368_117133375037615_100002228598294_151516_5573658_n.jpg

please dont be an essendon fan, please dont be an essendon fan

Dead Man

Because the people voted a certain way. Now some douchey Liberal MP is practically crossing the floor on a permanent basis. That's basically what's happening right? I'm actually being sincere, I'm just trying to figure out what's happening:

- The Speaker of the House has always been taken from the governing party
- In this case, this proved to be annoying for Labor.
- Slipper throws a hissy fit because he's not going to get preselected for the next election.
- Goes to the ALP to get himself elected Speaker, completely screwing over the Liberal Party in the process.

It's a massive douche move. I don't really care what Abbot's done in the past - I'm just looking at this issue in isolation. It's also pretty insulting to the people who voted for Slipper in the first place, because they voted for a Liberal Party Member.

How does he not have a right to be angry?
Re replying to this. I am an idiot, I didn't realise he had left the party. Still doesn't make anyone SLipper and the Libs responsible.

Rezbit

I'm so sick of shit tatts. The only good thing is eventually tatts won't be cool and all these people will be stuck with shit tatts. Can you imagine having a sleeve tattoo and being a grandpa? Hahahah.

Mario 3DLand in the house!

Unfortunately it's wrapped up in some colourful paper saying
"Merry Christmas, Clive, signed Your Wife."

Doesn't matter since the 3DS she bought for me (via my login details with Dick Smith) Hasn't shipped yet.

Being all-seeing means I'm not getting too many surprises.

Shaneus

Fucking Steam. DNF in the US? $7. Here? $17.

Would've jumped on it at that price, but there's no fucking way I'm arsing about with gifts for a game like that.

Echoplx

160 hours in two weeks?

80 hours a week?

more than 10 hours a day?

dude.

When you put it like that I feel bad :p

I don't really have anything else happening in life currently, so I spend my time gaming. It's not gonna be like that for very long though so I may as well make the most of it.

Also I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan of the open world style of AC, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Echoplx

It's more relative to the series for me, Skyrim may be big but I know what to expect seeing as the series follows the same pattern, where as Batman jumped from a very directed experience to a big open world.

hamchan

It's more relative to the series for me, Skyrim may be big but I know what to expect seeing as the series follows the same pattern, where as Batman jumped from a very directed experience to a big open world.

If it's just expectations and surprise then you'll get used to Batman's open world eventually.

Echoplx

If it's just expectations and surprise then you'll get used to Batman's open world eventually.

True, the more important question is if I will enjoy it more than the design of AA though.

It's also very weird having two achievement systems going at once. ALL MY CORNERS ARE OCCUPIED

The release: Prototype. The spread: 10 litres of Vanilla Coke, a slab of Asashi, 2 takeaway servings of honey chicken and 2 servings of singapore noodles, 6 bags of Red Rock Deli Chips, 3 mock creme buns, 2 packs of caramel biscuits, 2 packs of Shapes. 7 or 8 packs of Mi Goreng.
Timespan: about 20 hours.

Who else has examples of gorging while playing a new release?

Fucking Steam. DNF in the US? $7. Here? $17.

Would've jumped on it at that price, but there's no fucking way I'm arsing about with gifts for a game like that.
DNF is fucking horrible. Don't buy it. It isn't even good in a bad way, just bad. The only enjoyment you will get is knowing that you are somehow playing DNF, but it has no redeeming qualities.

Yes? I guess 'overwhelmed' isn't really the right word, I just preferred the more focused style of AA
Elder Scrolls have big, wide open spaces while Arkham City has a large densely packed area with a lot of verticality. ES is about wandering the wilderness while AC is about being trapped in the tight confines of a manic city, so I can understand feeling overwhelmed.

Might have to go controller for AC. Looks and runs incredible, DX11 brings the whole thing to a standstill with no big improvement in visuals so that is off. Very well directed and written so far. No GFWL problems yet thankfully. My desk is made of wood so I am always touching it.

giri

The release: Prototype. The spread: 10 litres of Vanilla Coke, a slab of Asashi, 2 takeaway servings of honey chicken and 2 servings of singapore noodles, 6 bags of Red Rock Deli Chips, 3 mock creme buns, 2 packs of caramel biscuits, 2 packs of Shapes. 7 or 8 packs of Mi Goreng.
Timespan: about 20 hours.

Who else has examples of gorging while playing a new release?

Do you mean, mocha cream buns, or ...

Anyway, i've never done something like that for a new release (BTW, thats an insane amount of food in 20 hours).

But for LANS, 10L of coke wasn't out of the question over a weekend. Ironically, i don't drink softdrink at all anymore and i probably game more.

Doing the bomb tutorial missions to unlock ingredients really show all the different ways bombs can be used, wish I had done them sooner in the game.
Agreed. I'm probably 50-70% of the way through and I also wish I'd not ignored them. They do make it a little too easy in some sections but they are a lot of fun.

Stackboy

Work Xmas party this arvo and going away for a weeks beach holiday tomorrow. *Puts feet on desk, hands behind head and falls off chair*

Omikron

I played another 45 minutes of Skyrim last night. Going to take a while at this pace, but what is quite refreshing is that the bandit leaders (at least some of!) are reasonably difficult to beat, at least at my plebian level.

Very un-Oblivion like, which is good!

Choc

Banned
because mario has a fucking stupid feature where you have to have gained 50 coins by the end of world 5 to progress

they have NEVER done that before and ist fucking annoying that it didnt tell me this.

I dont want to go back and go and find stupid coins, ther eisnt even 50 levels before that point so you have to go and find at least 2 per level

BS

why do that Miyamoto, WHY

Top Bottom