• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Because the people voted a certain way. Now some douchey Liberal MP is practically crossing the floor on a permanent basis. That's basically what's happening right? I'm actually being sincere, I'm just trying to figure out what's happening:

- The Speaker of the House has always been taken from the governing party
- In this case, this proved to be annoying for Labor.
- Slipper throws a hissy fit because he's not going to get preselected for the next election.
- Goes to the ALP to get himself elected Speaker, completely screwing over the Liberal Party in the process.

It's a massive douche move. I don't really care what Abbot's done in the past - I'm just looking at this issue in isolation. It's also pretty insulting to the people who voted for Slipper in the first place, because they voted for a Liberal Party Member.

How does he not have a right to be angry?

It's not a massive douche move its called playing politics. Tony abbott being a NO NO NO NO NO has forced this.

Labor needs more numbers. Its not in the constitution that you need a Gvt speaker and also the Libs brought this upon themselves. If you knew they were going to dump you, why remain loyal?

The bold quote really does prove you to be a young liberal. This shit is being sprouted on every site by young libs who have no idea about the parliament upon which they vote. YOU VOTE FOR THE PERSON NOT THE PARTY. I know that is not how it is perceived, but that is the westminster system and that is how it works. You are voting that person in, if they switch to be independant than you can't do much. But you felt THAT PERSON was the best.

Sick of reading that shit ove rand over again.

If the libs showed loyalty to someone who has been with them, then perhaps this wouldn't have happened. They brought it all on themselves

FWIW we had a independant speaker in NSW for over a decade. It works.

midonnay

the funniest thing out of this episode is Alex Somlyay getting on his high horse about Peter Slipper's betrayal....

seemingly forgot that only a matter of months ago... HE was going to be speaker in a hung parliament until Tony Abbott went "oh no!!! fuck no!!!"

Jintor

Kritzy, games are repeating near the bottom of the sheet.

game is good?

I admittedly was looking up Captain Haddock insults to use while editing the review, yeah. Game seems okay from what I played at an event a while back, but yeah, standard disclaimer.

Kritz

Banned
Note: If you find duplicates, delete / merge them if you can. In the case where somebody has reviewed a game twice and given different scores for each, take the highest score as the real score.

Alternatively, if you find a game that's missing, add it down the bottom. Or approximately when it released compared to other games. Either way is fine.

At some point I may alphabetise it all, but I'm going to number the current ordering from 1-1518 so I can revert if needed (and then just hide the column with those numbers).

Jintor

legend166

It's not a massive douche move its called playing politics. Tony abbott being a NO NO NO NO NO has forced this.

Labor needs more numbers. Its not in the constitution that you need a Gvt speaker and also the Libs brought this upon themselves. If you knew they were going to dump you, why remain loyal?

The bold quote really does prove you to be a young liberal. This shit is being sprouted on every site by young libs who have no idea about the parliament upon which they vote. YOU VOTE FOR THE PERSON NOT THE PARTY. I know that is not how it is perceived, but that is the westminster system and that is how it works. You are voting that person in, if they switch to be independant than you can't do much. But you felt THAT PERSON was the best.

Sick of reading that shit ove rand over again.

If the libs showed loyalty to someone who has been with them, then perhaps this wouldn't have happened. They brought it all on themselves

FWIW we had a independant speaker in NSW for over a decade. It works.

I know it's not in the constitution, but this is the first time it's ever happening.

I don't see how when Abbott plays politics it's all "rah rah rah Abbott is destroying the country how dare he!" but when Labor does it, who gives a damn?

I haven't been on any Young Liberal sites. The only places I've read about this are here and SMH. I don't like Young Liberals at all.

And of course you're technically voting for the person. But it's ridiculous to say that party affiliation isn't the number one most important thing. People vote for a person - but why do they vote for a person? Because he's a <insert party here> member. Obviously there are exceptions, where local issues come into play, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's not the case.

You'd think that as a whole we'd only really play the games that we think or have heard are good...
You would hope so but I also have Vampire Rain and Bulletwitch in my collection from those moments where you hope it is so bad it is good but no.
Also why did I buy Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops after already declaring to look like one of the worst releases on Steam ever. Fuck steam sales. I just can't help myself.

Jintor

And of course you're technically voting for the person. But it's ridiculous to say that party affiliation isn't the number one most important thing. People vote for a person - but why do they vote for a person? Because he's a <insert party here> member. Obviously there are exceptions, where local issues come into play, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's not the case.

Politically speaking, it's only the technical part that counts.

You would hope so but I also have Vampire Rain and Bulletwitch in my collection from those moments where you hope it is so bad it is good but no.
Also why did I buy Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops after already declaring to look like one of the worst releases on Steam ever. Fuck steam sales. I just can't help myself.

The only stuff I have marked down is mainly stuff I had to play for review. It's difficult not to derive some modicum of pleasure from something you've put money down on, everything else is like variations on a theme.

Choc

Banned
I know it's not in the constitution, but this is the first time it's ever happening.

I don't see how when Abbott plays politics it's all "rah rah rah Abbott is destroying the country how dare he!" but when Labor does it, who gives a damn?

I haven't been on any Young Liberal sites. The only places I've read about this are here and SMH. I don't like Young Liberals at all.

Just because something has always been some way does not make it right. Otherwise we as humans would never progress....

My personal opinion is that the speaker should always be independant. Even though HJ was ALP affiliated he was not in the caucus meetings, never went to ALP functions that involved policy and didnt get involved in debate. Was partically independant. OH and was not involved in knifing rudd. Did not vote

No shit people vote for the party, but thats because general bogans dont get our political system and how it works.

Abbott saying No continuosly is bad leadership. Gillard shoring up her party in Government could be seen as good leadership. Possibly not, you never know it might backfire on her. Not having a 'friendly' speaker on your party lines cuold be bad.

The whole thing is the Liberals fault for cutting Slipper loose at the next election to return a fucking wanker in Mal Brough who was one of Howards cronies, and a fuckwit at that.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
just went through your spreadsheet kritz, that was more fun than I thought it would be.

I think i'll go over it again on the weekend more properly to check for anything I missed.

I was also confused, because there were some gamecube generation games on there? how far back did it go?

Shaneus

So, I went in to JB Bourke St. today and I *think* I might've seen our very own AusGAF mod EatChildren, performing his day job as some non-modly video games dude. Not unlike how Clarke Kent would perform his common-folk duties at the Daily Planet. Was going to say "hi", but didn't want to embarrass myself in front of the other nerds eyeballing the latest Killzone or Call of Duty.

Asterix is a close second. Caesar was the bomb in Asterix.
I never got into those sort of comic/storybook books when I was a kid. I stuck with Dr. Seuss right up until I was about 16. That, and Richard Scarry.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, I went in to JB Bourke St. today and I *think* I might've seen our very own AusGAF mod EatChildren, performing his day job as some non-modly video games dude. Not unlike how Clarke Kent would perform his common-folk duties at the Daily Planet. Was going to say "hi", but didn't want to embarrass myself in front of the other nerds eyeballing the latest Killzone or Call of Duty.

I never got into those sort of comic/storybook books when I was a kid. I stuck with Dr. Seuss right up until I was about 16. That, and Richard Scarry.

oh man, I might be going there next week too to get Zelda / Skyrim..

it will be like seeing a celebrity in costume! IS IT HIM? I DONT KNOW.

so tempting to just ask him horrible questions to see if he complains on here about bad customers

This is slow going.

DeathJnr has terrible taste in games, colour me surprised.

Yeah I saw some of his scores and thought we should not include them in larger results

Kritz

Banned
The games from the spreadsheet are all pulled from wikipedia. I kinda knew that they didn't have a complete list, but it's one of the easiest to find.

The games go back to 2005. So up until you see Kameo / Call Of Duty 2, it's all PS2 / Gamecube / Xbox stuff.

I wonder if Giant Bomb has a decent archive of games? Although merging lists would be hella hard.

Clipper

Oh my goodness... the box is so beautifully shiny :O
photo-76.jpg

midonnay

I swear the tags in sneakers that tell the size are deliberately made to smudge easily so that we're forced to get our feet remeasured when we go to buy shoes so that they can fricking con us into wasting money on 200 dollar runners >_<

am I an 11 or a 12...can't remember :/

MrSerrels

Reminds me of the time when I flipped open my 3DS only to realise that I had street passed with Choc, without even knowing it, without even knowing what he looks like.

I had a brush with greatness and it passed me by in the blink of an eye.

Mindblowing.

Jintor

I like Nintendo events because I always streetpass like 4 dudes saying VOOKS.NET

Anyway, I dunno whether to go out and get Zelda now just so it can sit in my backlog, or to order the Tintin books now and wait like two weeks for arrival. Either way I probably can't afford it.

Gazunta

Heh, kinda reminds me of the time I went some the GDC awards show, flipped open my DS to run Pictochat (that was a thing, back then) and someone went OMG ARE YOU GAZUNTA FROM WHATWASTHATGAME.COM

Like...wtf are the chances of that happening.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I like Nintendo events because I always streetpass like 4 dudes saying VOOKS.NET

Anyway, I dunno whether to go out and get Zelda now just so it can sit in my backlog, or to order the Tintin books now and wait like two weeks for arrival. Either way I probably can't afford it.

IT WORKS!

jambo

I started bringing my 3DS to work again thanks to Mario and I got a Street Pass hit =D

EDIT: His name is LEEEEEEEEROY and his quote was JENKINS!!!!!!

-_-

Gazunta

*pondering what Kotaku's readers would think of a Brendan Brewer comic drawn in pencil that is 20 panels long, featuring nothing but him thinking deeply about what his part is in the giant, heartless machine that is the games industry, and the idea that can one man truly make a difference*

followed by a fart joke

Dead Man

Because the people voted a certain way. Now some douchey Liberal MP is practically crossing the floor on a permanent basis. That's basically what's happening right? I'm actually being sincere, I'm just trying to figure out what's happening:

- The Speaker of the House has always been taken from the governing party
- In this case, this proved to be annoying for Labor.
- Slipper throws a hissy fit because he's not going to get preselected for the next election.
- Goes to the ALP to get himself elected Speaker, completely screwing over the Liberal Party in the process.

It's a massive douche move. I don't really care what Abbot's done in the past - I'm just looking at this issue in isolation. It's also pretty insulting to the people who voted for Slipper in the first place, because they voted for a Liberal Party Member.

How does he not have a right to be angry?

He may have a right to be angry at Slipper, but even that is a mess of his own making. Mr 'no for the sake of no' and 'proud to be a creature of the party' has no moral ground to stand on, even if something untoward had been done, which has not. It is just a case of Liberals being on the losing side of politics today.

If the Libs don't like it, they should make a rule like the Labor party has that you can't cross the floor. It's the most stupid thing the Labor party has, but if they don't want it to be possible, that's what they need to do.

Jintor

*pondering what Kotaku's readers would think of a Brendan Brewer comic drawn in pencil that is 20 panels long, featuring nothing but him thinking deeply about what his part is in the giant, heartless machine that is the games industry, and the idea that can one man truly make a difference*

followed by a fart joke

I think it would be awesome.

Mind if I do a guest strip? This is a non time-limited offer, because I need to adjust to using my tablet on my monitor again, it feels wrong right now :T

Deeku

Sure was nice of uni to do a library fire drill when I'm cramming for my exam! Then I dropped my notes into a puddle;_;

EB better still be open when my exam finishes at around 7, or I won't be able to give them my 120 dollarydoos for Zelda.

lol politics!

Shaneus

Reminds me of the time when I flipped open my 3DS only to realise that I had street passed with Choc, without even knowing it, without even knowing what he looks like.

I had a brush with greatness and it passed me by in the blink of an eye.

Mindblowing.
You probably would've noticed speckles of THE RAGE that had rubbed off of him onto your shirt.

Anyway, filled in what I could from that list. There ya go.

hamchan

I went to JB HiFi earlier to get Tales of the Abyss that they supposedly had as an exclusive.
They didnt even have it on the shelf.

It wasn't listed on their site until launch day and now its listed as $70!!

I'm just about done with retailers

Bleh, why the heck is it exclusive to JB anyways. I would have bought the game too if they actually listed it online before today, now I'm already importing it. WTF Namco :-/

Top Bottom