• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Fez add that to the list of cool games coming next year, my most anticipated in fact
I won't believe it is going to be released until I see it booting up in front of my eyes. Damn it has been a long time coming.

Deus Ex Human Revolution on 360 for $17

Space Marine on 360 with Preorder DLC for $35

Space Marine on PS3 for $25 (online may only work with Korean PSN accounts)

Vanquish on 360/PS3 for $17! You have no fucking excuse now! Might buy a backup copy at that price.

Shaneus

You all know what's GOTY 2011? Motherfucking Zookeeper on iOS. I'd searched for it before as "zoo keeper" yet for some fucked up reason, it only brought up an app about the MOVIE "Zookeeper" and some knockoff which ripped the sprites straight off Zookeeper, but not Zookeeper itself... hence, I thought it wasn't on there.

But now, productivity outside of iOS gaming has hit zero thanks to my discovery of it last weekend, when it was only a buck.

guidop

I had an Idea for next year's movember. I can't really grow facial hair, I'm freaky like that and having a moustache doesn't negatively effect you socially. So my plan or idea is to do a constanza, shave in a full bald patch. Not only is it embarrassing i think people would donate a pretty penny

URL]

Yay or nay?

markot

Banned
Also, Kotaku is bad.

Zelda OOT is as great as it was back in the day of yore. Its timeless in its timelessness, and also in that it has time travel.

If you feel like its aged, then you probably have that super fast aging thingy and should see a geneticist for study!

Ydahs

Also, Kotaku is bad.

Zelda OOT is as great as it was back in the day of yore. Its timeless in its timelessness, and also in that it has time travel.

If you feel like its aged, then you probably have that super fast aging thingy and should see a geneticist for study!

I played it for the first time in full earlier this year on the 3DS. I was surprised how much I was enjoying it despite it being 13(?) years old. It's a very, very good game.

Hopefully the original 3DS Zelda follows a similar design.

Dead Man

I feel like a bad person. I finally have Skyrim running (pretty low specs) but I just am not feeling it. It's a great world so far (only just finished the opening mission) but the controls seem clunky, the inventory system is not ideal, remapping the keys has caused some weirdness where I can't favourite things unless I go back to default options, and why the hell is the right mouse button the left hand and vice versa? Actually, I know why that is, but it is still not an intuitive system for me. Anyway, I think I will put it on the shelf for a while and come back when I have a decent box.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just hope the next HL stops the cockteasing and starts answering some questions as opposed to raising new ones.

It wont, probably not in the way you want, because Valve's story telling opposes it.

Choc

Banned
shaneus zookeeper started on ds, i reviewed it back in the day. Its digital crack

World domination confirmed. Skyrim 40/40 from Famitsu. First western game to get a perfect score

Wow

Are you all buying Rayman Origins yet?
Is it any good?
Also is the CE with the fold out paper craft stand thingy any good?

Also the steampunk concept art at Ruffian looks great, seems the background of the company is in Microsoft 360 first party support before Xen turned into Ruffian so I would be surprised if they weren't doing Crackdown 3 for them along with a steampunk title with another publisher, maybe even THQ in their current spending spree.

Choc

Banned
Yeeeeeeeeees Kimi is back ! Signed with Renault

6 former champions on grid in 2012

Rayman is one of the best games this yr

Jintor

I tried the demo and found it a bit boring :/

How representative is the demo of the actual game?

The difficulty curve ramps up supremely in the game proper. Like, SUPREMELY. Especially once you realise that the game is really kind of all about 'flow'.

Deeku

So yeah I've been watching Breaking Bad and it's eating into my Zelda time.

I thought so, but kind of wanted to put the whole "thing" behind me. I'm not pleased with the side of me it brought out, nor the way I was feeling having my experiences questioned.
mainheader_nosaul.jpg
But I now understand this from a week ago! :lol

Spittake.gif

Bioshock Infinite
Torchlight 2
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2 Episode 1
XCOM
Syndicate
Crackdown 3
I forgot about Bioshock Infinite. Torchlight 2 I though was meant to be this year. Apparently no longer. Diablo 3 I forgot, as well. Or is it that I always think of Blizzard games as having a permanent "Release Date TBA"? Probably the latter. Please apply this to Starcraft: Part 2: Part 2: The Siphoning but also add a smidge of 'shrug' to the whole thing.

Serious question: Did Starcraft: Part 2: Part 1: The Wallet Tenderizing do much for Blizzard? i.e. did Korea melt due to excitement? Did the world care to a level that one would expect when the previous game lasted for over 10years and was still being played professionally across the world?

XCOM, I thought, had been written off by the hardc0rez as a travesty of a game that spurned it roots and was unnecessarily turned into an FPS, who then turned back to their game of Fallout: New Vegas.

Syndicate is not a remake of which I knew anything about. I fear that research will not turn up anything good. Yea or nay, AusGAF?

Sure, say that on a day when I've been too busy to post :(
Coincidence?

I think 2011 has been pretty lacklustre actually. Next year we have
GTAV
Max Payne 3
Prey 2
Diablo 3
Mass Effect 3
Syndicate
BioShock: Infinite
Spec Ops: The Line
The Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
Starcraft 2: Whatever the next bit's called
Tomb Raider reboot
I Am Alive
Assassin's Creed 3
the inevitable COD game

After a quick look on Wikipedia, you could also add:
Hitman: Absolution
Halo 4
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Darksiders 2
Far Cry 3
Gotham City Impostors
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Last Guardian
Metro: Last Light
Ninja Gaiden 3
STALKER 2
SSX
XCOM

Not a lot of new IP there, though.
How could I forget The Last Guardian? Gah! However, looking at your list there really isn't a lot for me. Darksiders 2 will probably be purchased, however the Pre-order date on the publisher's website is late December 2012, so chances of it dropping next year seem high.

Prey 2, I thought, was out. Or was meant to be out this year. Like earlier this year or something. I'm sure I heard a lot about it. No Tommy. Less Vaginadoors. Less hype. Obviously it didn't come out this year. Let 2012 have all the glory, is what the pubisher was thinking. 2011 has been a hog. Let 2012 have some games.

The Tomb Raider Reboot V12: The QTEvent of the Year Edition could be okay as long as you beleive prerelease PR spin. And as long as it isn't as QTE heavy as it's seeming like it could be. More than any of game, Ms Croft suffers from rebootitis, to the point where I will not beleive any previews or publisher spin about the games.

Mass Effect 3 is a game that I'll get to at some point and unless I mainline 3 games in the next 12 months it won't until 2013 at the earliest. It is, however, another big name game that didn't occur to me when I thought about games dropping next year.

The list, however, is not really brimming with games that excite me. I'm sure this will be different for a lot of other people but for me, well, if you were to say "pick 5 games that you'll buy next year" I would probably struggle to come up with that many. Last Guardian. Bioshock Infinite. Hmm.

your awesome on 7pm project rep

Fez add that to the list of cool games coming next year, my most anticipated in fact. Also Johnno Blow has a new game for next year I believe
Ha!

Fez? I've heard a lot about it but it's usually been "when iz Fex coming out. its been delayed thats bullshit its never coming out i want the game so bad game is awesome must have" level of writing. What is it that's got everyone's knickers in a bunch?

You expect someone who hardly uses capitals (except when using ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME) or punctuation, consistently and intentionally misspells words, and copy-pastes an article with no link to the source, to multi-quote? You jest good sir, very funny.
Yeah, but I'm certain that it would take more effort to reply separately to each post. At the very least I would expect that choc would use the multiquote fuction but reply to everyone at the bottom, not clearly denoting which rant relates to which quote.

That would be awesome.

Also, everyone is forgetting the 2012 GOTY on there lists: Crusader Kings II

*cue the 'WTF is Crusader Kings?' posts*

Here's hoping it's not a traditional Paradox game in the sense that it isn't a buggy mess on day 1.
WTF is Crusader Kings?

RAYMAN ORIGINS IS SO GOOD BUY BUY BUY
I think I will. No, I won't. Yeah, I probably will. NO! Probably.

No more game purchases this year my ass. I want to buy it but I may try and hold strong. I have too many games. Backlog mass so great it's forming it's own gravity and atmosphere.

Sorry if this whole post is weird/angry/pissy/whathaveyou. At work. Tired. So very tired. So very late. Potentially not sure of what I'm writing level of tried.

If I've abused/violated/insulted a game you're excited for I apologize...

..for your lack of taste and good judgement.

Zing!

As a born Radelaidian I do have a soft spot for the cooky, comfy town. Great entertaining people there.

Accepting American Dollars despite the strong Yen.
My first thought exactly. Skyrim seems awesome but everyone already knows how full of shit Famitsu have been for some time. Hopefully this leads to more Japanese devs trying the game and seeing how awesome a world can be created. Also hopefully they get Patrick Stewart to voice a character in Persona 5. As your dad would be cool.

Serious question: Did Starcraft: Part 2: Part 1: The Wallet Tenderizing do much for Blizzard?

XCOM, I thought, had been written off by the hardc0rez as a travesty of a game that spurned it roots and was unnecessarily turned into an FPS, who then turned back to their game of Fallout: New Vegas.

Syndicate is not a remake of which I knew anything about. I fear that research will not turn up anything good. Yea or nay, AusGAF?

How could I forget The Last Guardian? Gah! However, looking at your list there really isn't a lot for me. Darksiders 2 will probably be purchased, however the Pre-order date on the publisher's website is late December 2012, so chances of it dropping next year seem high.

Prey 2, I thought, was out. Or was meant to be out this year. Like earlier this year or something. I'm sure I heard a lot about it. No Tommy. Less Vaginadoors. Less hype. Obviously it didn't come out this year. Let 2012 have all the glory, is what the pubisher was thinking. 2011 has been a hog. Let 2012 have some games.

Yeah, but I'm certain that it would take more effort to reply separately to each post. At the very least I would expect that choc would use the multiquote fuction but reply to everyone at the bottom, not clearly denoting which rant relates to which quote.
Starcraft 2 made them wet at the knees. Sold gangbusters. Didn't have the long legs like the previous Blizzard titles so far though.

XCOM looks enjoyable enough. Just have to ignore the origins of the IP. I'm not going to shun an Australian developer just because of the choice of IP.

Syndicate is in the same boat, looks fun enough. I doubt they will be mindblowing but they should be solid 7/10 material that will be perfect for an entertaining first run through.

Shit I forgot those 2 too. Both are Day One for me.

Prey 2 looks incredible. Watch the long trailers or the playthrough from one of the conferences. Tommy is in the game. You are a bounty hunter on an alien metropolis. How can that NOT be a great time?

It is much easier while reading the thread to right click each quote, open new tab. Then you browse to the end of the thread and switch to your tabs, writing a reply to each one and hit Submit Reply. Of course it shits up the thread a bit but would take less effort

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I tried the demo and found it a bit boring :/

How representative is the demo of the actual game?

I played the demo and wasn't convinced at all. It does a poor job of communicating what the game is all about.

2 hours and 3 minutes to go until you all race down to your local JB Hifi (or other) and buy this game.

Choc

Banned
for some reason at work the multiquote button does not show, thats why im not using it. Zoo keeper is not edutainment

its like bejewelled

New Indie Royale Bundle is up. Nothing really for me in the bundle, save Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII which I already have.

Played SpaceChem for the first time last night. It's doing my head in.

giri

for some reason at work the multiquote button does not show, thats why im not using it. Zoo keeper is not edutainment

its like bejewelled

I'm not sure what it's using, but i think it's a jscript thing. If your work doesn't use the latest version of browsers, it might not be up to date enough.

Choc

Banned
Saul Eslake - Canberra is treating a budget surplus as a Holy Grail when it really doesn't need to.
Saul Eslake

Well

maybe if Abbott wasn't so fucking blind to this fact, the government could. But because abbott is such a tool, they can't manage the country properly

Top Bottom