• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Gazunta

Saying the media's reporting makes no sense is like saying the 1,000+ Spider-Man comics don't make sense when read together. It's just all made up bullshit who cares.

Choc

Banned
That's crap. People love to bag a government. Abbott is just taking the cheap, easy line of no substance.

Australians just need to look at whats happened in NSW to see what happens when you vote in a leader who has said no policies before an election

Fredescu

effective opposition, opposes that which is shit.
Effective for who? Effective opposition polls better than the government. The polls say he's been pretty damned effective.

r1chard said:
That's crap. People love to bag a government
There have been plenty of eras where the government has sustained a lead in the polls, or it has at least been close. The polls haven't been close for a long time now.

Rezbit

MW3 has a metascore of 89 while MK7 has a metascore of 87. That's near enough as makes no difference. Meanwhile Zelda outscored a tonne of blockbusters. Not seeing the anti-Nintendo bias here.

Lol that fat guy from Destructoid give MW3 a 10/10, tried to jump into the RPS/KotakuAU argument like a massive toolkit, then gave MK7 a 5/10 for not being original enough. Worst reviewer ever.

midonnay

oh this is a good one...

Commonwealth Serum Labs (blood products and other pharmaceuticals)

privatised for 300 million..... now worth
15 billion down from 20 billion a few years ago

and people wonder why we're in a two speed economy

/end rant

Choc

Banned
Effective for who? Effective opposition polls better than the government. The polls say he's been pretty damned effective.

There have been plenty of eras where the government has sustained a lead in the polls, or it has at least been close. The polls haven't been close for a long time now.

indeed but thats because of Julia (and the Juliar slur)

and fred i mean EFFECTIVE for the country. Tony is not being effective for the natio nright now at all. Holding the Government to account on many things is very good, being a balls out dick who is saying no for the sake of it even if its good policy is being a cock. The hung parliament is what has caused this. Tony knew he was 1 seat from an election and so wanted to force the issue so much.

Now that its 2, he might change. I doubt it.

Example of opposition being ineffective for nation: They rejected the budget bill in the Senate that mandates both parties must have all election promises costed independantly and released to the public PRIOR to the election

how the FUCK can you oppose that unless you want to hide from budget blackholes, like the 11 billion blackhole found in TA's numbers after the last election

If Malcom took over the liberal leadership today i'd flip and be on the libs side, but tony is way to scary and follows the populist vote way to much to have as a PM. He flips and flops like no bodies business.

Choc

Banned
Which is my point. You're blaming Abbott for a lot of things that are at least equally the fault of the government.

When have opposition leaders given a shit about that? It's just in most cases it's not close enough for it to matter.

Malcolm Turnbull gave a shit about that. Which is why the liberals turfed him

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Someone beat me to it;

11746288.jpg

Choc

Banned
He doesn't give enough of a shit about it to quit the front bench rather than be Abbott's anti-NBN shill.

true

but hopefully he is just biding his time. If they put Turnbull in before next election they will destroy the electorate

the only reason people will vote labor next time is

1) staunch labor voter

2) Abbott

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
People care about Mario Kart reviews? That's absurd.

Gazunta

BUT HOW ELSE WILL YOU KNOW WHAT SOMEONE WHO GOT THE GAME FOR FREE AND HAS 14 OTHER GAMES TO PLAY THIS WEEK THINKS ABOUT IT?!

markot

Banned
The High Court has overturned a woman's right to refuse to incriminate her husband, a move which experts say has overturned hundreds of years of common law tradition.

Hmmm

markot

Banned
You guys are focused on the wrong thing. Yes, a lot of reviewers are morons for giving MW3 a good score for "the same thing", while simultaneously bagging MK7 for being "the same thing". But you have to ask, are their arguments against MK7 wrong? What they reviewed other games is irrelevant.

No...

VOOK

You guys are focused on the wrong thing. Yes, a lot of reviewers are morons for giving MW3 a good score for "the same thing", while simultaneously bagging MK7 for being "the same thing". But you have to ask, are their arguments against MK7 wrong? What they reviewed other games is irrelevant.

Mario Kart 7 is a Mario Kart game, I don't know what you were expecting from it...

In other news;

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a real game? That's some Capcom level of bullshit naming right there.
Final Fantasy X-2
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Kingdom Hearts: 365/2 Days
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

All real games published or being published by Square Enix.

Yes it does. Reviews are subjective and are meant to be an assessment on something the reader is uncertain about. The game being reviewed that the reader hasn't played is an unknown quantity. Reading other reviews by the same author for known quantities puts their verdict into context.

Gazunta

Wasn't that a metascore for developers?

Yeah, it was for developers. I remember according to them I designed Guitar Hero III and also my score was higher than Miyamotos. Lololol.

Metacritic also do track data about particular publications, how often they review above or below the average etc...

giri

Trying to get an objectionable review of anything Nintendo from most of the mainstream gaming media (and 99% of its the US media, not AU) is like well something very hard.

Nintendo 'ruined' a lot these guys childhoods you see, these guys are all late 20s to early 30 year olds who are still just giant kids who argue over which is better Sonic or Mario, PSX or N64's. They're still pissing on Nintendo for the whole 'motion' thing and 'killing gaming'.

There is also the whole fact that Nintendo as a company don't do the whole PR junket thing. So no free flights to the HQ to play this game, no hotel rooms booked, no PR kit full of V drinks, a mini-fridge and copies of Maxim for every big game that comes out. No hookers and blowjobs to get a good review either.

Every review of MW3 has been the same, 'its the same game, no change to the formula etc'. But it still gets a 9, 10 out of 10. Why?

Reviewer was probably getting his dick sucked the whole time he wrote it.

MW3 might have been a 9/10 game. It sounds like it was buggy, but you expect that from a COD game. It sounds like the SP was rubbish... but you don't really buy that game for it's SP, do you? So, as long as the MP was up to scratch...

The same arguments go for MK7 though. His reasons were contradictory and a little asinine good game is good regardless of whether it's "different or not". If your main complaint is that it's EXACTLY the same, but everything else is still perfect, it's an 8/10 at least, really.

VOOK

MW3 might have been a 9/10 game. It sounds like it was buggy, but you expect that from a COD game. It sounds like the SP was rubbish... but you don't really buy that game for it's SP, do you? So, as long as the MP was up to scratch...

The same arguments go for MK7 though. His reasons were contradictory and a little asinine good game is good regardless of whether it's "different or not". If your main complaint is that it's EXACTLY the same, but everything else is still perfect, it's an 8/10 at least, really.

Exactly, Mario Kart 7 probably isn't a 9.5 game. But is a 5? No.

I did play MW3's single player to the end. Calling it buggy or unpolished is incorrect. For me, I found it fun without it going far beyond the CoD template. It wasn't as silly as MW2 and the story was presented better. Yes, there was a story. The only major criticisms I have are P2P networking for ranked games and dedicated server only for unranked and the maps aren't as good as previous games.

tl;dr it's not shit just because it's popular.
I learned this from trolling WoW players.

Are we getting outraged about every review score that's not 9/10 now are we? People have hated on each new Mario since at least the N64 version. Yet they sell gangbusters and people love playing them. Think the 3Ds has tanked? Wait until you see a press release in about a year's time when they've sold a few million each of Mario 3D and MK7.

Top Bottom