• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Dead Man

The problem is all of the previous games have run with the story of training Desmond up by having him re-live the memories, so you can't have him do all this training and then use a completely different gameplay style to kill people.

What are they training him for though? He is in the future, yes? [I have not actually played any of the games:(]Surely a broader range of training is justifiable.

giri

if you've ever played a EA game on Live, you have one

Microsoft will probably tell EA 'THIS IS WHY WE DONT FUCKING LET PEOPLE HAVE TEHIR OWN SERVERS'

Thing is, i can't think of a single EA game that i've played, that i would have signed up for.

Thinking about it, i do rememebr getting emails from them, but ignoring them basically.

Also, Microsofts "we'll get back to you in under 20minutes" was said to me over an hour ago.

Great.

And yes, this is a great reason to not allow external servers.

jambo

What are they training him for though? He is in the future, yes? [I have not actually played any of the games:(]Surely a broader range of training is justifiable.

All of the games take place in the year
. And they are training him to become an Assassin, as he is a descendent.

The overarching story is based in
. Through using the Animus and reliving his ancestors memories Desmond is starting to have the memories leak into his reality so he can do the cool shit in the real world that he had been doing in the Animus world.

Dead Man

All of the games take place in the year
. And they are training him to become an Assassin, as he is a descendent.

The overarching story is based in
. Through using the Animus and reliving his ancestors memories Desmond is starting to have the memories leak into his reality so he can do the cool shit in the real world that he had been doing in the Animus world.
Thanks. So if the next one isn't Desmond, they could do a more modern setting, yeah? Surely that would be more believable?
Surprise twist: They want to win the high-dive in the Olympics.
:)

Thanks. So if the next one isn't Desmond, they could do a more modern setting, yeah? Surely that would be more believable?
Actually (big spoilers from the end of AC:R)
it's shown that those-who-came-before (whatever they were called) had some sort of futuristic Atlantean-style civilisation way back in the past, so instead of going into the future, it'd be more likely to go way back into the past ... to achieve the same thing

Gazunta

Pro tip for anyone who runs a website: did you know that if you put some way of contacting you on your website, people who like to send out review copies of games can use that contact information to get you a game!

I know right, shocking huh.

Jintor

Pro tip for anyone who runs a website: did you know that if you put some way of contacting you on your website, people who like to send out review copies of games can use that contact information to get you a game!

Whelp, time to build my own website

Choc

Banned
Thing is, i can't think of a single EA game that i've played, that i would have signed up for.

Thinking about it, i do rememebr getting emails from them, but ignoring them basically.

Also, Microsofts "we'll get back to you in under 20minutes" was said to me over an hour ago.

Great.

And yes, this is a great reason to not allow external servers.

Giri if you login to Xbox Live with an EA game in your system and open that game, it auto creates an EA profile

Choc

Banned
Actually (big spoilers from the end of AC:R)
it's shown that those-who-came-before (whatever they were called) had some sort of futuristic Atlantean-style civilisation way back in the past, so instead of going into the future, it'd be more likely to go way back into the past ... to achieve the same thing

The very end reminds of
teh start of FFXIII

giri

Giri if you login to Xbox Live with an EA game in your system and open that game, it auto creates an EA profile

Ugh.

I thought you still had to sign up externally (or through an in game process).

Thats terrible, stupid, and extremely retarded.

Choc

Banned

gaz you should well know that obtaining games in australia as media is blood from a stone

therefore peoople dont do it because they enver think publishers would be so nice :p

Choc

Banned
I hope that is in the EULA. :p

Does it copy through your xbox live password?

yes well sort of. Xbox live is the front door and then you are impersonated on the live EA servers

it carries through your email address and its your email address that is used for authentication. if you want to access your EA live account outside live you need to setup its own password though

HOWEVER

Xbox Live being a Windows Live account being hotmail etc, it is a big hole but to get EA on live MS had to live with it.

yes well sort of. Xbox live is the front door and then you are impersonated on the live EA servers

it carries through your email address and its your email address that is used for authentication. if you want to access your EA live account outside live you need to setup its own password though

HOWEVER

Xbox Live being a Windows Live account being hotmail etc, it is a big hole but to get EA on live MS had to live with it.

So if I change my XBL email often enough I will be protected enough to avoid getting hacked?

Frawdder

Assassin's Creed could get rid of the Desmond stuff and I would still play those games (except for the fact of Ubisoft being complete idiots). Having recently finished AC2 I almost forgot that it had a present day component to it until the end when it all got weird. I just really enjoyed the story of Ezio, Rodrigo Borgia and the setting of 15th century Italy.

Basically I just want more games in historical real world settings that don't have some crazy twist to it. Call it 'Grand Theft Horse: 1066' or whatever, I would play the shit out of that!

Choc

Banned
Assassin's Creed could get rid of the Desmond stuff and I would still play those games (except for the fact of Ubisoft being complete idiots). Having recently finished AC2 I almost forgot that it had a present day component to it until the end when it all got weird. I just really enjoyed the story of Ezio, Rodrigo Borgia and the setting of 15th century Italy.

Basically I just want more games in historical real world settings that don't have some crazy twist to it. Call it 'Grand Theft Horse: 1066' or whatever, I would play the shit out of that!

Frawd i couldn't agree more. The fact AC:R has
zero desmond gameplay wise unless you search for it
makes me think Ubi think the same

Gazunta

Review: Saints Row The Third:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQed5ILgrhI

Hey, I finally did another one of these.
THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. You are the funniest person in all of AusGAF.

gaz

this is going to blow your fucking mind

http://www.jotform.com/wishbox
SUPER MARIO WEDDING CAKE!!!

That's a pretty cool idea...

So hey let's talk about about iPad magazine publishing. What works for you? Is it something you're interested in? Do you read magazines on a device?

I was going to get Retro Gamer, but the irony of using new tech to read it was too much.

Shaneus

Far Side was awesome. I think people don't realise what a ground breaking comic it was. It came in a time when newspaper comics were incredibly sterile and added a lot of subversive life to the place.
Definitely. I don't know whether I liked them because I had a dry sense of humour, or whether I have a dry sense of humor because of them, but they were pretty much the only reason I ever read the newspaper when I was younger.

My favourite:
kQuxP.jpg

"Look, if it was electric, could I do this?"

And that cropped up...
WkQ3j.jpg

M4t9y.gif

M4t9y.gif

HkV4u.gif

And Tintiin and Calvin & Hobbes are perfect.
I never read enough of either :(
I get paid montly! The last few days are always the worst.

Got my pay tho! Had a pie for lunch.

Shaneus I cbs going to the pm featurr! Would you like cash or digital moneys!
Ones and zeroes is probably the best if it's okay with you! We can work out the details whenever, kinda busy at work ATM :/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Definitely. I don't know whether I liked them because I had a dry sense of humour, or whether I have a dry sense of humor because of them, but they were pretty much the only reason I ever read the newspaper when I was younger.

My favourite:
kQuxP.jpg

"Look, if it was electric, could I do this?"

And that cropped up...
WkQ3j.jpg

M4t9y.gif

M4t9y.gif

HkV4u.gif

I never read enough of either :(

Ones and zeroes is probably the best if it's okay with you! We can work out the details whenever, kinda busy at work ATM :/

1's and 0's work for me! just finished my meeting, time to get skyrim on le way home!

Choc

Banned
THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME. You are the funniest person in all of AusGAF.

SUPER MARIO WEDDING CAKE!!!

That's a pretty cool idea...

So hey let's talk about about iPad magazine publishing. What works for you? Is it something you're interested in? Do you read magazines on a device?

I was going to get Retro Gamer, but the irony of using new tech to read it was too much.

edge costs me $4 an issue instead of FOURTEEN now thanks to ipad

Gaz you can self publish on the kindle via amazon for no cost i believe

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
fucking eatchildren. jb all sold out. had to go to EB. grabbed it off the shelf. 109. sales dude tells me they have the limites edition for 108 so he goes and grabs that.

Kritz

Banned
It took me about 20 tries to get the audio to any kind of acceptable state, so I'm glad you guys like it. I might go for a NFS: The Run review, but I haven't actually played that game so I'm not sure if I should. More than likely the next review will actually be RAGE or Limbo.

I guess we'll see how much longer this video review thing can stay entertaining.

Agyar

I have one physical magazine subscription (Beer & Brewer) and five digital subscriptions (Wired, Edge, National Geographic, Popular Science and Rolling Stone). I read all the digital versions on my iPad.

The convenience of having all the content on one device and the lower-than-physical prices are the biggest drawcards for digital magazines. At a minimum, magazines like Edge and Rolling Stone are essentially facsimiles of the printed versions, which is fine considering I want to read the content. The digital versions of Wired and National Geographic, however, are definitely superior to the print versions, with specifically formatted apps that do away with the paper layout, embedded video/audio and interactive elements.

At the end of the day, digital delivery of content blursr the line between "web sites", "magazines" and "apps" but the bottom line is that I don't mind paying for quality content and delivery is more about smart design than choosing a delivery method.

Top Bottom