• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The art of the parody review is to get people angered, even though it may or may not be your opinion. The more people who get angry at your review the more people that watch to see who they offend next.

Like Yahtzee.

Jintor

I just spent $100 on not brilliant comics and a moleskin sketchbook

I could have spent $100 on brilliant comics and a moleskin sketchbook but I can probably find those comics online for cheaper.

I also bought Skyward Sword.

Just read the latest blurb for the new Korn album. I had a nice laugh.
2011 release, the 10th album from the Alt-Metal band. Infusing Dubstep anarchy into their signature sound, the legendary quartet stand on the cusp of a musical revolution for both Hard Rock and Electronica. Collaborating with Dubstep heavyweights Skrillex, Excision, Downlink, Noisia, Feed Me, 12th Planet, and Flinch, Korn have constructed a hypnotic hybrid of Dubstep and Metal. Bouncing from polyrhythmic guitar pummeling into drastic electro drops, the music is dark, dangerous, and definitive Korn. The band are no strangers to revolution though. In fact, they’ve been purveyors of heavy music’s progression since forming in Bakersfield, CA in 1994 and becoming one of the most influential entities that the genre has ever seen.

thats the hot rumor. It makes a LOT of sense for the current gameplay systems, thats for sure. Running on top of pyramids etc ;)
I would day one that game rather than day 365 for $22 like I have done with Bro and will do with Revevelatatories.

Fusebox

Banned
http://www.news.com.au/business/not-a-merry-xmas-for-harvey-norman/story-e6frfm1i-1226209463445

Chief executive Gerry Harvey warned the upcoming festive season would be "okay'' but it would not be the best Christmas ever.

"This year I can't say that,'' he said.

"There's no sign out there in the community that we're going to have this wonderful Christmas. I don't see it.''

Translation:

Chief executive Gerry Harvey warned the upcoming festive season would be "profitable'' but it would not be the most profitable Christmas ever.

"This year I can't say that,'' he said.

"There's no sign out there in the community that we're going to make an obscene profit this Christmas. I don't see it.''

So why is Gerry Harvey such a dickhead, and why does his constant grumbling keep qualifying as news?

Fusebox

Banned
Noisy people get all the attention. Especially when he is being aggressive or trying to rock the boat.

True. Also I think I need to stop checking news.com.au, it's always shit like Gerry Harvey grumbling or everyone grumbling about something Kyle Sandilands said or which bimbo some cricketer is fucking this week.

You guys like post-rock? Check out Ocoai.

Oh shit, I'm going to play so much The World Ends With You in like a week
Good chap, best Square game this generation aside from the Tactics Ogre clean up.

True. Also I think I need to stop checking news.com.au, it's always shit like Gerry Harvey grumbling or everyone grumbling about something Kyle Sandilands said or which bimbo some cricketer is fucking this week.
Only time I ever buy a paper is to rip out the Wines Direct coupon on Wednesdays and the odd entertaining watch of The Project as it is pretty inoffensive with their opinion based discussions rather than stating "facts". I really should watch ABC24 more often but the little guy is much more pleasant when ABC2 is on. Plus he talks over the news anyway so I can't take much in.

Install the Murdoch Block extension and tick everything. So many problems solved in a single stroke!
Oh my thank you!

It has been a day of awesome one liners and comebacks.

Damnit fish, quit that swimming.

sounds shady to me.

Vinception.

Aren't there mushrooms in your house? Problem solved!

But, mainly, I luuuuuuuuuuurve the fact that, despite the fact that it is now embarrassingly easy to multiquote, choc refuses to do so.

I admire your conviction, sir.

No, seriously, I love it.

Also, 2011 has been quite a big year for games; lot's of trilogies wrapping up, lots of high profile games finally hitting the market. My question is, is anything coming out next year? Towards the end of last year we were already in the shadow of the rapidly approaching juggernaut of 2011 but we're at the end of it, and I have no idea what's coming out next year. Is there anything?

Also, 2011 has been quite a big year for games; lot's of trilogies wrapping up, lots of high profile games finally hitting the market. My question is, is anything coming out next year? Towards the end of last year we were already in the shadow of the rapidly approaching juggernaut of 2011 but we're at the end of it, and I have no idea what's coming out next year. Is there anything?
Spittake.gif

Bioshock Infinite
Torchlight 2
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2 Episode 1
XCOM
Syndicate
Crackdown 3

Shaneus

It has been a day of awesome one liners and comebacks.

But, mainly, I luuuuuuuuuuurve the fact that, despite the fact that it is now embarrassingly easy to multiquote, choc refuses to do so.

I admire your conviction, sir.

No, seriously, I love it.
Sure, say that on a day when I've been too busy to post :(

Choc

Banned
Tonight we saw without doubt teh most biased reporting against the Government on every television channel so far.

Yes, the baby bonus is shedding $400 but guess what, teh paid parental leave (which most people except those who are still in school) will get is staying the same

how many mentions did that rate? zero

Oh no its all about working families being worse off. Ok FACTS CHANNEL 7 9 and ABC

its like this

the baby bonus is now $5000

the EIGHTEEN WEEK PAID PARENTAL LEAVE SYSTEM (which WORKING FAMILIES GET) is equivilent of $573 for 18 weeks

geez, i dunno approximately 9k sounds a whole lot better than 5 and thats what they get for PPL.

I am OVER HOW FUCKING BAD OUR JOURNALISTS ARE IN AUSTRALIA

its HORRENDOUS how bad they are. Using twitter etc without checking sources, and not even looking up a piece of simple government legislation

the whole lot needs to go, they are useless mouthpieces for the management of teh stations. No integrity, none. Fuck them.

I think 2011 has been pretty lacklustre actually. Next year we have
GTAV
Max Payne 3
Prey 2
Diablo 3
Mass Effect 3
Syndicate
BioShock: Infinite
Spec Ops: The Line
The Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
Starcraft 2: Whatever the next bit's called
Tomb Raider reboot
I Am Alive
Assassin's Creed 3
the inevitable COD game

After a quick look on Wikipedia, you could also add:
Hitman: Absolution
Halo 4
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Darksiders 2
Far Cry 3
Gotham City Impostors
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Last Guardian
Metro: Last Light
Ninja Gaiden 3
STALKER 2
SSX
XCOM

Not a lot of new IP there, though.

Hell yeah Prey 2 will be awesome.

Also I wish I had gotten paid parental leave, would have been awesome!
In any case the baby bonus is paid out over 6 months in fortnightly payments so you won't even notice the difference.

You forgot Torchlight 2 cod!

Found a copy of Repoman and enjoying the cheesy 80's vibe

Hey Guys,

Really need your help with donations for Movember

3387254.jpg

Look at my terrible mo, isn't it worthy of your donations?

:D

:(

http://mobro.co/AlexLisyak

Comeon bros, where's your heart?

5 bucks 1 dollar everything counts!

Jintor

I am curious about GTAV, Max Payne3, Diablo3, ME3, Bioshock Infinite, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3, Last Guardian, XCOM, Stalker, and Tomb Raider to some extent. Metro as well, if I ever get around to finishing 2032 or whatever this one was.

ps serrels has a better mo'

311404_10150488061180196_529400195_11117788_18288287_n.jpg

Next year we have

There's maybe five games I'm interested in there and none of them are immediate pick ups. At the moment 2012 is looking like this for me:

Final Fantasy XIII-2
Luigi's Mansion 2
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario
Rhythm Thief
Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts 3D

Assuming they all actually drop next year.

Bow to the glory of my 29 day mo!
2011-11-2916.05.42lzxcg.jpg

Fuck I look sunken as shit. No sleep plus end of month crunch. Thankfully summer is at our door step! Time out in the sun again! This office stuff has been horrible for my tan and my belly.

guidop

your awesome on 7pm project rep

Fez add that to the list of cool games coming next year, my most anticipated in fact. Also Johnno Blow has a new game for next year I believe

Frawdder

You expect someone who hardly uses capitals (except when using ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME) or punctuation, consistently and intentionally misspells words, and copy-pastes an article with no link to the source, to multi-quote? You jest good sir, very funny.

Also, everyone is forgetting the 2012 GOTY on there lists: Crusader Kings II

*cue the 'WTF is Crusader Kings?' posts*

Here's hoping it's not a traditional Paradox game in the sense that it isn't a buggy mess on day 1.

Top Bottom