• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

So Sony's Playstation division is having a night of the long knives. Why aren't people making a bigger deal out of it? The execs being fired is a much bigger piece of news than Ueda leaving.

So Sony's Playstation division is having a night of the long knives. Why aren't people making a bigger deal out of it? The execs being fired is a much bigger piece of news than Ueda leaving.

The American office needed a bit of a shake up. Is Ueda leaving confimed yet? His output has been high quality but insanely slow. Long time since Shadow.

Fusebox

Banned
Let's be honest, though - outsmart an enemy in Gamebyro games doesn't mean actually outsmarting an enemy, it means abusing the AI's limitations.

You could also do things like stack potions and load up weapons with poisons and other DoTs to let your fight higher level mobs.

Choc

Banned

if you want to know where to look check out US sales PS3 vs Xbox monthly for the last 6 months

Go to www.ea.com. Get this:
Pcixf.png

Whoops.

Gazunta

Because most gamers don't know who the management of Sony are, what they do or why they matter?

It's like asking a soda drinker who is the VP of marketing at Coca-Cola Amatil.

^^^

People know Nintendo's US marketing execs.

Something BIG is going down and all people are worried about is the fate of one overhyped exclusive.

The American office needed a bit of a shake up. Is Ueda leaving confimed yet? His output has been high quality but insanely slow. Long time since Shadow.
The Japanese office also needs a shakeup. You can't let the people who brought us this generation of unmitigated disaster run loose for another five years. I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired in a fat-trimming exercise.
if you want to know where to look check out US sales PS3 vs Xbox monthly for the last 6 months
Link please?

Jintor

You could also do things like stack potions and load up weapons with poisons and other DoTs to let your fight higher level mobs.

Pause-combat potion-chugging is astoudingly stupid. On the other hand, I abuse it like crazy, so woah.

Also, what's with having to recoat a blade in poison on every strike? Goddamnit Bethesda, streamline dat shit

Gazunta

The perpetual motion post?

That post is just.... ugh... I don't even know what to say.

Reminds me of the argument I have every Christmas where my father is convinced that if you plug two electric generators into each other you will get infinite energy from them. As soon as he saves up for the second generator, he tells me, he's going to make a MILLION DOLLARS.

He's going to end up killing himself, isn't he :(

Reminds me of the argument I have every Christmas where my father is convinced that if you plug two electric generators into each other you will get infinite energy from them. As soon as he saves up for the second generator, he tells me, he's going to make a MILLION DOLLARS.

He's going to end up killing himself, isn't he :(

Best case scenario is he wastes a lot of petrol and triggers some generator trips.

Also, how does he plan to plug the generators into each other? How is that supposed to work?

Fuck yes international cricket on our soil again! Tearing them to pieces.

Just had a sad realisation. I pick up my son from day care on Thursdays and was planning on stopping at the pub on the way home and watching it on the big screen with him. Can't do that these days. :(

Go to www.ea.com. Get this:
Pcixf.png

Whoops.
Vasselly! Stop trying to steal those damn assets!

The Japanese office also needs a shakeup. You can't let the people who brought us this generation of unmitigated disaster run loose for another five years. I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired in a fat-trimming exercise.
Looking at the spreadsheets there is no reason to have Ueda on your books. The games haven't sold insane numbers and the timeframes for development don't really work with the budgets getting thrown around. You would hope you could keep him around to have an eye on the dozen or so projects they prototype throughout Sony though.

ZOMG STREET BREAK?!?

Pause-combat potion-chugging is astoudingly stupid. On the other hand, I abuse it like crazy, so woah.
Which is why I actually like the meditation system in The Witcher 2 unlike a lot of people. Means you can actually die at some point and you have to use some strategy.

He brings it up every year just to stir you up. He realised it isn't possible years ago but doesn't want to admit it.

markot

Banned
To be fairly, most nintendo games launch today, so the saturday launch could have thrown em off! Good excuse anyway!

Top Bottom