• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Kritz

Banned
Dungeons and dragons starting soon. We're taking the unofficial hour break, and will be starting at around 7pm.

Shanshan, you said Steam was borked. What's up? Anything we can do?

We will be using mumble for voice chat, and likely will be using RPTools for text chat, so steam isn't super important if we PM you the IP addresses.

EA are already taking away access to your games for no reason already!

This is exactly the reason I'm bailing out the minute we hit full DD future. Publishers being able to yank access to games for little reason with no recourse is a scary thought that should put anyone off.

There's enough games out there that I'm interested in but have yet to play from the last few decades that I could sever myself from modern releases once we reach that point while still being able to enjoy the hobby.

So there is now an empty hole where our bath was and all the walls have been stripped back.
Apparently the builders scoffed at my gf when she asked them to be careful in case of asbestos. Noted for future reference.
Kind of irritating that they have been here from 8am to 6pm and only really stripped the tiny room (like 2.5-3m square at the very most) when at work we have to do a full renovation in an 8 hour day. That's strip everything out, put in the new shower base, put in the new lamipanel and wall tiles, put in the vinyl, put in the shower screen/enclosure, put in the vanity, put all the fittings back on, paint walls/ceiling and clean up. Amateur hour up in here.

I recorded some videos in FRAPS but when I try and convert them to YouTube in Windows Movie Maker it doesn't seem to show the video, only a black screen. Recommendations? Only some 30 second clips that are around half a gig in size.

Scrambled metaphors up in this bitch.
Jeez! The vein on that guy!

This is exactly the reason I'm bailing out the minute we hit full DD future. Publishers being able to yank access to games for little reason with no recourse is a scary thought that should put anyone off.
I would still buy my games like normal and if some stupid bullshit arose I would pirate it back in an instant. If I get barred from my Mass Effect 3 campaign because someone trolls me in a forum post and I don't reply back I would have no issue with jumping onto the closest site and downloading the bullshit free version of the game. At least some publishers aren't being so cuntish about it, every publisher needs to chat to Valve and CD Projekt (hell, even the Swiss government).

I would still buy my games like normal and if some stupid bullshit arose I would pirate it back in an instant.

Sure, there are ways around it, but that doesn't mean a whole lot when they've already got your money. Like I said, there's plenty of other games that I missed in the preceding generations to occupy my time, I'd rather just avoid giving them anything to begin with.

Jintor

ausgaf.gif

Dungeons and dragons starting soon. We're taking the unofficial hour break, and will be starting at around 7pm.

Shanshan, you said Steam was borked. What's up? Anything we can do?

We will be using mumble for voice chat, and likely will be using RPTools for text chat, so steam isn't super important if we PM you the IP addresses.

Nah its okay, I think I'll sit this one out. Its already after 7 >.<

Hmm. Is that just plasterboard or possible asbestos? Wish I paid more attention in school, they probably covered this kind of thing. Well, if a bunch of apprentice builders thinks it's fine it probably is!

2011-12-0517.31.032e75k.jpg

Tonkatsu and Tuna sushi rolls for dinner, so good. Wish we still lived in Geelong and get this any time I wanted.

2011-12-0517.42.10dl7wd.jpg

Little guy loved the rolls. Are you guys sick of my kid yet? Spent the remainder of the dinner waving his hands around above his head trying to dislodge the sushi rice from his fingers. Free entertainment.

Deeku

Well, playasia just shipped my MK7. If I'm lucky I'll get it tomorrow, but most likely I'll get it on Wednesday.

I'll probably mess around with single player first before playing some online with you guys. Need to know my braking points!

midonnay

What suburb you in? Thats some pretty hard luck. It has gotta be someone they know, ex housemate, boyfriend, brother, neighbour etc.

maribyrnong

Not sure if its the same house....but a couple months ago, about 20k worth of jewelry was stolen from the place. (complex of about 10 flats)

first thought was inside job. :/

legend166

Need some advice AusGAF:

A guy from Telstra rang up my Mum today offering the following:

- Our current Foxtel package (Platinum, IQ + Extra Room)
- Phone
- 100GB Telstra Cable
- Free installation and everything.

For $198/month.

We had a look at our bills, and we're paying about $210/220 a month for:

- Foxtel
- 500GB TPG ADSL2+
- Phone

What do you guys reckon? I think 100GB is too low. If I can get him to go to 200GB, I might do it. Maybe get IQ2 thrown in as well >_>

Anyone here have Telstra Cable? What are the speeds like? I get about 6Mbps on my current connection.

Shaneus

Where's the best place to get sushi, rs? I've always disliked the majority of it, but cooked tuna ones are always easy (enough) to eat. And that fish thing, whatever it is, looks kinda tasty as well.

Fake edit: it's pork. There ya go. Still looks orright.

PS. I love okonomiyaki. Don't you?

Tonkatsu (or any -katsu) is super easy to make. Put in some rice in a rice cooker. Flour your meat, dip in beaten egg, dip in panko crumbs and fry. Once done, let it rest, and microwave some golden curry with some water and stir every now and then.

Put rice on a plate, cut the cooked katsu into slices and put on top of the rice. Pour some of the golden curry in the top. Bam. Katsu.

Where's the best place to get sushi, rs?
PS. I love okonomiyaki. Don't you?

In Geelong? Hi Sushi, no contest. The one in between the shopping centres is the original and still the best. The Miso soup tastes fantastic, just the right amount of mushrooms and tofu. The salmon sushi tastes great, nice and cool and I have only been worried once or twice out of hundreds of times that it might not be prepared properly. The Harumaki tastes fresh and healthy. 9 times out of 10 I just get a rice dish as I want a wide meal and the prices are fantastic for full meals. Usually cycle the Toridon, Oyakodon and Katsudon. If we go with a bunch of mates I might grab a 64 piece sushi platter for $26 for the fun gorging.

Also I love omelettes but I always ask for too much stuff in them and end up annoyed that it tastes strange because of my greed. Good for first up in the morning along with some Miso if I am hung over as a dog.

Put rice on a plate, cut the cooked katsu into slices and put on top of the rice. Pour some of the golden curry in the top. Bam. Katsu.
Been mixing up Mirin, Tomato Sauce and Soy Sauce for our topping sauce. So good.

Tell me more.

Its in surfer's paradise right near the main street that opens up onto the beach (I can't remember what its called). Around the corner from Hogs Breath.

Retail2_MosBurger.jpg

I had fun eating there a few days ago, and hearing some bogan girls behind me talk about how cultured they were for eating "sushi burgers". It was significantly less crowded than in the picture :p

TERIYAKI BURGER!!!

tumblr_lu51mheeB51qcutlno1_500.jpg

Shaneus

Holy shit, MOS Burger sounds awesome. If they really do plan on opening up to 300 in Australia, there's gotta be at least ONE that'll be earmarked for Geelong.

If the Okonomi burger really is what I think it is (the pancake, but in burger form) then my body is ready... as is my belt.

Been mixing up Mirin, Tomato Sauce and Soy Sauce for our topping sauce. So good.
Man, you gotta use the Golden Curry. It's easy enough to find that I wouldn't be surprised if you could find it at a supermarket in Warrnambool. Then again, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you couldn't either. Check for Asian aisle though, it's becoming pretty common.

MOS in Australia? I'M IN.

guidop

Had just sat down to eat some dinner thought I'd watch some telly. Nothings on, leave it on SBS Bear Grylls surviving some bs... he is on a raft. Then all of a sudden; Rancid water better give myself an anema. Was no longer hungry

I swear he gets off to some of the shit he subjects himself to.

Deeku

So Golden Curry is good? I've always seen it around and wanted to try it. I want to get some Glico Zeppin curry because I always see ads for it when watching J-baseball, but I can't seem to find any locally.

So Golden Curry is good? I've always seen it around and wanted to try it. I want to get some Glico Zeppin curry because I always see ads for it when watching J-baseball, but I can't seem to find any locally.

It's guilty pleasure type stuff. Oily, fatty, gooey, delicious. I'm sure it's nowhere near as good as if you made it yourself, but it's hard to beat something that you just microwave in some water.

If you've ever had the chicken katsu at Wagamama, it's pretty much that sauce.

It's guilty pleasure type stuff. Oily, fatty, gooey, delicious. I'm sure it's nowhere near as good as if you made it yourself, but it's hard to beat something that you just microwave in some water.

OG Mi Goreng from Safeway is the kind of disgusting guilty pleasure food. So easy, so insanely cheap yet oh so satisfying. Also DAT 3 SAUCE MIXTURE. The gods handed that shit down to us for our enjoyment.

Deeku

Oh so it's just powder plus water? Hmmm, might pass then.

If you've ever had the chicken katsu at Wagamama, it's pretty much that sauce.
:eek:

Ok scratch that, I'm in!

Oh so it's just powder plus water? Hmmm, might pass then.

:eek:

Ok scratch that, I'm in!
It's not powder. It's hard to explain, but it's blocks of stuff that looks like chocolate.

Reptile, Mi Goreng is indeed awesome. That and Nong Shim Shin Ramyun with thinly sliced beef.

... Damn the HP TouchPads are a pain to type on.

I'm trying to think of a bogan free suburb.

Coolangatta was pretty bad this morning.
I was at Coolangatta yesterday and asked my friends if the beach had always been so boganized. There seemed to be a vastly higher number of bogans than there were surfers and swimmers.

Or is it that the surfers have just crossbred with bogans and found that they were a recessive gene?

Shaneus

While we're on food which is far, far too bad for you, I'm still getting stuck into Coles brand instant mashed potatoes while I still have a sore mouth (wisdom tooth extraction) as an excuse for eating shit food. Mix some of that up, add a shitload of butter and a hefty shake of bacon salt and you're rockin' with the best. Roy Scheider's potato mountain ain't got nothing on the amount I've consumed over the last few days.

Oh, another forum I visit had a thread started that was dedicated to kritz.net. I shit you not.

Top Bottom