• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

giri

Police dude says four out of five children will experience something "inappropriate" on the internet.

Courier Mail spins it as "four out of five children targeted by paedophiles".

Fucking absurd paper.

1. You change avatars far too often.
2. It depends what you call grooming for sex. If you consider someone asking them (not nice language inside)
if their spare hand is currently up their mothers twat because you can't possibly be using both hands and be that bad,
grooming, then............

Fogz

Bah, listening to them talk about Minecraft on Weekend Confirmed and now I want to play Minecraft.

Damn you Jeff Cannata!

Choc

Banned
There is only so much alex navarro i can take, seriously dude, you ruined last weeks bombcast

it was ok for half of it ;_;

but his snidey bullshit gets on your nerves after a while

Fogz

There is only so much alex navarro i can take, seriously dude, you ruined last weeks bombcast

Totally! And he's always saying that there's that, and calling something a thing

Kritz

Banned
Bah, listening to them talk about Minecraft on Weekend Confirmed and now I want to play Minecraft.

Damn you Jeff Cannata!

I have a weekend minecraft lan planned with some friends. Intentionally not playing any so I don't fatigue myself.

ALSO, TO UNEMPLOYED AUSGAF:

Aon, Banana and myself are planning a D&D 4E game tonight. Nobody actually knows how to play. We will be using mumble and RPTools / MapTools / Googledocs to run everything. If you have ever wanted to play some D&D, but haven't had the chance, and feel like giving it a go, we'll totally throw you in our party.

Again, nobody really knows how to play. There will be lots of rulebooking. We are creating characters at 5pm, breaking at 6, and then starting the campaign at 7. Jump on the AusGAF Steam Chat if you're interested and we'll give you links to the stuff you need to download.

Depending on how well this goes, it may become a regular thing. I think we might have at least one or two people on the fence about playing, and we'll probably cap the player count at around 6 people (not that we'll ever reach that number).

Aon is DMing. We are running a pre-made Wizards of the Coast campaign. We're estimating it'll take 3-4 hours.

That is all.

jambo

Aon, Banana and myself are planning a D&D 4E game tonight. Nobody actually knows how to play. We will be using mumble and RPTools / MapTools / Googledocs to run everything. If you have ever wanted to play some D&D, but haven't had the chance, and feel like giving it a go, we'll totally throw you in our party.

Dammit, always when I have something on =[

Jintor

Urrrrgh

fuck you kritz, i'll probably be packing tonight

BUT

i'm coming anyway you sons of bitches, what do I need to do

ALSO

Shit is leaking about Avatar: Legend of Korra and I AM FUCKING HYPE. I am SO FUCKING HYPE. Oh my god. I love Avatar: The Last Airbender so, so much.

markot

Banned
Urrrrgh

BUT

ALSO

Shit is leaking about Avatar: Legend of Korra and I AM FUCKING HYPE. I am SO FUCKING HYPE. Oh my god. I love Avatar: The Last Airbender so, so much.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Oooh, D&D sounds fun. Will depend on whether or not skyrim arrives today though.

Police dude says four out of five children will experience something "inappropriate" on the internet.

Courier Mail spins it as "four out of five children targeted by paedophiles".

Fucking absurd paper.

I wouldn't call the courier mail a newspaper :p

Anyone been reading the Australian lately? Letters to the editor is hilarious. Lots of people writing in to complain that gay marriage is going to ruin his relationship with his wife.

+1

He is so ridiculously negative, I tried listening to the screened podcast a few times but just couldn't take it.

guidop

Anyone been reading the Australian lately? Letters to the editor is hilarious. Lots of people writing in to complain that gay marriage is going to ruin his relationship with his wife.

You got to be stuck in a pretty impressive closet for that to the case. They have got to be left wing trolls, no?

You got to be stuck in a pretty impressive closet for that to the case. They have got to be left wing trolls, no?

You know what, I'm just going to pretend that the Australian itself is a troll newspaper. Its the only way I can feel okay about living in this country..

Kritz

Banned
Urrrrgh

BUT

1. Join ausgaf chat
2. download this fucking thing
3. download this fucking thing (will give IP address out in steam chat)
4. I will give you a link to the google docs page where we're keeping character sheets
5. "aquire" a 4th edition player's handbook.

We're all genning new characters. It's probably not super critical to go into lots of details. The important bit is generating base stats (str, cons, wis, int, etc) and shit. So far I'm playing a Dwarven Cleric, Banana is playing a [something] Mage. We probably need a fighter, maybe a ranger / rouge, and anything else from there can help.

So far the player count is:
GM: Aon
Players:
Kritz
Banana
Rahk (maybe)
Don (maybe not?)
Jintor (maybe)
Shanshan (maybe)

Anything over 6, I think, will be a bit of a mess.

I may or may not record the entire session's audio.

---

Avatar: Korra WILL BE FUCKIN' AMAZIN'. Please don't be until 2013. :(

Jintor

By the way kritz I've had three journos email me about my short appearance in your limbo review, i can't imagine why

Agyar

Oooh, D&D sounds fun. Will depend on whether or not skyrim arrives today though.

I wouldn't call the courier mail a newspaper :p

I wouldn't call The Oz a newspaper either.

Rahk

That's right. I get home at like 5:40, not 5ish. Oops.

Well, I'll be on around then if there's still a free spot and I don't miss out on anything kritical.

I'll probably go rogue.

guidop

You know what, I'm just going to pretend that the Australian itself is a troll newspaper. Its the only way I can feel okay about living in this country..

Meh if will eventually be sold no way news corp keeps it around once rupert is gone it is just going to continue to lose money

Shaneus

<3

You just made my Monday morning!
:)

Awesome, right? I'd completely forgotten about that song. Most old Aussie tracks, even the oft-forgotten ones, still come up somehow. Southern Sons, Craig MacLachlan (with Check 1-2), those sort of groups... but usually not 1927 and CERTAINLY not You'll Never Know.

Did that ever come out here?

I saw a job opening for designers and producers for Bally the other day. I got excited until I saw it was for Sydney and it was their pokie machine division.

And yeah, AusGAF.com would be a no-no.
It only came out very recently in PAL-land for both 360 and PS3, but whether that was here or just in the UK, I don't know. I imported it for (in fact, it was one of the main reasons I bought a) PS3 a year or two ago. Would get it for 360 though if I knew a few people who had it.

Bloody hate what's happened to the pinball industry. Stern just churn out horrid, shitty licensed games while 15 years ago Williams, Bally and co. could create the most exciting, fun game from something as inane as a road construction company (Road Show) or white-water rafting (White Water).

Deeku

Took my 3ds out with me for the first time today while going glasses shopping. Got home and got super excited when I see the spotpass notification light. Launch mii plaza and I get:

"Hi, I'm EBGames from Australia, and I've been playing Super Mario 3D Land (Demo)"

:(

Choc

Banned
Took my 3ds out with me for the first time today while going glasses shopping. Got home and got super excited when I see the spotpass notification light. Launch mii plaza and I get:

"Hi, I'm EBGames from Australia, and I've been playing Super Mario 3D Land (Demo)"

:(

i get about 20 a week walking about

jambo

I only have about 30-40 on mine, I never remember to take it with me when I go near malls or shopping areas.

Some people from New York were posting in the 3DS thread that they had thousands of StreetPass hits =\

Jintor

Toby has been doing work all over the place freelance for a few years, if that helps connect the dots :)

Oh right, i must've subbed some of his articles in Hyper over the last few months. That's where I know the name from!

*peers*

So who are youuuuuuuu?

leca

Oh right, i must've subbed some of his articles in Hyper over the last few months. That's where I know the name from!

Hehehe! I'd recommend you open the latest issue of Hyper (Mario cover, 99% sure) and turn to the "What are we playing" or similar titled page. BAM Toby's face.

So who are youuuuuuuu?

I'm Cas from games.on.net, just trawl ausgaf in the evenings and randomly post when it comes to telling that jambo guy how he is wrong.

Your wrong jambo.

legend166

This perhaps?

Lovely closing line

=\

I really don't agree with this statement:

VIDEO games are here to stay. As the newest form of mainstream entertainment, games have finally achieved the level of acceptance film has been afforded for years.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...ere-to-stay-20111202-1o9v2.html#ixzz1fdkyvXx2

I agree video games are here to stay, obviously. But I feel like people who think they have gained cultural acceptance akin to film spend too much time on video game message boards. Video games don't have that breadth of demographic appeal yet like film. Long way to go yet.

Top Bottom