• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

Even with the game played as per the written rules, there is always the chance that the game will never end. I think the probability has been calculated at something around 12%.

Jeez. Last few times I've played it (a while ago now) I think we just had to call it as it was getting too long in the tooth and no one looked like winning. Maybe one person got knocked out and that was it?

markot

Banned
Except she offered an alteration to the contract to which they both agreed to, he has the email and the letter, she cant go back on it now >.<!

Fredescu

Except she offered an alteration to the contract to which they both agreed to, he has the email and the letter, she cant go back on it now >.<!
The contract is between the owner and the tenant. The agent is just the middle man. She doesn't appear to have altered the contract at all, and couldn't without the owners permission, which it's obvious now that he hadn't granted.

Reminds me, my brother has been eating food and hiding it around the house so no one would know he was snacking (icecream behind the tv, orange juice under the bed). Anyway, one day he's up late and something fuzzy brushes his leg. He thinks its the dog, and then realises its not. Turns out rats started living in his room. I thought it was pretty funny.

how old is he. we have mouses outside the house and in the walls and whatnot along with possums so what ever. but then one day the window was open and a mouse ate through the flyscreen. he didnt make it all the way in or if he did he found nothign and left but that leaves me with the question. how do i replace a flyscreen.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeh we'll just shack up and put the money we're saving per week for rent in a jar so we can buy stuff when we move.

Also that has anyone had any dealings with gangsters thread in the OT is cray.

Danoss

Jeez. Last few times I've played it (a while ago now) I think we just had to call it as it was getting too long in the tooth and no one looked like winning. Maybe one person got knocked out and that was it?

It does get ridiculously long. The $200 a lap just keeps pumping money into the game, prolonging it even more.

Want a strategic game where you can crush other people and become the victor by smart buying decisions and clever money/resource management? Play Power Grid.

Clipper

One more reminder while we're on the topic of board games... Upcoming SydGAF board gaming days are on this coming Sunday, the 15th and then the next day is the 6th of May. If you wish to attend either date, let me know and I'll give you the details.

Yeh we'll just shack up and put the money we're saving per week for rent in a jar so we can buy stuff when we move.

Also that has anyone had any dealings with gangsters thread in the OT is cray.

i look forward to tomorrow, i shall report back with just how crazy that is after seeing the size of your place. i do like the idea of saving money and buyign cool things to spruce up the new place

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i look forward to tomorrow, i shall report back with just how crazy that is after seeing the size of your place. i do like the idea of saving money and buyign cool things to spruce up the new place

I have a friend visiting the same weekend my friend moves here too.. so imagine 3 of us in here..

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What I picked up today. They weigh a ton and I don't know if I will actually read them D:

e2f07.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I just did open one.

Anyway I can keep these protected and in good condition as they sit somewhere since I don't actually have a shelf?

Shaneus

So, did I tell you guyz I finally scored Brutal Legend? No thanks to any of you lazy bastards. I also played a Vita at a kiosk at DSE. It's a kickarse system for sure, but feels far too much like a handheld PS3 rather than something that's been tailor-made for portability. Kind of like a Nomad, I guess.

Probably makes it more likely that it'll dive in price sooner rather than later which means more Lumines and Wipeout 1995 for me!

Crucial M4 SSD update. It doesn't add too much as it seems to be aimed at enterprise use, But hey it's an update!

http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx?AID=10273954&PID=3332167&SID=u00000626
I don't need one, but god damn I WANT one.

Currently my 64gb Vertex 2 is strictly OS plus necessary apps, something bigger would allow me to whack a few games on there, too.

Also, I think I'm going to buy Alan Wake from OGS tonight. Dat CE.

Oh guys... there may be no Archer, but there's NEW EAGLEHEART~~~!!!!1111~~111~swinton

Thanks re:mice everyone... Will bring it up with the landlord.

Trying to put this baby up on my wall without it being crooked:

SazT4.jpg

120x90cm

People on whirlpool are getting G27 Steering wheels for 20bucks each from Dick Smith, these things typically retail for 300 to $500
Tried my luck, just the 30% off the usual $500 RRP. The PS3 wheels by themselves were still $10.

Hmm. Time to prepare the capital expenditure request.
Play it off as a Personal Training expense. What would happen if that dick Jesus came back tomorrow and the rapture started? Need to know how to protect your family yo. In FACT, it would be detrimental to your child's safety if you didn't take 2 weeks annual leave and train yourself to defend your brood!

Harvey Norman delivery arrived. My Assassin's Creed is a UK imported version with a blu-ray dvd case instead of the regular clear PS3 case.
Should have done a pickup order. They were a day behind in realising the deal but I got to grab a copy off the racks and no waiting for monkeys in a warehouse to find the right lever to find the AssCree chute.

I'd personally never preorder with CD Wow or whatever they're calling themselves these days.
I have barely touched them in the past 2 years, since 365games started up. They did a coupon thing at my pizza shop, $5 off your first order that got me onto them. My first order was Fallout 3 on PC and it never arrived lol. They sent out another copy though and I never had a problem since. Prices are rarely worth looking at compared to the UK spots.

Is $220 shipped for a Logitech G27 any good? I know some threadmen were interested http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=48145
I think Shaneus picked up 2 for $120-80? Fuzzy memory here. I think that was at DSE too? SHANEUS WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR WHEELS FROM?

So, did I tell you guyz I finally scored Brutal Legend? No thanks to any of you lazy bastards.
sassyh8u3g.png

I was going to pick up a copy for you tonight if you needed one! And even drop it to your door step next weekend. Ass.

Fredescu

Play it off as a Personal Training expense. What would happen if that dick Jesus came back tomorrow and the rapture started? Need to know how to protect your family yo. In FACT, it would be detrimental to your child's safety if you didn't take 2 weeks annual leave and train yourself to defend your brood!
"But wasn't that the reason you used to pay $10 for that half finished free to play game?"

*shuffles feet*

Rahk

Likewise. Got in on the beta action awhile back, and then *boom*, three or four weeks of work hell, and almost zero gaming (and AusGAF) time*. I miss you guys.

So AusGAF, are you guys like all kick-arse DOTA2 exponents by now, or can noobs like me and wonzo still get involved without raising the ire of the die-hard elite?
Should be fine for you to join. A few of us are still fairly new and AusGAF 5v5 can be fun. We tend to play spontaneously so it would probably be best to join Steam chat if you want to play.

Deeku

Hey that Darksiders game (the zelda clone right?) is like 12 bucks or something on psn. Worth playing? Is it very long?

Shaneus

I think Shaneus picked up 2 for $120-80? Fuzzy memory here. I think that was at DSE too? SHANEUS WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR WHEELS FROM?
I scored mine from DSE a little while back when they were $140. I'd still probably get them at around two-hundo as they're really fucking awesome... but I suspect they may be getting phased out in the next 6-12 months as prices seem to be dropping in a few places. I think even JB were selling them at just over $200?

Anyway, well worth getting if you like your driving games. Crap all over the DFGT (which I'm selling BTW, if anyone's interested! They're totally awesome and crap all over the G27).

sassyh8u3g.png

I was going to pick up a copy for you tonight if you needed one! And even drop it to your door step next weekend. Ass.
Eh, it was just to get you to quote me because it feels like ages since you have.

Totally worked.

BTW What cartoon is that? Awesome? I need more kiddy w/adult undertones cartoons. Currently, there are none... at least, until I find a torrent again of Samurai Pizza Cats.

Shaneus, What was in that once upon a monster pack? Is it awesome? Do I need to buy one?
Fuck, I haven't even cracked it yet if you wanted it back. Seriously... if you wanted one, it's yours (unless you're only asking because there's a place that still has them). I haven't opened it, but anyway this post has been made completely redundant by reptiles stupid informative post. Way to go, douche.

Hey that Darksiders game (the zelda clone right?) is like 12 bucks or something on psn. Worth playing? Is it very long?
I liked it. So much that I am looking forward to the sequel coming out this year.

Eh, it was just to get you to quote me because it feels like ages since you have.

Totally worked.

Way to go, douche.
XhusH.gif

You just gotta act like a damn drama queen hey?

Isn't that Mojo Jojo from Powerpuff Girls?
anybody-remember-073-200x200.jpg

Shaneus

You just gotta act like a damn drama queen hey?
;)

Well, if I don't provide the drama here, who will?

Oh BTW, have you watched Eagleheart yet/at all? Thinking about it now, it has a very similar vibe to Archer, but it stars Chris Elliott and is live-action. It's seriously fucking awesome.

I hope everyone has read this amazing write-up by the amazing Michael Abrash about his time at Valve because he makes a lot of points that developers and publishers really need to take note of if they want to survive the next decade.

Also 10% off BookDepository.

Oh BTW, have you watched Eagleheart yet/at all? Thinking about it now, it has a very similar vibe to Archer, but it stars Chris Elliott and is live-action. It's seriously fucking awesome.
Douche.

That seems like it would be of interest to me. Much more than the Andre Nosedick Adult Swim show, which was terrible. I have come to appreciate Chris Elliott much more over the years. Plus it actually got a second season!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom