• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Also shaneus, how great was the Chinese gp.
Oh man. Oh man, oh man, oh man. Insanely entertaining stuff! Especially great now that I have my viewing habits fully sorted so I can avoid 10/One as much as possible. Signed up for a (probably illegal) streaming site (have toupee, but whatever) which gives me access to Sky at a decent res. Also have the BBC iPlayer thing to let me watch the BBC broadcast when available. And finally, a VPN with UK access so I can watch F1 Forum at the end of it all (again, providing BBC are broadcasting).

Combined with my Steam-comfycouch-ready setup of extended HDMI cable and extended USB soundcard with optical adapter for my HT setup, I have the best viewing experience possible short of actually being in the UK with a Sky subscription. Oh, and the official F1 app as well for timing and live updates.

Danoss

I saw that yesterday, and Tweeted that I'd love to see it happen just so I could see Gerry Harvey's reaction.

And I would.

That would be the best. Just as he's realising online is an option, a decade too late.

Yes, I've heard Amazon's working conditions in the US aren't the greatest, but they wouldn't be able to get away with any of that crap over here.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
fuuuuuuuu i need to get paid toDAY to jump on that Vita deal

Why not wait for the inevitable price drop of fail boat handheld? It's bound to happen soon, Maybe at E3 I would guess.

When do you get paid?

Also, I totally need a job at amazon warehouse. Oh wait a minute....

Jintor

Why not wait for the inevitable price drop of fail boat handheld? It's bound to happen soon, Maybe at E3 I would guess.

When do you get paid?

Also, I totally need a job at amazon warehouse. Oh wait a minute....

Today, supposedly.

I paid like $300 for a 3DS at launch and don't regret it. I would probably kind of regret a Vita at $250, but it's easier to bear with Lumines.

Just you, Shan. In both senses.

New Michie building is mostly pretty killer.
Sure is. I had a class in there that got moved a few weeks back. There were at least 5 TVs in that tiny room, but no tables. Only chairs. I have to ask how well uq is spending that money...

Jintor

I'm up for it I guess.

I don't know that I really enjoy it though, it strikes me as something I need to devote some time to build orders and shit before I can figure it out enough to play without following an FAQ or Marsh's voice in my ear. Fighting games I can digest in easy chunks, but this seems halfway incomprehensible.

Like, I enjoy playing it, but you can't sit and examine your options mid-game, and matches aren't fast enough to let me just try and fail like I do in Mahvel.

Today, supposedly.

I paid like $300 for a 3DS at launch and don't regret it. I would probably kind of regret a Vita at $250, but it's easier to bear with Lumines.

Isn't the Vita getting a bunch of those romance games too? Some cool looking Japanese stuff coming, Gravity Daze would be awesome too!

Rezbit

I'm up for it I guess.

I don't know that I really enjoy it though, it strikes me as something I need to devote some time to build orders and shit before I can figure it out enough to play without following an FAQ or Marsh's voice in my ear. Fighting games I can digest in easy chunks, but this seems halfway incomprehensible.

Like, I enjoy playing it, but you can't sit and examine your options mid-game, and matches aren't fast enough to let me just try and fail like I do in Mahvel.

I got called a vagina by my team mates last night, so that's something.

Fredescu

What's this I'm hearing about free hugs?
That's just to get you in the thread so we can start tempting you with microtransactions.

$0.50 evlcookie females on public transport observations
$0.75 codswallop foodie recommendations
$0.25 reptilescorpio quotes you in a mega quote post
$1.50 Fredescu indirect insult
$1.00 Choc Rage [temporarily unavailable]

Jintor

No idea.

Am editing a paper* about astro-turfing and viral recruitment advertising. It is just the most vile thing.

*Not critical or documentative. Almost celebratory, in fact.

Can you just throw up all over it and hand it back?

That's just to get you in the thread so we can start tempting you with microtransactions.

$0.50 evlcookie females on public transport observations
$0.75 codswallop foodie recommendations
$0.25 reptilescorpio quotes you in a mega quote post
$1.50 Fredescu indirect insult
$1.00 Choc Rage [temporarily unavailable]

We should play AusGAF bingo

>_< of course Zavvi have a big 2 For £25 sale when I have $2.73 in my bank account.

Tons of great deals there, including Anno 2070, Resistance 3/GofW3/Heavy Rain, Rayman Origins, Army Corps of Hell (PSVita), Ridge Racer (PSVita), The Witcher 2 EE PC, etc etc!

EDIT: Sounds good to me Fred! I can pay for this damn wedding one quarter at a time!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't think I've mentioned girls in here for a little while. No money is being made here.

That's still $40 for 2 games. Too much.

markot

Banned
Cant believe how popular the 'we would have won vietnam if the politicians let us!' thing is.

Marketting is the worst thing ever. I mean what was Hitler but a genius marketter and brand?!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I hope someone turns up to sals talk and at the end, shouts out that he is wrong because he likes kpop. Then walks out.

Everyone is jumping on this vita deal. I'm confident i'm not missing out on much aside from a shiny new device that I will never use.

Deeku

I hope someone turns up to sals talk and at the end, shouts out that he is wrong because he likes kpop. Then walks out.
Let me know who wants to do this, I will pay for your plane ticket.

I will, however, not be responsible for the medical bills after Sal beats you up!

Clipper

So I haven't mentioned this again in a while, but does anybody want any of the spare 3DS screen-propping adhesive rubber feet that I have? I'll give you 6 feet for $1.70 shipped by standard Aussie post. Payment by Paypal.

feet2.jpg

Aon is the proud owner of a set and he seems pretty happy with them.

Well at least you're eager for now, lol. You shouldn't have many problems finding work being a male primary teacher, if you're remotely competent.

Oh shite... ;)

I think the Central Coast is fairly hard, but I wouldn't mind just doing casual work for a while anyway. Would rather get out there and experience different schools/classes, at least in the beginning.

Jintor

So I haven't mentioned this again in a while, but does anybody want any of the spare 3DS screen-propping adhesive rubber feet that I have? I'll give you 6 feet for $1.70 shipped by standard Aussie post. Payment by Paypal.

feet2.jpg

I forgot to send you money for dat :|

Will deal with it tonight!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

feet2.jpg

i'm keen, will hassle you on steam tonight :)

Clipper

SydGAF (and not just board gamers this time), we're thinking of transitioning a board game day into a full SydGAF meetup in the evening. Essentially, there'd be board games at my place until evening, when we'd all catch a bus to the city to meet with others for a meetup like the first SydGAF. We do need to gauge interest on the idea to see if this is feasible and stuff. Hence this post.

The earliest we could do this is on Sunday May 6th, so please indicate your interest of whether you are interested in the board games, meetup or both so we can see if we have enough numbers. Even if you can't make that Sunday, let us know if you'd be interested to do it on another night (it would have to be either a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday).

I'm definitely up for doing both events on the 6th, or any other valid day. What say the rest of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom