• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Big surprise, Zavvi order has not been cancelled, despite not being billed yet. Fair enough on it not being cancelled for the "awaiting dispatch" one, but on the other that's still awaiting picking? Dodgy bastards.

trinest

You know, most of the time I'm prepared to cut most online stores a little slack. Even Zavvi. But in this instance, I'm about to crack some skulls:
ZPyBr.png

Note the order date and expected delivery date. For reference, it's now the 21st of April. 20th (probably) in the UK and I just received an email saying the Edgar Wright box set STILL hasn't been shipped. I expect another mentioning the Film Noir set any minute now...

I've had some stuff which I knew would take some time, be shipped much eailer. As well as others taking much longer.

Just luck of the draw.

m.neogaf.com is live! New newness!

F-cking store I bought the locked unlocked phone from. Went back, he unlocked the phone. Went home, flashed latest update, phone locked again! FFFFFFF. Went back, he unlocked AGAIN. Demanded unlock code. Not buying from them again (have bought 4 from them over the years as well as some other bits and pieces, this was the only problem I've had... but still).

You know, most of the time I'm prepared to cut most online stores a little slack. Even Zavvi. But in this instance, I'm about to crack some skulls:
ZPyBr.png

Note the order date and expected delivery date. For reference, it's now the 21st of April. 20th (probably) in the UK and I just received an email saying the Edgar Wright box set STILL hasn't been shipped. I expect another mentioning the Film Noir set any minute now...
yep that is terribly slow, never been that long before picking for me.

In other news I'm in Geelong hoping to grab a beer before being burnt to a crisp crossing the precipice of Gods church.

Don't be worried. I've been allowed to pass through God's house twice this year without any ill effects. I fear God has had to lower His standards somewhat, lately.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So Diablo 3, that's a game thing.

Did I like it? Interesting question I just asked myself. Yes and No. It honestly reminded me of WoW in that it seemed like a giant mind numbing pointless bit of running around killing shit for purples with no real purpose. At times that can be awesome, If you just want to switch off and press 3 buttons (the game is honestly easy and aside from left/right click abilities everything else, on the monk at least, was pointless) then it's great.

Co-Op seemed easy enough. Drop in and out style of play, As long as they are on your friends list. I don't know how scaling worked since everyone (Holy, myself and arnie although only for a short time) started at around level 1 / 2. I'm guessing dropping in as a level 1 into a game of level 7 heroes could be pointless.

Ping was around 190ms which isn't too bad. I think that's better than WoW? I honestly can't remember. I didn't really notice any lag except the occasional bits here and there, For the most part it was solid.

Playing this has made me not want to buy Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2. I think they might just be a bit too pointless for me these days, Which is a frighting thing to say considering I enjoy pointless and boring games.

I will check out another one or two classes since it's a free beta weekend. Maybe the game will click by then.

hamchan

New Super Mario Bros 2 is a megaton kinda, for some people I guess.

Also Mos Burger should have opened in Sydney damn it. Pretty sure we have the most Asians here, and Asians love their Mos Burger.

senahorse

The area around Sunnybank is quite a large asian community, so no surprise there. Besides, who says you had to be asian to enjoy asian food.

edit:

Asian influence on culture
In the early 1980s, an increasing number of Asian immigrants began to settle in Sunnybank and neighbouring suburbs. When this happened the look of the area changed, especially in the outlying business district of Sunnybank at the intersection of Mains Road and McCullough Street, where Asian restaurants and businesses are numerous.
Sunnybank is today a thriving multicultural suburb, with strong Asian influences in design, food and culture. Many of the suburb's shops and businesses are owned and run by Asian people, with most business signs written in Chinese and a small subscript of English. The suburb has affectionately been called "The Second China Town" by the locals.

Agyar

They have rice squares instead of bread! With okonomiyaki, beef+ kimchi etc inside.

I will eat there everyday for you. In the meantime, everyone come up to Brisbane!

There was a place in Toowong that made those type of rice burgers like five years ago but I think it's closed now. It wasn't very good and I didn't turn Japanese from eating it.

So Diablo 3, that's a game thing.
Your impressions are pretty much what I thought after playing through the beta with a mate a while back.

Seems like it's exactly the same as II but with the addition of a Blizzard slot machine. Fans of II will be pleased but I was over it 30 mins into the beta.

Shaneus

yep that is terribly slow, never been that long before picking for me.

In other news I'm in Geelong hoping to grab a beer before being burnt to a crisp crossing the precipice of Gods church.
Aw man, I had no idea! I've just bought a different brand of cider to try, too!
Zx3fT.jpg

(All arty up in this bitch)
(Actually, I was trying to take a photo of the wall and the bottle got in the way :/)

Shaneus

Flying Brick Draught Cider! Seriously! If you see it, grab it straight away.
Shit man, that's the winery where my sister had her wedding reception! Really nice place.

When I start running low I might phone 'em up and check on prices, grab a slab. Are there any bars/bottle-o's that sell them in the city that you know of?

Edit: My mistake. The second Google result was this which lead me to believe that's where it came from. But I think it's actually more closely associated with Leura Park Estate.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Your impressions are pretty much what I thought after playing through the beta with a mate a while back.

Seems like it's exactly the same as II but with the addition of a Blizzard slot machine. Fans of II will be pleased but I was over it 30 mins into the beta.

I'm sorta coming around to it. It really is just mindless loot whoring which can be fun if you're in the mood for it. Not a huge fan of it being online and all that shit. Torchlight 2 should be better in that regard.

Dead Man

So ummm... LegoAusGAF... anyone splurged on this one yet?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WLW3W0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

51sMm9o5bKL.jpg

61isLMAqblL.jpg

This is the ultimate Millennium Falcon. The most important and most iconic model within the Star Wars universe.
This BIG stable model measures (in inches): 33.1 (L) x 22.2 ( W) x 8.3 (H)
Special features include a retractable boarding ramp. The cockpit top can be removed to access mini-figures
The model can also be lifted in the black technic beams when gun turret is off
This is it the biggest LEGO Star Wars model ever made - 5195 pieces

Jintor

Got my media server working alright, but Flex for PS3 doesn't support subtitles yet so no glorious nippon animations for me right now.

Shaneus

So. That cider. Not great, but not shit. Bit too tart for my liking, but when there's 0.5% more alcohol in it than Monteith's and almost $20 cheaper, I ain't complaining.

How are you doing it all?

Also - OUCH MSY
Yeah, gotta say that while their prices are decent, you have to buy from there with a view that after-sales support will be pretty painful. My brother had a bit of a hassle in dealing with them (which might have been due to the Asus service centre... I dunno) that took ages to get sorted.

Jintor

This thingy, Plex. The beta server connects to the PS3 and 360 so you can use that thingy; just point the server at your folders and go. I have a bit of a problem with file types and scraping and stuff right now and I'm just running it shoe-strong off my main-PC, but I figure I'll put the effort into a proper media server when I get the home theatre system up and running properly.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This thingy, Plex. The beta server connects to the PS3 and 360 so you can use that thingy; just point the server at your folders and go. I have a bit of a problem with file types and scraping and stuff right now and I'm just running it shoe-strong off my main-PC, but I figure I'll put the effort into a proper media server when I get the home theatre system up and running properly.

Yea plex is fine. There could be a setting somewhere to actually enable subtitles but it also could just be the PS3 that's unable to support whatever subtitle type you have for that media file.

Are the subs external or within the file itself ?

When I start running low I might phone 'em up and check on prices, grab a slab. Are there any bars/bottle-o's that sell them in the city that you know of?
No idea. The only place I've seen it was at the Fed Square showcase and it was like this whispered little secret going round the whole place. I'm sure it'll be at good bottle shops. Maybe Dan Murphy too.

Shaneus

No idea. The only place I've seen it was at the Fed Square showcase and it was like this whispered little secret going round the whole place. I'm sure it'll be at good bottle shops. Maybe Dan Murphy too.
Sadly, definitely not at DM's. And apparently they're around $8 each for the 330mL and up to around $90 for a 24 pack. Exxy, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye out. Thankfully, a good mate of mine manages the bar at a pub and is going to try and get them ordered in :)

Choc

Banned
i purchased kid icarus

also

TWO One Direction stars were caught in a sex disease scare last night after being peed on during a wild trip Down Under — by a KOALA.
Boyband singers Liam Payne and Harry Styles fear they may have picked up chlamydia after visiting a sanctuary in Brisbane.

Danoss

Glad that Under 20's State of Origin is getting a bit more attention. It's live 7:30pm on Fox Sports 2 if anyone's interested.

I wish all Under 20's (Toyota Cup) games were televised every week as I think they're definitely worth watching. I love seeing the up-and-coming young players develop, and you can really identify the stand-out talents that have a great shot at making it in the NRL.

One thing I really like about what Toyota Cup does is one of the conditions of playing in it. You must either have a job or be undertaking some sort of study. That's great, so that players know they're not guaranteed a career in the NRL, and even if they make the transition, they need to be prepared for life afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom