• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
DOTA2.jpg

Okay so, would everyone be up for the first round on saturday?

7pm

Velociraptors vs. Triceratops
Stegosaurus vs. T-Rex.

If you want a better team name you can discuss it in mumble during the game.
oh snqap. was i picked last

At the moment, the interested parties are Codswallop, Clipper, Rahk, Donc, and you. That's enough to get a game started. I don't want to bring anyone in who has a history of not being able to attend, particularly at the last minute. It's not fair on everyone else, especially if a multi-session game happens and it leaves the other players hanging. I'm not picking on anyone, but I'm sure everyone would agree.
Yeah, I'm in if it's one to two times a month, or a one-shot to test the waters. Although once a month sounds like a long time between sessions, when you get old time moves so fast it's there before you know it!

A Monday or Thursday evening is probably best for me. I have a history of half-committing to things and then never following through, so let's see where things head.

Has anyone used Google Hangouts? I think it could be a good fit for this kind of thing since it gives a feeling of everyone being in the same place. With the 'Extras' version of Hangouts you can even do screen sharing so that could come in handy.

Rahk

DOTA2.jpg

Okay so, would everyone be up for the first round on saturday?

7pm

Velociraptors vs. Triceratops
Stegosaurus vs. T-Rex.

If you want a better team name you can discuss it in mumble during the game.
I should be around.

Perhaps Wonzo should be on Marsh's team since Ridonk has no mic and the pinging will probably just confuse him?

Jintor

It turns out that playing like hours and hours of Kinect Sports is roughly equivalent to intense rock-climbing sessions but without any requisite benefit.

At this point,

Fuck STALKER 2.

Quit your bitching. Same team, same idea, just with a new name with additional online abilities. Whole game can be played offline solo.

Seems like the IP rights holders tried to fuck them around and they eventually found a way to use the work they had done without infringing enough to get sued.

I'm still fucking salty that Human Head won't be finishing Prey 2 at this rate. Will end up at Rebellion again <_>

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bethesda now owns the stalker IP.

It seems like the original team, aside from the owner or main guy? Is now behind the new f2p mmo while i assume bethesda will try and make something out of now owning the IP.

I wonder if human head will get thrown onto the IP? If you can make this work, then you can have your prey 2 or whatever you want to call it back for next gen.

Bethesda now owns the stalker IP.

It seems like the original team, aside from the owner or main guy? Is now behind the new f2p mmo while i assume bethesda will try and make something out of now owning the IP.

I wonder if human head will get thrown onto the IP? If you can make this work, then you can have your prey 2 or whatever you want to call it back for next gen.

Bethesda seem to have a habit of drawing up untenable contracts for outside developers. No one has anything good to say about them, aside from studios that are wholly owned by them. Maybe the IP owner got a great offer from Bethesda but ultimately meant screwing over GSC, which in turn left GSC looking at releasing a project that wouldn't make them any money.

Also I'm not sure how willing Human Head would be to work with Bethesda again, especially since they have discussions for their next project going well apparently.

senahorse

Cookie, I will ask this of you as you seem to be up to speed with it all.

Ivy Bridge will use socket 1155?

Do you know what Intel's roadmap for the socket is? Or better still, do you know if Intel have indicated a socket change in the near (next year or so) future?

I ask this as I have a now useless socket (1156) and I was considering building a new PC, and I was 'hoping' to go with a socket that may last a couple of cycles of CPU architecture.

Danoss

im in but if its anything less than amazing you should stop talking shit about things.

edit: i go about half way down reading before my interest in the rest of your words already dropped to 0 so when its worked out someone pm me on steam.

That's pretty rude and harsh man. If reading isn't your thing, I don't think the game I have planned is for you.

Yeah, I'm in if it's one to two times a month, or a one-shot to test the waters. Although once a month sounds like a long time between sessions, when you get old time moves so fast it's there before you know it!

A Monday or Thursday evening is probably best for me. I have a history of half-committing to things and then never following through, so let's see where things head.

Has anyone used Google Hangouts? I think it could be a good fit for this kind of thing since it gives a feeling of everyone being in the same place. With the 'Extras' version of Hangouts you can even do screen sharing so that could come in handy.

If everyone enjoys themselves and wants to do it as a regular thing, I agree fortnightly is the best way to go. Not too often that it's tiresome and not too infrequent that events get forgotten.

Once I finishing reading the requisite materials and such, I'll send out a poll to see what times are best for everyone. Hopefully there isn't much of a problem finding a common time. I'm flexible any night between Monday and Thursday, with the occasional Monday Night Football game being an exception to that.

As for Google Hangouts, there is a free gaming related thing being made for it called Tabletop Forge. It doesn't look as nice as Roll20 (which I'm still tempted to back on Kickstarter to get us in on), though I think the dice roller is better, but it'll get the job done. None of the games I plan to run require maps or grids, but there will be handouts.

That's pretty rude and harsh man. If reading isn't your thing, I don't think the game I have planned is for you.
Wait... wait... Handouts? Reading? I didn't sign up for that! Shared storytelling in the form of interpretive dance is where RPGs are at nowadays!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Cookie, I will ask this of you as you seem to be up to speed with it all.

Ivy Bridge will use socket 1155?

Do you know what Intel's roadmap for the socket is? Or better still, do you know if Intel have indicated a socket change in the near (next year or so) future?

I ask this as I have a now useless socket (1156) and I was considering building a new PC, and I was 'hoping' to go with a socket that may last a couple of cycles of CPU architecture.

Yea Ivy will use socket 1155. You can throw it into a Z68 chipset board if it has a bios upgrade.

You have a current socket of 2011, which is sandy bridge-E and at some point in time, probably end of the year, ivy bridge-e. Most would say it's not really worth going this route just for gaming though. It's a little too pricey.

Haswell will be the successor to ivy bridge around this time next year. Who the fuck knows what socket that will end up using.

It does feel like it's a bit of a mess. I don't think there's a 1 socket fits all solution at the moment.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody here collect Kid Icarus AR cards? I have a bunch I don't want.

Fredescu

I don't care about Prey, but the problem with Stalker isn't Bethesda specifically. Any big publisher would baulk at being faithful to it. They will be more likely to "leverage the good will" toward the brand to make a game that can reach a "wider audience". ie castration.

My friend is super obsessed with the Kid Icarus AR cards, if you guys are wanting to give them to a loving home it would make her really happy. She's a Gaffer also.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My friend is super obsessed with the Kid Icarus AR cards, if you guys are wanting to give them to a loving home it would make her really happy. She's a Gaffer also.

Is she single and hot? Why hasn't she posted in ausgaf before?

wait a minute.

I agree with fred in that bethesda will simply put out a stalker game that's a little more casual and not hardcore at all.

I don't care about prey either but prey 2 did look good. I do wish it was simply renamed to something else. Changing a game so much and then throwing a 2 on the end doesn't seem like a great idea, I don't even think it had much to do with the original aside from some cameo story shit.

Should have just been called, futuristic alien openminded hunting man. That would sell well.

@X3n. Is your PC even slowing down? You could probably throw a better GPU in and continue for a little longer. I know you want the 10 core Ivy Bridge-Es come end of the year. You get to have 5 cores unused!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Sure thing. PM me postage details and I'll mail them off tomorrow.

senahorse

Yea Ivy will use socket 1155. You can throw it into a Z68 chipset board if it has a bios upgrade.

You have a current socket of 2011, which is sandy bridge-E and at some point in time, probably end of the year, ivy bridge-e. Most would say it's not really worth going this route just for gaming though. It's a little too pricey.

Haswell will be the successor to ivy bridge around this time next year. Who the fuck knows what socket that will end up using.

It does feel like it's a bit of a mess. I don't think there's a 1 socket fits all solution at the moment.

I have been having a few stability issues with my PC as of late which I believe is attributed to my motherboard (think the usb controller is flaky as well as potential dodgy caps/ic's). So I either have the option of getting a replacement 1156 mb, swapping out the mb/cpu only or just build a new PC. Haswell appears to be using an 1150 socket, decisions decisions :/

edit (to your edit): PC isn't slowing down but has a couple of issues noted above. The GPU is still fine 6970 (well flashed 6950 but essentially the same thing), but building a new PC would allow me to go back to NVIDIA and play saints row 3 at an acceptable framerate :D

Jintor

I think I'm going crazy, I'm looking forward to sitting down and writing an essay tonight... I feel like I would if I was on medication right now.

Just had some minor eye waviness. I need rest. :|

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm the only person on AusGAF who doesn't give a crap about DOTA2 right. Also Diablo III.

What's with all the fantasy games? Yawn.

Yagharek

No, I don't care for dota either, whatever it is. I assume its a dinosaur fighting game like primal rage going by the past few pages.

EatChildren

I'm the only person on AusGAF who doesn't give a crap about DOTA2 right. Also Diablo III.

What's with all the fantasy games? Yawn.

I'd care for DOTA2 if I knew how to play it, or had the patience to learn how to play it and not get distracted by games I'm good at. And I'd care about Diablo III if I wasn't still licking the wounds caused by the art direction.

hamchan

Woah, I think I heard about this. Sydney is so dangerous at night :s I feel really sorry for the chinese diplomats, having to clean up this political mess because of some racist scumbag kids. Ugh. Why do morons keep making us look bad. I hope those students are alright, I heard some pretty awful stuff was done to them...

Jintor

The passenger who reportedly told the muggers to leave her alone because the asian kids had money fucking infuriates me.

I don't really know the situation, I can only assume this was like a gang of six hoodlums (most of them teens apparently?) and everybody else on the train was in like really small groups or something

Just to add my US 2.06 cents. Avengers is the best superhero movie i've ever seen. Whedon is a god. Etc.

Also disproves the notion that superhero/action films don't need good scripts, plots or decent actors or directors.

Pitch perfect awesomeness. Hulk redeemed, too.

Also- i've no interest in DOTA style games at all. Im still on the fence about diabo 3.

Max payne, on the other hand...

Fredescu

Apparently other passengers on the train didn't do anything? Fucking hell.
It sucks, but I don't think it's as easy as that. Usually people are only going to intervene if they have the numbers, which would be unusual.

Read up on the Bystander Effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

A piece of useful advice from knowing about that is, if you're ever in trouble in a crowded area, you're much more likely to get help if you single out an individual and point to them and ask them for help than you are just shouting for help from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom