• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Love to see some actual class warfare. Not this bs spin crap >_<

Me too. So long as I win.

Furnishings HHNNNNNNGGGGGG said:
zfwQW.jpg
SVsUI.jpg

And this guy is badass

http://everypersoninnewyork.blogspot.com.au/

New Ch10 reality show, Being Lara Bingle.

I expect a report back from those among us who watch commercial tv.

Didn't it start like a week ago? I remember people bitching about it on Twitter.

Meh. Reality TV is still as shit as it has ever been.

EDIT: Huh, nope. Must have just been usual Twitter bitching then.

Deeku

I think it was on the news cuz she was snapped nude in her hotel window. I was grossed out even though it was all blurred out.

ugh, just set-up my poor unloved 360 for my gf to watch iview/sbs on demand on the second telly and after dodging all the foxtel ads it turns out I have to have a gold subscription to watch SBS. No wonder I never turn the fucking thing on.

ugh, just set-up my poor unloved 360 for my gf to watch iview/sbs on demand on the second telly and after dodging all the foxtel ads it turns out I have to have a gold subscription to watch SBS. No wonder I never turn the fucking thing on.
It gets better: the latest rumour is that Xbox will be getting IE in the next update. Which will most likely only be for Kinect. And probably Gold only.

Genius!

Yagharek

PS3 or PC let you access those for free.

midonnay

you can smell guy mckenna shitting his pants from here....

GWS down by a few points

edit: off to the footy..... fingers crossed for a miracle :O

edit: Although this makes it sound like he might not come back to the US which could pose a problem.
Just sounds like more awesome to me. Fuck living in America right now, although the UK have their own list of issues. Plenty of great prospects for him over there, would be awesome just jumping on a quick flight and doing a tour all throughout Europe.

Beer SpecTAPular was amazing. Managed to try 27 different beers out of 60. Standouts were an IPA infused with earl grey tea leaves (this was incredible; Yeastie Boys (NZ) handily beating Aussie brewers), an ultra sour beer from Moon Dog in Abbotsford (every beers these guys have put out has been outstanding, and they're virtually home brewers) and a chocolate chiptole chilli beer (again with the NZ brewers) which was like drinking Mexican hot chocolate.

Highly recommended. Go tomorrow if you can or keep an eye out it next year. I'll be there.

Beer SpecTAPular was amazing. Managed to try 27 different beers out of 60. Standouts were an IPA infused with earl grey tea leaves (this was incredible; Yeastie Boys (NZ) handily beating Aussie brewers), an ultra sour beer from Moon Dog in Abbotsford (every beers these guys have put out has been outstanding, and they're virtually home brewers) and a chocolate chiptole chilli beer (again with the NZ brewers) which was like drinking Mexican hot chocolate.

Highly recommended. Go tomorrow if you can or keep an eye out it next year. I'll be there.
:(
Is it an expensive affair? Would love to go if it doesn't end up being a $300 day/night/thehangoverpart3. When is the next big one?

lol sydney
lol geelong
lol goldcoast

Turned off a Thomas DVD just as Before The Game was on. Fuck that is a terrible show. Did see the lulz of the day though. Biggest loss Geelong has had in 4 years! Adelaide are playing incredibly footy at the moment.
Can't believe that the Swans would go down to Richmond either, no Goodes will be a tough curse to throw off.
Big win for GWS coming from behind in the last quarter! Even the return of Ablett couldn't stop the newest team in the competition from running over the top of them. Cornes is having a great resurgence to his career too, almost back to his peak in 2004.

Mostly Bunk, tho.

And you come home stinking of drink and pussy

That ain't pussy

What is it if it ain't pussy

Barbecue.

I need to watch more Treme. I only watched 2-3 episodes. :/

edit: To think once my whole music collection fitted on an iPod mini. Now I would need like 30 of them.

Now I'm spending my night with MF Doom, damn you people, I should be doing work.

F25t1.png

Zavvi sale items week 19.

Catherine on PS3/360 for $26 (damn that exchange rate drop)
Street Fighter x Tekken on PS3/360 for $34
House of the Dead Overkill Movey Move for PS3 for $16

To think once my whole music collection fitted on an iPod mini. Now I would need like 30 of them.
Was tempted to load all my music onto Plex today to stream where ever in the house I am but was sure it would take days for it to index it all. Going to need to pick up a bigger Green HDD for it soon too :(

markot

Banned
Whens google music coming out in Australia?

Does anyone here use that iTunes 'match' thingy? Does it do a good job of finding matching album crap IN THE CLOUDDDDDDDDDD?!

Worth the cash?

Danoss

Shit, am I one of the few holdouts still buying cds?

Not at all, I'm big on CDs. I rip them myself to FLAC and then put them away. I know the rip has been done properly and accurately, plus I can do it again if I somehow lose the HDD with them on it and the backup.

MP3s are handy, but I despise the idea of them being a popular source of bought music, especially when the cost seems the same as buying the CD.

Let's see how far I can push this. Who would buy tapes if they could? Minidiscs?

I buy a fair bit of vinyl. I really only buy Cd's if they are direct from the artist (so they are cheapish and all the money goes to them) or if they have special packaging or contents like a DVD.

I love mp3 so much, turns me onto so many great bands I would have never had a chance to patronize.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Whens google music coming out in Australia?

Does anyone here use that iTunes 'match' thingy? Does it do a good job of finding matching album crap IN THE CLOUDDDDDDDDDD?!

Worth the cash?
It's fantastic.

:(
Is it an expensive affair? Would love to go if it doesn't end up being a $300 day/night/thehangoverpart3.
Pretty expensive. Probably $70 or $80 just for 15 samples (85mL) - entry fee then 5 samples for $10. Stretched that out by sharing some with a mate.

However a lot of those beers are experimental one shot beers that will probably never be brewed again, by the best brewers in Australia or NZ, so if you're a fan of beer it's an easy sell. After all, where else can you try beer with rose, tea, watermelon, sarsaparilla root, chilli, beetroot (and more! These are just ones I tried)?

Football:
Bombers on top of the ladder. Good to see a competitive year unlike the last few

Shaved the beard off :(
Does anyone else with glasses and the ability to grow a beard always stop halfway through and pay homage to our future saviour? Can't help but do it every time, lest we forget.
Feels so cold now :(

Also forgot to meantion that I picked up this awesome deal from Sanity of all places the other day, Blu Ray collection of all Kubrick films from Lolita up to Eyes Wide Shut for $20! See if your local has stock.

Pretty expensive. Probably $70 or $80 just for 15 samples (85mL) - entry fee then 5 samples for $10. Stretched that out by sharing some with a mate.

However a lot of those beers are experimental one shot beers that will probably never be brewed again, by the best brewers in Australia or NZ, so if you're a fan of beer it's an easy sell. After all, where else can you try beer with rose, tea, watermelon, sarsaparilla root, chilli, beetroot (and more! These are just ones I tried)?
I'm sure I would be devastated the next day that I can't get another taste of the 5 or 6 or 30 beers that I loved the most and want to drink all the time. I am a selfish basterd a lot of the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom