• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
its fucking ridiculous how much the girl in last of us looks like ellen page and sounds like her. Naughty dog done good. but they might get sued :p

Wait till E3 motherfucker,s the game will blow your socks off

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the new LOU trailer was a little disheartening. I don't want to play another Naughty Dog game where random bandits constantly shoot at me.

Shan! I just remembered at some point you asked what I was encoding and it was Smash, the show touted as Glee for grownups about a hit musical production (or something) as those stupid, loveable encoders don't bother to change it from x264 to XviD any more unlike most other running shows.

Choc! Can I has preview demo please?

Roger-dodger. Can I assume by the lack of angry tone that you're not totally upset with me about the mouse thing? I assure you I'll keep my eye out, but given the spectacle it makes of itself, it would have been REALLY hard to justify to (or hide from) the missus.

BTW Did I give you T2 yet? I can't remember :(

and holy fucking shit, I just remembered I had some crumbs left in the bottom of a jaalfdsapeno and mortgaged cheese red rock deli chips and im so excited aii cant tawatit to finish this sentence or even suse backspace because zomg awesome

I've been aggressive as shit in my posts to you! Mainly because you STILL won't PM me your details. I can't even give my money away (for goods) to you!

Also yes, yes you did. I will man up and not accept an extra copy for my son.

Also you lucky basterd. I shall not break though, I bend like a wet reed in the wind and shall not fall into temptation, at least not until I get paid again and can justify it with the savings of the past week.

Yagharek

Fuuuuck. That's a load of arse. Poor bastard.

Wait, was "Another forum" the Ranch?

The way I see it, something good *could* come of this. With bigger companies doing more and more to screw people over (and it FINALLY becoming more visible, a la this and Ubisoft during Christmas last year) I have a feeling we'll have some kind of an uprising of sorts. The Kickstarters, Double Finers, Torchlighters... the mid-tier companies that can still offer a game of amazing quality without feeling the need to charge full RRP or rape people with microtransactions. There could be a revolt in our midst, gentlemen. At least, I'd like to think so.

Its a UK forum. Apparently they got it replaced in the end without any hassle.

As for revolt, its not going to happen whilst the media is under the full control of the big publishers. The only thing that will break that is when development budgets get too high that they have to cut back on their marketing spend slightly.

In which case they will outsource their outsourced PR department.

That was Ubisoft pulling the usual, "give our game a 10 or don't bother printing the review until the game has been out for a week" trick.

Who published arkham city? warner bros. I suspect they have aspirations of being arseholes like EA/Acti/Ubi.

Legendary. This is a lament.

It should never have come to this.

In an ideal world, Treasure would be selling 5 million copies minimum. Platinum Games would buy out Capcom for the Resident Evil/Strider and Megaman licenses. EA and Activision would be bought out by Sega and closed down. Bethesda would have their finance department run by their coding team. The British developers shut down this generation would all be profitable.

So many things are wrong with games.

Shaneus

Shan! I just remembered at some point you asked what I was encoding and it was Smash, the show touted as Glee for grownups about a hit musical production (or something) as those stupid, loveable encoders don't bother to change it from x264 to XviD any more unlike most other running shows.

Choc! Can I has preview demo please?

I've been aggressive as shit in my posts to you! Mainly because you STILL won't PM me your details. I can't even give my money away (for goods) to you!

Also yes, yes you did. I will man up and not accept an extra copy for my son.

Also you lucky basterd. I shall not break though, I bend like a wet reed in the wind and shall not fall into temptation, at least not until I get paid again and can justify it with the savings of the past week.
I think I might check out that show. Any good?

On the topic of TV shows... I love my NAS and cable internet. Why? The setting is Last Night, around 9pm. Realise I should watch Thrones and Walking Dead:

1. Open up Sick Beard on my NAS.
2. Add both Walking Dead and Game of Thrones to my TV shows list.
3. Wake up to this:
k9058.png

If I could download the time to watch them, I'd be a happy man.

Also, big respect to your good self Omi (and Dead Man, if he's reading) on putting up the good (but wholly unnecessary) fight in the D3 online thread.

No Shaneus, no. It is enjoyable for my fiancée. I am down in the freezing cold study rather than watch it.

When is it coming to PeeCee
In 5 years time when the emulator gets stable. Looking forward to it!

Who published arkham city? Warner Bros. I suspect they have aspirations of being arseholes like EA/Acti/Ubi.

It should never have come to this.

In an ideal world, Treasure would be selling 5 million copies minimum. Platinum Games would buy out Capcom for the Resident Evil/Strider and Megaman licenses. EA and Activision would be bought out by Sega and closed down. Bethesda would have their finance department run by their coding team. The British developers shut down this generation would all be profitable.

So many things are wrong with games.
WB have been pretty great so far. The fact they are taking on a chance with Lollipop Chainsaw is fantastic and the game looks like awesome fun. They have been marketing it really well for such a small budget and it should sell okay, a lot better than Shadows of the Damned at least. Can't think of many great publishers now. Activision laughingly are one of the best now! They seemed to have done their cull and the blood of Bizarre, Pandemic & Raven have satiated the beast.

Also that ideal world never works when the majority of the market don't give a fuck about the best games, only what people perceive to be the best so they can feel like they are part of the beautiful people.

jambo

I think I might check out that show. Any good?

On the topic of TV shows... I love my NAS and cable internet. Why? The setting is Last Night, around 9pm. Realise I should watch Thrones and Walking Dead:

1. Open up Sick Beard on my NAS.
2. Add both Walking Dead and Game of Thrones to my TV shows list.
3. Wake up to this:

If I could download the time to watch them, I'd be a happy man.

Also, big respect to your good self Omi (and Dead Man, if he's reading) on putting up the good (but wholly unnecessary) fight in the D3 online thread.

Did you really just post a screenshot of all of the illegal copyrighted material you've been downloading?

=/

Shaneus

Umm, strawberries on top of a hard-ish biscuity base. mmmmm
So, strawberries *amongst* the custard? Hm. Ohhh... with that clear jelly-type stuff as well, or just dem s/b's?

I'm a coinnosaur when it comes to my custard tarts. So far, nothing has beaten (in this era) the Coles custard tart. Not at all runny, just jelly-like and so fucking amazing. The base isn't at all gritty either, so you can eat around it first off then hit up all the custard at once in one hit.

I don't really hold that high a hope for Lollipop Chainsaw, even as a specifically Suda51 joint.
Sales-wise, you should not hold a high hope *because* it's Suda51. It'll still be awesome though. I hope.

Hey reptile, check this swifty Monteith's tried to pull. Bought a sampler, the pear cider was sealed but only about 10% full. I have a pic but my phone's being a right prick atm. WTF.

Did you really just post a screenshot of all of the illegal copyrighted material you've been downloading?

=/
That sounds like the attitude of someone who doesn't want to be in a four-way buy of Torchlight 2.

Danoss

Thanks Vince for that incredible summary. There are so many things wrong with the video games industry. I can't blame them for wanting to make money, that's what a business is for, but systematically screwing over the people who support them is disgusting. It is truly amazing how much people will put up with.

Besides me finding ever-decreasing enjoyment with video games, you've mentioned numerous reasons why I have no interest in returning to the hobby. I'm clearly not valued at all as a customer.

I am quite happy to play my board games and RPGs, and it's a lovely and warm feeling to know how treasured and wanted I am as a customer by the people that create the games that bring me so much joy. I have engaged, albeit briefly, with some of the designers and writers of the games I love and they're nothing but eager to bend over backwards to ensure that I'm a happy customer. I'm more than happy to tell anyone that will listen how great their product is in return, because I'd like to see them succeed and continue to produce things that I enjoy. There are many other great things I could mention, but it would be long-winded and possibly dilute the point.

I know it's easy when your customer base is smaller, and the games themselves are built around face-to-face interaction with others. But the video game industry could learn a lot from them. A mass exodus of their customer base would teach them at least some humility, and make them realise how dependent their survival is on the customers they have been dicking over ever chance they could get. Their customers are continually reminded that they don't own the games they buy, the company does, and that's a terrible thing. Who wants to know that something they paid good money for could be taken away from them at any moment? Who wants to be treated like a thief when and after they've bought something, and be constantly reminded of this?

Whoever it was that predicted/feared we would become a slave to the things that we love is appearing to be correct. Whilst a lot of people don't approve of the way they're being treated by these companies, they're encouraging them by peoples apparent unwillingness to say "enough!" and walk away. And so the trend continues.

Not everyone involved is guilty, but enough to make the whole thing repulsive.

Shaneus

I am but a simple man who enjoys fun, creative games that do something different and make me smile.
Same same. Wasn't it coming out on PC at some stage? Otherwise, I guess I'll wait for the Digital Foundry thingy to see which platform looks/plays the least shit. I have no investment in one or the other, but when I have a choice I'd obviously like to get the best one I can.

Deeku

I don't get body pillows, biggest waste of space. At least titty mouse pads make your wrists comfortable!

So, strawberries *amongst* the custard? Hm. Ohhh... with that clear jelly-type stuff as well, or just dem s/b's?

I'm a coinnosaur when it comes to my custard tarts. So far, nothing has beaten (in this era) the Coles custard tart. Not at all runny, just jelly-like and so fucking amazing. The base isn't at all gritty either, so you can eat around it first off then hit up all the custard at once in one hit.
lol

The ones I get from a cafe are 4 strawberries placed on the custard with the tips pointing up, so kinda like a pyramid? I think the SBs are dipped in that jelly stuff, but only a bit. The base is the best part. I don't know if I can trust supermarket made stuff, but I will check it out!

Shaneus

lol

The ones I get from a cafe are 4 strawberries placed on the custard with the tips pointing up, so kinda like a pyramid? I think the SBs are dipped in that jelly stuff, but only a bit. The base is the best part. I don't know if I can trust supermarket made stuff, but I will check it out!
Brofist. They may be awesome in the way that sometimes the best burger you can have is from McDonald's, so don't get your hopes up. They may also vary b/w stores, but the two in Geelong were the same.

One last note before I go: RIP Donald 'Duck' Dunn. Bassist in Booker T. and the MGs, as well as (more famously) The Blues Brothers. Along with MCA, a shit time for bassists :(
Booker T. & the MG's - Time is Tight (live)

Max Payne is out today and I will have to brave one of these things called a "retail store" in order to procure it. Big W have it for $68, here's hoping they have it in or don't have an idiot behind the counter.

Call me a dreamer.

Besides me finding ever-decreasing enjoyment with video games, you've mentioned numerous reasons why I have no interest in returning to the hobby. I'm clearly not valued at all as a customer.

I am quite happy to play my board games and RPGs, and it's a lovely and warm feeling to know how treasured and wanted I am as a customer by the people that create the games that bring me so much joy.

I think you're cherry picking your examples here. Do you think Hasbro really gives a shit about their customers when they're putting out their umpteen versions of Monopoly? If they could tie the board game to some sort of authentication mechanism that would ensure them more money, I have no doubt they would. Guys like Days of Wonder on the other hand probably care a lot more about their customers.

It's exactly the same in the video game world. The big guys are doing whatever it is they can to please the shareholders and make the money they've promised they'll make. There are tons of small developers out there who truly care about their customers. Stardock, for instance, have been putting out DRM-free games for years. The ARMA 2 guys (Bohemia Interactive?) are, right now, developing patches which resolve issues in a user-made mod. Do you really think there are no more examples of this?

Gamers should stand up more, sure, and not buy games when they've promised they won't buy to prove a point. But ultimately, even though DRM gets in the way and servers go offline at an alarming rate, the reality is that the vast majority of customers don't give a shit. Gamers who want to play "old" games are a tiny minority. It's an unfortunate reality that many games will never properly be archived for future generations, but will many of them even care about games that didn't break new ground in any way?

Someone was talking about a game that was 1 euro with the promo code error37. Then someone asked what it was and if its good.
I think its the new game from the titan quest people.
I may be wrong. I may be late with this news. Who knows.

senahorse

In the mmo world, sure.

Anything over 50 seems noticeable to me. :(

It's a shame that we have got to a point where a ping in the multiple hundreds of milliseconds is now considered good for an mmo, just because companies like Blizzard don't care to provide local infrastructure. It's one of the only things EA did right with swtor, provide a local server(s).

Danoss, I completely get where youre coming from, but I don't think boycotting will work. Most people will just buy the game and put up with it, because its better than not playing the game at all. Then there are the problems that dont come to light until after release, for example skyrims ps3 lag. You can yell all you want about what a shitty move it is (and that was extra douchy of them), but people already bought the game and they know they can get away with it again. In the end you lose if you put up with it OR you boycott it..

Semi-related, but i cant acess my steam games in offline mode. In fact I can't log in at all. Anyone know why?

Jintor

It's because Steam's offline mode is a complete piece of shit and they've never bothered fixing it.

Anybody see that earth rotation spinning thread in OT? I've never laughed and cried more at the same time in my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom