• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bow and Arrows:
ascend
crysis
tomb raider
ass creed
far cry
avengers
uncharted
trine

Crossbow:
splinter cell

Ballista:
wreckateer

Total: 10

"Stealth" games: 6

I stayed up for this? Nintendo better hope they have something big up there sleeve or the wii U is going to fizzle.

Being pushed more towards being PC exclusive every day...

Yagharek

This image seems appropriate now.

VdtVq.jpg

Yagharek

Overall a shitty conference. Some good games in there (pikmin, tanks, lego) but to me it felt forced. Wii Sports Tennis was a simple concept to explain. Nintendoland thingies were not easy to explain, even if they are easy to get to grips with during hands on time.

They really needed to show something spectacular to complement pikmin. A metroid or zelda. Hell, I thought the third 3ds game might have been a zelda game too. Or just a new standalone IP, not a compilation.

It was a better e3 2012 conference than the ms/sony ones, but it was not a good console launch conference. It just fell flat.

All looked so promising after the pikmin intro too ;_;

Oh well, at least trine is there. Thats a good sign.

Nintendo?
DE1yM.gif

Overall
mhfMg.gif

Guys, AU PSN+ free game list

inFamous 2
MotorStorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2
Outland
Darksiders
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Renegade Ops
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Chime Super Deluxe
Bolded are the ones I don't have
:(

Thursday evening at the latest
Nice and quick at least! I guess I can trade in my retail copies.

Bit concerned by three things:
1. No Sly 3

I also dont get why 50% of the sony/ms conferences were third party games. Ass creed Anno edition, Far Cry "Nice" 3, CoD etc. Really underwhelming if you want to see platform differentiation beyond kinect and DLC integration.
Sly 3? Sony already gave that a good shot.

Also neither company buy exclusives any more so a lot of games are on both console. The push part comes from buying exclusive DLC or modes, which they then pimp to try and get people to buy their console for it. Also a large part of it is trying to remind people that they also have access to the games if they buy a PS3 or 360.

Or GTA or Minecraft or Scribblenauts. "Emergent play" or make-your-own-fun games kind of fall down for me. I dunno... maybe I just prefer jungle gyms to sandboxes.
Sound a bit like me. I prefer scripted, story based experiences rather than MP in games or creative experiences. Even my few MP sessions were fun but not something I would do every week, same with LBP or Minecraft they tend to be one off things every now and then.

markot

Banned
So liek... wtf nintendo >_<

Oh well, im mainly a pc guy with 3ds as secondly.

Hell, I have seen no reason to get teh wii u..

I didn't watch the conference, but NSMBros U, Zombi U, Lego City Undercover, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 doesn't seem like the worst launch lineup ever. Nintendo burned me last time so they'd need to launch a new Zelda AND Metroid day one for me to bite.

Ah cool. I've got some mates that went to Kingaroy. Yeah I was a couple of years below Jonathon Thurston at school. Did not think he would actually become anything impressive. Wrong.
Yeah. Most of the high school superstars never amount to anything, marry young and get fat. Occasionally you get one that makes it through though.

Clipper

Yeah, Nintendo conference started well, but the ending just left a really sour taste. I reckon they won out of the big 3, but Ubisoft definitely had the best conference this year. Pikmin 3 looked stunningly beautiful and LEGO City Undercover and ZombiU have a lot of potential. NSMBU at launch is also highly required.

I would hope that they make Nintendo Land a pack in, but I don't know. I guess we'll find out when they announce the price and date in the coming months. I'm also awaiting the bombs that typically get dropped during the developer round table, this evening's hardware discussion video and the Software Showcase tomorrow morning. Those times again for anybody interested:
e3events2012-2.png

Oh, also got to say I do appreciate being able to actually sleep this year given that Sony decided to forgo their usual slot. Thanks Sony, I appreciate it!

watching the conf now.'

I'm buying a Wii U this year. No idea why. Habit, i guess. I have played maybe one Wii game a year since 2006.

at the very least, i won't be having to get another system around the same time as happened with Cube and Wii

markot

Banned
Not to mention all those boat people and were gonna get strangled by that carbon tax!!!

Countries stuffed!

Best country in the world though!

Wouldn't live anywhere else!

Clipper

I really hope ZombiU turns out to be more than a concept art trailer, really liked the look of that one that The Conduit guys were doing for the Wii
The trailer shown on e3.nintendo.com has a lot more gameplay. Also makes it clear that this was the game in the Nintendo Direct video too. Now if we can just get Non-Specific Action Figure as a scanable token with the NFC technology...

lol SWTOR going f2p for first 15 levels
Lollipop Chainsaw got 9/9/9/9 from Famitsu! I know they suck but it is still a great sign!

20120609_woc357.png

I don't get it. Haven't these guys heard that all the E3 conferences sucked? Better life my arse.
SUCK SHIT SWEDEN WE WIN YOU STINKY FUCKERS!

The trailer shown on e3.nintendo.com has a lot more gameplay. Also makes it clear that this was the game in the Nintendo Direct video too. Now if we can just get Non-Specific Action Figure as a scanable token with the NFC technology...
Thanks guys! Didn't see it linked in the GAF thread, well even the CG trailer was like 20 posts down (bad OP!). Will check out once I get home, might be the game to get me thinking about the WiiU.

Deeku

Lookin forward to the 3ds games at the end of the year! Meh WiiU, won't trick me into buying day 1 this time nintendo! I do like Pikmin, though

Yagharek

I'm slightly less despondent about wii u this morning. Terrible conference aside, there are some good games for it and wii shop transfers have been officially confirmed.

The thing I don't get is, do third parties outside of Ubisoft just not have anything genuinely new for Wii U launch? Is it seriously just all ports of recent games from them? That Batman segment didn't need nearly as much focus for what it was. Still, this has been a largely western-focused showing from everyone so I guess we might see some stuff from Sega/Capcom/Square-Enix/et al later in the year at Japanese events.

Despite the weak conference, I'll probably still be picking up Wii U early. Nintendo Land looks interesting, I'm always down for Mario (though having both NSMBU and NSMB2 out in the same time frame seems like it might be risking cannibalisation/oversaturation) and Kamiya's new game should be ace.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
watching that Zombie U footage again.. I'm quite excited

I'm just imagining the anger I get when I look down at my tablet to check my back, or check inside a chest.. then look up to see 4 zombies tearing right at me.. only to bite me.

then starting again.. and having to track down my former characters zombie.. and kill it .. just to get all my items back :(

Did you see Tony yesterday attempting to talk down the economy and waffling that an interest rate cut was terrible?
Haha!

The Aussie political climate is in a weird place. By all the major economic indicators, we're doing great, which should theoretically be good for the sitting government. But it doesn't seem to matter and the electorate and political media are mired in petty bullshit questions like whether or not we should let people gamble away their life savings at the pokies.

midonnay

I don't know what Nintendo has against platnium games...... they got snubbed at the e3 conference again (last time was Madworld iirc).

p100 actually looks kinda interesting.... like a mixture of Lemmings versus an Alien invasion.

watching that Zombie U footage again.. I'm quite excited

I'm just imagining the anger I get when I look down at my tablet to check my back, or check inside a chest.. then look up to see 4 zombies tearing right at me.. only to bite me.

then starting again.. and having to track down my former characters zombie.. and kill it .. just to get all my items back :(
I love this idea. Very Dark Souls in what sounds like a somewhat more accessible way. If it's co-op, it'll be awesome.

The thing I don't get is, do third parties outside of Ubisoft just not have anything genuinely new for Wii U launch? Is it seriously just all ports of recent games from them? That Batman segment didn't need nearly as much focus for what it was. Still, this has been a largely western-focused showing from everyone so I guess we might see some stuff from Sega/Capcom/Square-Enix/et al later in the year at Japanese events.

Despite the weak conference, I'll probably still be picking up Wii U early. Nintendo Land looks interesting, I'm always down for Mario (though having both NSMBU and NSMB2 out in the same time frame seems like it might be risking cannibalisation/oversaturation) and Kamiya's new game should be ace.

So you could nearly call it the Wii U...bisoft? God I love puns.
Ubisoft has been good this year haven't they? Good on them for having a go with new IPs etc. Even the safe bets like Splinter Cell have a new spin on them with a new actor etc.

Yagharek

the original cinematic trailer was yes.

the above link is gameplay

Oh ok. I thought I read some Edge guy say even the new one was cgi.

I just don't see where the hook is for wii-u....

Asymmetric gaming? wat...... nintendo execs have their head in the sand.

It has potential to be great, but its not an easy sell like motion control was. Wii Tennis took one swing to explain the entire console. Wii U takes a bit more time to clarify, and thats a problem they'll have to solve quickly in order to sell it to the expanded market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom