• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's only justified if there is some interesting story there. Otherwise they made the title and scenario just to show off some mad violence.

Sure and we sort of have that story. They wanted to show off an intense scene that will probably happen many times knowing naughty dog, throughout the rest of the game.

I doubt they decided, lets do this purely for a violence sake. If they wanted to go that route they could have just made a COD clone.

Yagharek

Sorry jintor I missed your post. Thanks to choc for his generosity, it will soon be sent to AusGAF's resident hyper/kotaku/MLP contribut0r.

Send me a pm and I'll pop it in todays mail :)

Someone needs to remember choc next time they have a freebie then.

midonnay

wow if that final fantasy tech demo is what next gen will look like...

wonder if squenix will survive by the time it is realised into a real game :p

hamchan

How much time and money did they spend making that tech demo instead of Versus XIII.

EDIT: Though if that character and world ends up in FFXV I'll be happy, seems interesting.

senahorse

God of War elephant section was only bad due to the audio. It was the sound of an elephant in trouble, not some hybrid humanphant screaming in pain. Had the audio been different, tweaked to be more human like I don't think I would personally have a major issue with that scene.

Oh wow, it wasn't just me. I turned it off because I felt sorry for the elephant. :(

Yagharek

i can't even imagine how few towns the next final fantasy will have!

You just saw them all.

Final Fantasy Afghanistan

edit: oh dear.
Just watched the star wars 1313 combat demo. "In a galaxy far far away, we still have waist-high walls for cover shooting"
Fucking unoriginal hacks.

hamchan

I like that everybody likes elephants. It's why they're used so much in marketing. I mean, no one had qualms with bulls and snakes and other animals getting slaughtered in previous GOWs but that elephant made everyone feel bad. I felt bad for that poor, crazy elephant too.

wow if that final fantasy tech demo is what next gen will look like...

wonder if squenix will survive by the time it is realised into a real game :p

Tech demo? I am yet to see that. Link?
And Square Enix better not die. That means not Eidos and that means no Thief 4 or Deus Ex.

You just saw them all.

Final Fantasy Afghanistan

edit: oh dear.
Just watched the star wars 1313 combat demo. "In a galaxy far far away, we still have waist-high walls for cover shooting"

Agreed cover shooting is boring (will still buy a bunch of cover shooters though) but I did like the melee attacks over the cover, flinging that guy over the top of the box. That looked cool.

Kritz

Banned
So here's something I made in the past three hours:

(Warning: if you go to a website called "Box Fuck" at work you might get fired).

http://kritz.net/personal/unity/BoxFuck.html
Game runs in Flash, but was built in Unity. So you don't need the unity player to run it!

You control a cube. You're on a pile of cubes. The idea is to move around the environment and reach places without everything falling to shit. The physics are incredibly terrible, but I kinda like how bad they are.

Press WASD / Arrow Keys to move.
Press "R" to reset the level.

There isn't a win condition, or a level, or a game yet. Just an idea I knocked out while watching the Giant Bomb E3 live stream.

Mr Beanomoto

gBe96.gif

D'awww. He looks like he's having fun. I can't hate on the Nintendo conference after this.

midonnay

it was announced in the other conference =,=;

and what the fuck, Nintendo is publishing platinum games's title....

they are seriously like an abusive spouse.

markot

Banned
My problem is that Pikmin 3 seems to be made... for wii controls >_> whats the wii u controller do other than a map? As in, THEY BEEN HOLDING OUT ON US

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I want Pikmin 3 badly. It's a shame I have no intention to buy a WiiU in the near future.

Danoss

So, it seems I won't be going to the State of Origin this year even though I paid for a ticket.

One of my scum-sucking old "friends" purchased it on his credit card and I reimbursed him for it last year. Since before his wedding in May none of that circle of friends were speaking to me and I wasn't speaking to them, which is fine, they were cunts. But now State of Origin is coming up and I want my goddamn ticket. This person who has them was actually a decent guy, but now he won't answer or return my calls or messages.

That sucks pretty hard, especially since I'm not in a good financial position and a night out is an impossible luxury. I was looking forward to it, but it seems it's not going to happen. I'm tempted to damage his car or something, because seriously fuck that guy.

markot

Banned
So, it seems I won't be going to the State of Origin this year even though I paid for a ticket.

One of my scum-sucking old "friends" purchased it on his credit card and I reimbursed him for it last year. Since before his wedding in May none of that circle of friends were speaking to me and I wasn't speaking to them, which is fine, they were cunts. But now State of Origin is coming up and I want my goddamn ticket. This person who has them was actually a decent guy, but now he won't answer or return my calls or messages.

That sucks pretty hard, especially since I'm not in a good financial position and a night out is an impossible luxury. I was looking forward to it, but it seems it's not going to happen. I'm tempted to damage his car or something, because seriously fuck that guy.

Go to his house!

Danoss

Go to his house!

Planning on it, as soon as the weather clears up.

The problem with these tickets is they've been emailed by Ticketek. Essentially, even if I get a ticket from him, he could easily reprint it and if he gets to the game before me, it'll render mine useless.

Kritz

Banned
Reminds me of Boom Blox a bit. If you could rotate the camera, that would be cool.

I'm not sure how I plan to handle the camera. Letting the user control it seems like an obvious choice, but I kind of like the idea of having a fixed camera, or a camera that follows you dynamically.

I'll try giving the player camera control at some stage and see if it works with my vague idea of what this game could be.

http://kritz.net/personal/unity/BoxFuck.html
Here's my current build. It introduces one of two kinds of checkpoints I will implement. This one makes it so when you reset, it saves your location when you hit it. So you can do a wipe and your cube will stay where it was.

The second type will save the location of you, and all other blocks. So if you hit one of those, the condition that the level is in is what you reload to.

I will then make it so doubletapping R will do a level reset, putting back everything, including the checkpoints.

yLlz3.png

I'll be sticking with the dev texures for a while, I suspect. Any colourblind people have issues finding the powerups / player / other blocks?

Just watched the God of War gameplay video and I must agree that the violence towards the elephant was a tad excessive. Well, maybe not the violence on display, per se, but maybe the graphic nature of what was displayed. I don't think stabbing the deadephant that many times in the head was over-the-top, especially given what had transpired every second before that moment, it was just that they felt the need to pull in close to the damage being done but and show the poor things brains.

Having said that, it doesn't even come close to the level of disturbing that the last gameplay video showed. Kratos cutting up (and ultimately killing) a defenceless, shackled Cyclops on the other hand was definitely over the top, unnecessary and deplorable.

Thanks Choc!

Crucial 512GB M4 SSD for $444

No-one wants this fight pad ffs.

Hey choc, you give free stuff away all the time. Interested in a payback? :)
I should have checked this threaddddddddddddddddd :(

whittypoliticalesquecbquci.png

Although I drew half of it this morning before work after reading the Nintendo conference.

They somehow made Uncharted even more linear and scripted. Combat was in a wonky arena but didn't look great either.

The two games that have impressed me most this EA (aside from Pikmin 3) are P-100 and (Ni No Kuni)
Still a little annoyed that Nintendo didn't have P-100 up there flaunting it. Very interested to see how the gameplay is.

That really sucks man. Hope that prick gets the shit kicked out of him at the game.

Rep, shirt looks fine.
I don't see much shirt there buddy. Also put some damn fog applicant on that mirror so using the shower doesn't make it annoying to see.

It's rugby league. You hand your brain in at the gate.

Rep, shirt looks fine.

Yes, unlike the understanding of advanced physics required to watch AFL or soccer.

Microsoft saying they've been getting overwhelmingly positive feedback on their conference is hilarious. Understandable I guess, I mean no company is going to say "everyone thought what we said two gays ago was turd", but hilarious

Haaa gold cartoon rep.

Yagharek

Alright AusGAF, I'm off to see Prometheus in half an hour. I shall be back to post spoilers impressions later tonight.

Of course, for those who don't want to know, I am only going to use a three point scale to avoid upsetting anyone:

1. Genre defining
2. As good/competent as expected
3. Disappointing

I promise no details beyond that until everyone has seen it.

Wish me luck. It can't be as bad as last nights E3 conference ...

Hey, did anyone design an Ausgaf shirt? Because I would totally buy one.

Alright AusGAF, I'm off to see Prometheus in half an hour. I shall be back to post spoilers impressions later tonight.

Of course, for those who don't want to know, I am only going to use a three point scale to avoid upsetting anyone:

1. Genre defining
2. As good/competent as expected
3. Disappointing

I promise no details beyond that until everyone has seen it.

Wish me luck. It can't be as bad as last nights E3 conference ...

Just put everything else in spoilers.

EDIT: Yup. Facebook is fine but everything else is painful to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom