• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Well, put my preorder money down to pick up Lollipop Chainsaw at JB tomorrow. An extra $29 or so to ensure I get it on the day and get some bonus skins. Sadly, EB got the awesome bonus of the boyfriend's severed head on a keychain, but there you go (unless someone wants to swapsies with the iPhone cover? It's totally masculine and everything.)
Will it be on PC? I wanna see that in high fidelity.
None of Grasshopper's games have ever come to PC :( Same with Platinum as well, I think (can you imagine Vanquish at 1080p 60fps? Damn)

PS. Sign me up, Holy. Fridays are perfect pour moi, so I'll definitely be there (unless something crops up... but that's unlikely).

jambo

MELBGAF
29th of June?

WHAT SAY YE:

5pm onwards beers? or earlier?

YEIGH:
Ho-Check
Bananaarnie

NEIGH:
evlcookie

I will be in Melbourne that weekend, getting in on the Thursday, for Oz Comic-Con!

Was planning on heading to the Mana Bar with some mates.

Thoughts?

I may be able to go on the 29th (was sure I suggested that day last week). Should go to Cookie to make cookie feel welcome. Or bad for the inevitable bail.

Or maybe since there will be some foreigners, somewhere Melbourne like 1806, Chez Regine, Red Hummingbird, Longrain, Gin Palace, Lily Black's or Madame Brussels.

Edit: Actually, half those places aren't open til later are they? Beer Deluxe is always convenient due to proximity to Flinders St; easy for foreigners.

Rezbit

I may be able to go on the 29th (was sure I suggested that day last week). Should go to Cookie to make cookie feel welcome. Or bad for the inevitable bail.

Or maybe since there will be some foreigners, somewhere Melbourne like 1806, Chez Regine, Red Hummingbird, Longrain, Gin Palace, Lily Black's or Madame Brussels.

Edit: Actually, half those places aren't open til later are they? Beer Deluxe is always convenient due to proximity to Flinders St; easy for foreigners.

Listen to this man! Great options. Wish I was still in Melbourne for all the wonderful venues.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MELBGAF
29th of June?

WHAT SAY YE:

YEIGH:
Ho-Check
Bananaarnie

NEIGH:
evlcookie

Yeeeeeeeigh!

and also yaaaay!

Well, put my preorder money down to pick up Lollipop Chainsaw at JB tomorrow. An extra $29 or so to ensure I get it on the day and get some bonus skins. Sadly, EB got the awesome bonus of the boyfriend's severed head on a keychain, but there you go (unless someone wants to swapsies with the iPhone cover? It's totally masculine and everything.)

None of Grasshopper's games have ever come to PC :( Same with Platinum as well, I think (can you imagine Vanquish at 1080p 60fps? Damn)

PS. Sign me up, Holy. Fridays are perfect pour moi, so I'll definitely be there (unless something crops up... but that's unlikely).

I will be in Melbourne that weekend, getting in on the Thursday, for Oz Comic-Con!

Was planning on heading to the Mana Bar with some mates.

Thoughts?

Cbd venue?

If so, shall check out getting leave pass.

I'm in Check, although I'll probs get there around 5:30 cos yo work.

MELBGAF
29th of June?

WHAT SAY YE:

YEIGH:
Ho-Check(will get there 6pm plus)
Bananaarnie
shanshan
shaneus
Aonshinskidesu (will get there 5:30plus)

TENTATIVEIGH BARRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS OR UNCERTAINTIES
Omi: Yes CBD venue would be easiest for all I assume
Jambo: Manabar is a bit small for a good meet up.
codswallop: HES NOT SURE, WILL HIS MISSUS CALL HIM AWAY AGAIN? :p

NEIGH:
evlcookie

also the question is: do we want fancy beer, or cheap beer. Who wants to get drunk with aon? he sounds british.

jambo

If it's 5pm onwards, I could go where ever you guys want and then head over to Mana Bar later to catch up with my mates.

also the question is: do we want fancy beer, or cheap beer. Who wants to get drunk with aon? he sounds british.

lol, he doesn't sound british! Cheaper is better for an unemployed student such as myself, but I'm not really fussed. I don't know Melbourne places! Except Madame Brussels, which was cool.

Cohsae

Crusader Kings II update.
So I started in Thomond. Had a De Jure claim on Desmond. Raised my armies and went. Won the battle. After the battle I'm in Desmond and the rest of their army is sitting outside my city in Thomond (annoying). I figure mine is bigger so my siege will win first. Turns out I needed an army about twice as big as what I had to successfully siege it.

I go back to Thomond to wipe out the rest of the army, which runs to another county. I chased them halfway across Ireland because every time I moved my army they'd move there's.

Eventually I got them into battle and wiped them all out (took about 5 battles to wipe out them all). As soon as the last battle ended, they INSTANTLY raised another full-size army back in Desmond.

So yeah I've got no fucking idea. I don't know how to make more money. I don't know how to raise bigger armies. Heaps good at playing matchmaker though. Pretty sure this is a dating sim in disguise.

Time to hit up the beginner's guide I guess.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I too am currently very poor.

Therefore cods I hope you're ok with jugs of carlton draught for $15! Rather than your usual $10 a beer :p

Salazar

Oh god I have the worst pun possible

YdA5s.gif

Kritz

Banned
BrisGAF still hasn't worked out a place or time or complete list of people has it?

Was set to be on 3 July. Someone in the know of good pubs take a shot at picking a place. I will be staying up on the Gold Coast, so I'd prefer anywhere easily accessible by public transport.

Who was going again?

BrisGAF still hasn't worked out a place or time or complete list of people has it?

Was set to be on 3 July. Someone in the know of good pubs take a shot at picking a place. I will be staying up on the Gold Coast, so I'd prefer anywhere easily accessible by public transport.

Who was going again?

Off the top of my head:
Kritz
Clipper
Shanshan
Salazar
Marsh
Gazunta
Fallbackpants?

I guess it depends on what you wanna do. The valley has the mana bar, and korean bbq, city has the baverian beer garden, west end is full of hipster bars. Im not very knowledgable so perhaps someone else should decide.

Choc

Banned
tokyo jungle is indeed goty

shaneus, i was told by a japanese person today a pro tip that makes me think this game is entirely playable now.

i am making rapid progress.

Choc

Banned
oh for goodness sake, adding hats and shit to the animals increases their armor

LOL

to escape a dog attack as a deer i just stood on top of a 4WD

spoiler but FUCK ME LOL, Its GTA Animal edition

mission was to make babies with another dog, had to find a hotel room with a bed

I have officially drank 15L of Orange Juice in the last 2 days. I'm starting to look like the chicks at McDonald's drive-thru.

Come down again!
Already making a trip to Geelong AND Ballarat this weekend and then the trip to Melbourne the following weekend for the Matilda Bay tour (and random bar crawling until 1am) so I don't think I can afford another 7 hour round trip on the train!

First MelbGAF meet (ours was totally the first), part deux?
If you want to come along on the brewery tour or meet us at a pub along the way feel free! I'll PM you my phone number and anyone else who is interested. Brewery tour is free and starts at 3pm I think.

Bwahahaha, my Playstation Plus now expires on 28/07/2014.
I assume you found a cheap deal, gimme gimme gimme!

oh for goodness sake, adding hats and shit to the animals increases their armor

LOL

to escape a dog attack as a deer i just stood on top of a 4WD

spoiler but FUCK ME LOL, Its GTA Animal edition

mission was to make babies with another dog, had to find a hotel room with a bed
Okay that does sound like the kind of strange awesome that this generation has been missing. Any idea when we will see a release in the UK region?

Jugs are $15 now? Last I remember we got $10 jugs at our local!
I remember a mate of mine buy a jug, the bartender said it'd be $12, my mate turned around and walked out. Now $12 would be a sweet deal. Goddamn kids on my lawn etc

Off the top of my head:
Kritz
Clipper
Shanshan
Salazar
Marsh
Gazunta
Fallbackpants?

I guess it depends on what you wanna do. The valley has the mana bar, and korean bbq, city has the baverian beer garden, west end is full of hipster bars. Im not very knowledgable so perhaps someone else should decide.

I forgot about this. Put me in the maybe basket.
West End does have Archive Bar which is awesome for beers. But West End is a pain in the arse for public transport. The Valley would probably be best for Kritz seeing the train station is right near everything.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Choc, are you playing a localised copy of Tokyo Jungle, or the Japanese version? If the latter, does it have English text options?

Choc

Banned
Choc, are you playing a localised copy of Tokyo Jungle, or the Japanese version? If the latter, does it have English text options?

japanese, sadly not

game is VERY playable once you know what you need to do. Happy to help if you can't wait and import it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom