• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay 18+ games.
But we won't be able to play them since every games blog is telling us off for wanting to play games with throat stabbing.

Jeez, I could go a throat stab right now

Quoting for new page:

MELBGAF
29th of June

WHAT SAY YE:

5pm onwards. Destination = Beer delux?

YEIGH:
Ho-Check(will get there 6pm plus)
Bananaarnie
shanshan
shaneus
Aonshinskidesu (will get there 5:30plus)
Aniseed
Omi
Jambo
Codswallop
Remz

TENTATIVEIGH BARRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS OR UNCERTAINTIES
evlcookie: WILL HE, WONT HE?
Lafiel?
Agyar

NEIGH:
fappenmeister: I'm not going to MelGAF i'll be washing my pubic hairs
Ydahs: Busy drinking wine

WHAT SAY YE?
Ridonkulus?
Megadrive?

Brisgaf, 3rd of July
There will be Grill'd, there will be schnapps.

Meet at 5:30pm at Central Station around the corner from the ticketing station (on the ATM side, not the news agents / Maccas side). There is a bench there across from the shoe repair / key cutter place that will sit several people comfortably that's hardly ever crowded.

VKS said:
To get to Grill'd from Central Station, you walk out of the south-eastern entrance at the corner of Ann and Creek Streets. If you met where I suggested, you'll be at the correct end anyway. Anyway, once on that corner, walk downhill on Creek Street until you hit the river, at which point, you'll be on Eagle Street.

Cross Eagle Street and turn right. Walk about 100m or so until you hit Grill'd. The Bavarian Beer Cafe will be up the escalators next to Grill'd. People who work in the CBD, like me, can meet the rest of you there.

Transport info here: http://translink.com.au/

head count:
Kritz
Clipper
Shanshan
Salazar
Marshmallow
Gazunta
VKS + waifu
Rlan (after 6pm)

Maybe:
Fallbackpants
ClivePwned
CrazedProfessional
Bodyboarder

BOARD GAMES ON THE FOURTH in Toowong with clipper, shan and marsh confirmed. Might be able to rope boyfriend?! in, but we shall see.

Shaneus

Ohhhh.... everyone's buying Driver because it's on SALE. Gotcha.

I might re-buy just to have it on Steam (currently GOG). Guess the devs deserve the money or something.

Hm. That was easily justified.

Hey Rep, did you want it? I noticed you did, but not sure if you still do...

Copy for friend's birthday: bought. Copy for brother (for the hell of it): bought. Copy pour moi, just for Steam convenience (and deluxe-pack goodies): bought. Christ, I'm shit.

Choc

Banned
Publishers have a big problem now. Most Q1 titles would be rated Q4 this year.

Do you take the risk? or do you wait until Q1 to rate under the new regime

and in that case, the COB is goign to have one massive backlog to get through Q1

remz

I don't really post that much in here but I'll come to melbgaf I think. I live in melbourne and don't really have much else to do around then and it sounds like fun.

Jesus gaming is getting ridiculously negative. Are there honestly people questioning if there are any great games this generation? Fucking hell.
This is the vibe I got during e3 as well. negative negative, negative. perhaps new gen next year or the year after will wash away all the depressives >_>

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Quoting for new page:

MELBGAF
29th of June

WHAT SAY YE:

YEIGH:
Bananaarnie
shanshan
shaneus
Aniseed
Omi
Jambo
Codswallop
Remz

NEIGH:

WHAT SAY YE?
Lafiel?
Ridonkulus?
Megadrive?
Agyar?

The place isn't to far from the southern cross station.;p considering going, but it's going be one hell of a undertaking that will require a lot of planning on my part.:) plus my mum already thinks the idea of going to this is crazy.:lol

How long is the meet-up expected to last?

oh the Katie one? yeah its gone pear

i thought you meant the R18 one i just posted
Oh shit. I thought we had come to a conclusion when I went to bed, everyone had stopped posting.

America must have woken up and ignored all the discussion already done in the thread.

Do you take the risk? or do you wait until Q1 to rate under the new regime
Why not submit when appropriate and appeal in Q1 if RC when first submitted?

Probably until everyone gets burned out. I'll likely hang around until 7:30ish because I'm old but just stay as long as you want.

Is Fallout: New Vegas the best game ever? It has a 103.9/10 user rating on Metacritic.

Deus Ex - $3.99
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $4.00
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $7.50 (looks like this is Steam compatible)

r1chard

:also, mindblowing fact no 1 about R18 debate

1. Not 1 senator spoke out against the law before the vote

mindblowing fact no 2

2. Every coalition senator voted for it

Wow. What a "debate".

Oh shit. I thought we had come to a conclusion when I went to bed, everyone had stopped posting.

America must have woken up and ignored all the discussion already done in the thread.
Clearly there's more people needing to feel the banhammer.

The thing is though, the people arguing against her are the same people we were arguing with last night... And they still haven't moved on from the point they were arguing then =/

Jintor

So the article got posted to Kotaku US and I looked down and the comments are full of... people arguing about ESDF vs WASD.

Weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird.

So the article got posted to Kotaku US and I looked down and the comments are full of... people arguing about ESDF vs WASD.

Weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird.

Well, there were a bunch of wasd pictures, for some reason.

Confession: Until recently I used wasd with my right hand, and my left crossed underneath for the mouse.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The place isn't to far from the southern cross station.;p considering going, but it's going be one hell of a undertaking that will require a lot of planning on my part.:) plus my mum already thinks the idea of going to this is crazy.:lol

I will stay until the last soul draws its last breath.

Agyar

Quoting for new page:

MELBGAF
29th of June

WHAT SAY YE:

YEIGH:
Bananaarnie
shanshan
shaneus
Aniseed
Omi
Jambo
Codswallop
Remz

NEIGH:

WHAT SAY YE?
Lafiel?
Ridonkulus?
Megadrive?
Agyar?

Lucky I check this thread occasionally. I may be able to attend.

So gaming press seem to be making snide comments on twitter about the Microsoft surface while actual tech press seem pretty pumped. Depending on price and actual performance it could be an actual opacity competitor.

I was thinking they might make it compatible with 360 controllers letting you play XBLA games, which would have been cool, but nope. If you're reading that Microsoft I demand a cut

Choc

Banned
i hope VG journos in Australia are actually doing their job today ;) and researching hansard for the senate (mr serrels probably is :) )

Thar's gold in them hills

George Brandis said this

"Contrary to some claims, the lack of an R rating for games makes it easy for children to access adult content. Legislating to allow an R18+ category will give consumers clear information, a clearer choice and more confidence in the games they buy for themselves and for their children. On most gaming consoles it is possible to activate parental controls. These controls allow you to set limits on the amount of time and the classifications of games that can be played. Using these controls can assist in enforcing family guidelines on gaming and protect younger gamers from inappropriate material. Some gamers illegally access games that would be classified R18+. It would be better if they were legally available in Australia with the appropriate restrictions, which is what this bill achieves."

A coalition senator with a brain? wow

Choc

Banned
more gold

"Others simply cut their losses and do not introduce the game into Australia. This is bad for the Australian games market, which is growing strongly and is forecast to grow at a rate of about 10 per cent a year, with forecasts predicting that it will reach $2.5 billion annually by 2015. Those are very significant numbers that show what an important industry computer gaming is becoming in our country."

"The opposition recognises the contribution of the game development industry to the Australian economy. We also note that more than 88 per cent of Australian households own a device for playing computer games. Australia has 25 major game development studios, which export over $120 million worth of product a year."

Omikron

i hope VG journos in Australia are actually doing their job today ;) and researching hansard for the senate (mr serrels probably is :) )

Thar's gold in them hills

George Brandis said this

"Contrary to some claims, the lack of an R rating for games makes it easy for children to access adult content. Legislating to allow an R18+ category will give consumers clear information, a clearer choice and more confidence in the games they buy for themselves and for their children. On most gaming consoles it is possible to activate parental controls. These controls allow you to set limits on the amount of time and the classifications of games that can be played. Using these controls can assist in enforcing family guidelines on gaming and protect younger gamers from inappropriate material. Some gamers illegally access games that would be classified R18+. It would be better if they were legally available in Australia with the appropriate restrictions, which is what this bill achieves."

Brandis is the one that blamed the Fairfax stuff on the Carbon Tax? ;)

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/thestump/2012/06/18/george-brandis-the-carbon-price-killed-fairfax/

Agyar

George Brandis said this...

Let's not go overboard here.

Senator BRANDIS (Queensland—Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Senate) (14:23): My question is to the Minister representing the Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Senator Wong. I refer the minister to the announcement by Fairfax Media today that it plans to slash 1,900 jobs and close its Chullora and Tullamarine printing presses by June 2014. Is the minister aware that every significant stage of the Fairfax production chain, from the cost of power to produce newsprint to the cost of fuel to transport that newsprint, to the cost of electricity to operate the printing plants, to the cost of distribution will be directly affected by the carbon tax? Does the minister accept any responsibility for the loss of yet thousands more Australian jobs as a direct result of this toxic tax based on a lie?

Choc

Banned
The Greens speech is pretty much as I thought it would be.

/edit lol, the interjections. I love parliamentary transcripts

as a journo do you agree there is some gold for vg journos in there to write some more about how it all went down

:)

Jintor

as a journo do you agree there is some gold for vg journos in there to write some more about how it all went down

:)

It's more useful for my own article later...

Not sure why these speeches weren't linked from the Bill itself yesterday. I guess the transcripts mustn't have been completed yet. I wonder if they have like an army of typesetters...

legend166

Galaxy S3 arrived this morning before leaving for work. As if my day wasn't going to be bludgy enough (I have that awesome excuse after coming back from holidays of 'just working through the emails'), I'm playing with this phone all day.

r1chard

Galaxy S3 arrived this morning before leaving for work. As if my day wasn't going to be bludgy enough (I have that awesome excuse after coming back from holidays of 'just working through the emails'), I'm playing with this phone all day.
I'm so close to breaking down and getting one. My poor ol' Nexus S is getting a bit battered these days and the S3 is just so big and pretty...

Choc

Banned
It's more useful for my own article later...

Not sure why these speeches weren't linked from the Bill itself yesterday. I guess the transcripts mustn't have been completed yet. I wonder if they have like an army of typesetters...

they must man. The amount of content produced each sitting day is ridiculous. Yesterdays senate journal is about 200 pages

also, they now have live updates on the site to lol, parliament in the 21st century

Choc

Banned
c35a2b54-d245-4146-ac91-87257b1696f4.jpg

lol, where is her skirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom