• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Geeez this Slipper business is getting murkier and murkier. Looks like he was possibly set up in a most dodgy manner if today's reports are anything to go by.

Australian politics in general is heading towards a very dark and ugly place at the moment. There are very few shining lights in any position of prominence, and no real push for things to get better, let alone civil.

There ain't no more light on the hill.

x3n, are you sure the car wasn't out of fuel? The fuel gauge in my car is shot and it exhibited similar problems when it ran out of fuel, while the gauge showed 3/4 full. Give it a minute for everything to settle and it would work fine again.

However having to put the pedal to the floor might mean it's elsewhere. When you did get acceleration, was it smooth or did it stutter?

senahorse

x3n, are you sure the car wasn't out of fuel? The fuel gauge in my car is shot and it exhibited similar problems when it ran out of fuel, while the gauge showed 3/4 full. Give it a minute for everything to settle and it would work fine again.

However having to put the pedal to the floor might mean it's elsewhere. When you did get acceleration, was it smooth or did it stutter?

Definitely wasn't out of fuel, gauge showed about a quarter tank. Started fine, no spluttering, no stalling etc.

When it did accelerate it was like it was rev limited. It was like only having the first inch of travel of the pedal, except it was the last inch. I would say it was the cable but the engine light coming on and it working for a few minutes after turning it off for 15 indicates maybe not. Will be interesting to see what they come back with tomorrow.

Clipper

It's been a while, so... (let me know if I missed anybody changing their attendance status in the last few pages)

Here's all the upcoming AusGAF meetups. Post or PM the organisers if you want to come and aren't listed already...

MelbGAF
Date: Friday, 29th of June
Starting Time: 5PM
Venue: Beer DeLuxe
Organiser: Holycheck

Confirmed: HolyCheck (6:00-), Bananaarnie, shanshan310, Aonshix (5:30-), Aniseed, Omi, jambo, codswallop (4:00-6:00), Remz, Shaneus, Lafiel (+ male progenitor)
Probable: evlcookie (6:00-), Agyar

BrisGAF
Date: Tuesday, 3rd of July
Starting Time: 5:30PM
Venue: Grill'd et al. (meet at Central)
Organiser: shanshan310

Confirmed: Kritz, Clipper, shanshan310, Marshmellow, Gazunta, viciouskillersquirrel + waifu, Rlan (6:00-)
Probable: Fallbackpants, ClivePwned, CrazedProfessional, Bodyboarder, Salazar

Meet at 5:30pm at Central Station around the corner from the ticketing station (on the ATM side, not the news agents / Maccas side). There is a bench there across from the shoe repair / key cutter place that will sit several people comfortably that's hardly ever crowded. Transport info.

BrisGAF Board Games
Date: Wednesday, 4th of July
Starting Time: 6PM
Venue: Marshmellow's place, Toowong (probably)
Main game/s: Uncharted, Munchkin, Game of Thrones Second Edition (time permitting)
Organiser: Marshmellow

Confirmed: Marshmellow, Clipper, shanshan310
Possible: shanhshan's +1, Marsh's buddies

Plenty of space left here for other BrisGAF attendees.

SydGAF Board Games
Date: Saturday, 7th of July
Starting Time: 10AM to whenever
Venue: Clipper's place, Randwick (details via PM)
Main game/s: Game of Thrones Second Edition, Uncharted
Organiser: Clipper

Confirmed: Clipper, Jintor, Rahk
Probable: Danoss, Choc

There's room for 1 more, so indicate your interest fast if you want in!

Shaneus

Mark me down for around 5pm clip. Anyone wanting my mobile to avoid awkwardness finding random net people, pm me.
I'll be shooting for roughly that time, too. I don't want your mobile, though. If I had it, then everyone trying to call you would get me instead! That would actually *add* to the awkwardness.

Definitely wasn't out of fuel, gauge showed about a quarter tank. Started fine, no spluttering, no stalling etc.

When it did accelerate it was like it was rev limited. It was like only having the first inch of travel of the pedal, except it was the last inch. I would say it was the cable but the engine light coming on and it working for a few minutes after turning it off for 15 indicates maybe not. Will be interesting to see what they come back with tomorrow.
could very well be the injectors, had similar thing happen and had to replace a few

Mark me down for around 5pm clip. Anyone wanting my mobile to avoid awkwardness finding random net people, pm me.
Lol. I was worrying a little about how to find everyone... have people managed okay in the past?

I might wear my ear muffs for easier identification, so If you see some lost looking girl wearing ear muffs you'll know what to do.

Or we can have a code word. Actually I really like that idea. Let's do that.

Lol. I was worrying a little about how to find everyone... have people managed okay in the past?
Some of us know each other anyway, in the past people have posted photos of themselves or the shirts they're wearing, or photos of the actual table.

Just look for awkward nerds. It'll either be us or those evil KVM (? I forget) guys.

I'll wear a carnation. Or a hat. Or pants.

I too am aiming for 5pm but mentioned if anyone feels like meeting earlier (like 4-4:30) I'm OK with an excuse to leave work early.

Shaneus

I might wear my ear muffs for easier identification, so If you see some lost looking girl wearing ear muffs you'll know what to do.

I will be wearing a red carnation on my right breast pocket. I will say "Gosh, it is rather cold here in Melbourne, isn't it?". You shall reply "'Tis rather brisk, good sir!". Then, we will secret handshake.

That should do it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If I turn up to melbgaf it won't be until around 6, Probably just after. I have to go back to malvern every friday so i won't be in the city. Walk + train should get me there around 6, Just after.

Could this be the first instance of Clive Palmer being on the right side?

Mr Abbott and Mr Palmer had a stand-up argument in a Melbourne hotel last week over a rule change Mr Palmer wants to raise at this weekend's Liberal Party federal council in Melbourne.
At a press conference in Brisbane this afternoon, Mr Palmer confirmed the two raised voices.

"There certainly was swearing in that meeting and I was certainly guilty of it as well," Mr Palmer said.
"I've got particular views on certain things, he's got particular views and they may be different."

Mr Palmer believes lobbyists should not hold executive positions in the party. This would disqualify Alexander Downer and Queensland powerbroker Santo Santoro serving as party vice- presidents

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...with-abbott-20120626-20zmn.html#ixzz1ythKjfbz

Abbott denied arguing lol

Not having lobbyists in the executive sounds good to me.

Yagharek

there is a rumor that was all fabricated to make Tony look like his own man

Sounds plausible. He and Palmer probably agree on a hell of a lot.

7Lu1H.jpg

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/resonance.html

adventure game that respects your intelligence. worth every penny. buy this game.

I heard a lot about this on twitter when it was released. A friend preordered a box to be delivered lol.

Kritz, I got a FlashBuilder thing going but I have zero clue how to make it compile and show via a projector rather than open up a new tab with the swf embedded. It seems I need to create an air application now? I dunno, it's kind of frustrating. I'm thinking of sticking with Flash Develop (and it's free!)

edit: fuck it, flashdevelop has some annoying things (like not having empty lines and auto-including indents) but its nothing unmanageable.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
MelbGAF
Date: Friday, 29th of June
Starting Time: 5PM
Venue: Beer DeLuxe
Organiser: Holycheck

Confirmed: HolyCheck (6:00-), Bananaarnie, shanshan310, Aonshix (5:30-), Aniseed, Omi, jambo, codswallop (4:00-6:00), Remz, Shaneus
Probable: evlcookie (6:00-), Lafiel, Agyar

Put my status as confirmed :p

Edit - Plus my dad I guess.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wish I was going to slobber on Tim's shoes :( Just not enough time any more :(

Also:
Dead Space 1 is Alien
Dead Space 2 is Aliens

This is so awesome.

Explains why the first is so, so much better.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Your.....dad?
Hey, I need a way of getting to the meet-up somehow!

Honestly it's not a bad idea to take him, esp since he probably has more in common with most of the ausgaffers attending then me. He's like in his early 40s, plays video games, works in I.T, loves technology, skateboards etc.

Shan i will be the single super handsome male walking around. shouldn't be hard to spot me :p

Omikron

I only roughly know what people look like, so will be taking stabs in the dark.

Maybe I should get there first and make people find me? :p

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

Shouldn't be hard to find me. My RL personality is fairly similar to my internet one.. at least I imagine it to be so.

Jintor

Someone hold a sign like the limo drivers for 'the gaf'

Mel Gaffe, brother to Sid Gaffe

I had a really cool fucking dream about the zombie apocolypse last night. All I remember is that the layout was loosely based on my house if it was like 4 times as big and also a videogame level and a mansion and maybe a hotel. We had two garages. The one I managed to get to had an unaccountably large amount of sharp objects around, and my cousin somehow managed to get there to help us out. When I asked him how, my view went into a map's layout mode and showed how he jumped the fence nearby. Things make a lot more sense in dreams before you wake up.

I also dreamt I was playing Max Payne 3 but it looked like Driver San Francisco except the main character kept shooting people in the face for painkillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom