• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Would totally be all up in that BD EC, but the PC version, it beckons...

Bought a Rabbid for my girlfriend as a present. Hopefully I get the one with its mouth open so I can mimic the screams they do and piss her off. :D
And if you piss her off and she leaves you, then I'm sure there are other thinks you could use the open mouth for... right?
pen holder

Clipper

Bought a Rabbid for my girlfriend as a present. Hopefully I get the one with its mouth open so I can mimic the screams they do and piss her off. :D
I considered getting one but decided I didn't really want it and just get Sonic Generations instead. It also gave me a chance to buy Last Story, which I've been meaning to do for a while.

Jintor

I need some light reading for my next kindle book fellas. Whadya recommend. Fiction, non-fiction, I don't care, so long as it's light. I'm doing some law case notes and I probably can't handle anything too convoluted simultaneously.

jambo

I need some light reading for my next kindle book fellas. Whadya recommend. Fiction, non-fiction, I don't care, so long as it's light. I'm doing some law case notes and I probably can't handle anything too convoluted simultaneously.

The Silmarillion

hamchan

The Sense of an Ending is what Idle Thumbs is reading for their book club and it's very short at only 150 pages, so it can't be that convoluted I think.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I forgot bout the idle thumbs book reading club. I guess I either need to grab a kindle or try reading them on my iPad. Will read the stuff on the way to and from work I guess.

I might look more awesome with a kindle. Mmmm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I ended up biting the $10 bullet (I assumed EB no longer sold subs at all, but an extra 80-odd cents a month is nothing), though it doesn't show up under "Active Subscriptions" -- probably because I closed the window after the PayPal payment processed, instead of clicking the redirect link. I've sent off an e-mail.

All is well. I've yet to receive a reply (to be fair, they do mention they aim to get back to you within three business days), but the sub is showing up now.

Yagharek

Perdido Street Station.

Currently reading it. Makes no sense whatsoever, especially if you try and pay attention since it's all unpossible.

I imagine it's the kind of story that, if turned into a film, would test the greatest talents of Jim Henson or Weta Digital, depending on whether they went CGI or live action.

I cannot think of a grimier place in any other kind of fictitious "industrial revolution" style smog city.

Cohsae

The Sense of an Ending is what Idle Thumbs is reading for their book club and it's very short at only 150 pages, so it can't be that convoluted I think.

I'm halfway through it at the moment and it's quite good, although I'm really still in the buildup to the real story.

Choc

Banned
new anti siphoning list is out

FIFA World Cup, Socceroos Matches, all Intl Twenty 20 involving Australia has been added.

as well as this, The Government will be able to Veto exclusive deals. So for example, the NRL probably won't be able to give Fox the AFL exclusive deal that Fox has.

The Government can also demand that the sports be shown live on FTA (wow)

AND, no events can be exclusive to mobile devices. Wow, wow.

Foxtel shall be pissed :) Some people will say this is the government controllnig it to much. I say its stopping us turning into the UK with the Sky situation

The problem with Australia is that Foxtel is not available to a lot of homes, so having things exclusive here like Sky does in the UK, is a very bad thing.

Danoss

I'm going to be checking out Greg Stolze's 'Switchflipped' very shortly. He's very clever and amusing, as demonstrated by him when writing the settings for his RPGs. I have no doubt that his fiction would be any less interesting. It might be worth a read for you at $5.

I've also heard good things about 'Mask of the Other', his newly released story set in the Cthulhu Mythos. He's one of the writers and editors for Unspeakable Oath magazine and is penning the rules for the upcoming Delta Green RPG with Kenneth Hite, who wrote 'Tour de Lovecraft'; no doubt he knows his stuff and would come up with something cool for a story idea.

Anyway, ramblings aside, these aren't likely to appeal to many people in this forum other than me. I thought I'd throw these out there anyway, on the off-chance you or someone else wants to try something new.

Shaneus

33525909.JPG

?

BTW, that book the Thumbs have picked, only 150 pages? The impression I got was that they were going to be fairly decent-sized reads... unless 150 pages is. It's been too long since I've read a book for enjoyment :( God damn there'd better be a digital version though. Be perfect on my Windpad!

legend166

So over the last week or so I've been marathoning the first season of 'Damages' on Netflix.

I just finished the penultimate episode.

This show. Damn. I went searching for GAF discussion and the first season thread is only three pages long. WHY?!? This show is made for GAF.

If you have Netflix, watch it.

Also if you don't have Netflix, get it.

Shaneus

Quality not quantity.
Fair enough! But like I said, I have no idea of what length books are these days... most stuff I've bought over the last five years has been self-help or reference.

Marsh and other PC nerds. It looks like some 680 benchmarks are starting to come out

TweakTown

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36248927&postcount=1478
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36248551&postcount=1473

Going by this image - http://i.minus.com/jXLRrA6VEiGhR.JPG - looks like 12% increase over 7970 at 1920x1200
Both single GPU, yes? If they're both running at around the same temps and same power draw, this could get interesting. But it looks like, clock-for-clock, they're almost identical. And we know that the the 7970 is a beast for overclocking but the 680 is an unknown. Haven't nVidias traditionally been poor in that regard?

Fogz

So over the last week or so I've been marathoning the first season of 'Damages' on Netflix.

This show. Damn. I went searching for GAF discussion and the first season thread is only three pages long. WHY?!? This show is made for GAF.

Hmmm, might have to check it out

markot

Banned

Its amazing, and Glenn Close is amazing in it!

markot

Banned
Abbott sorry for 'target on forehead' comment

Tony Abbott has apologised for saying Prime Minister Julia Gillard had a "target on her forehead" during another heated Question Time in Federal Parliament.

The Opposition Leader interrupted the normal business of Parliament for the 50th time since the election to move a motion aimed at forcing Ms Gillard to apologise for saying there would not be a carbon tax.

He tried to tie federal policies to Saturday's poll in Queensland, declaring it a referendum on the carbon tax and the Prime Minister's integrity.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-22/abbott-apologises-for-target-comment/3906838

durrrrp

Choc

Banned
No wonder his own popularity is going down whilst the Libs is soaring

they have a real fucking problem on their hands with that, especially if the trend continues.

hamchan

Read the first 20 pages before Mr. Kindle decided he wanted a sleep.
Reads like a conversation with my best mate while he is stoned, but without the swearing and insane references.

Not sure I will like.

Yeah I wasn't feeling it for a while. Now that I've finished it's making me think quite a bit about it, not in an angry way like the Mass Effect 3 ending too, which is a good thing I guess.

EDIT: Only problem is I have no idea how Idle Thumbs will make funnies in the book cast with such a book ><.

In more awesome news the worlds best composer has said that EA will "probably" fund Shadows of the Damned 2 which I am going to assume will be out for Christmas!

Also Red Letter Media has made a sluggish entry into the video game review circle. Not sure what they were going for. Hopefully they get someone in with Rich Evans just to be candid about games like the guys do on the awesome Half in the Bag.

In other news it is Friday tomorrow and I am looking forward to sleeping. News will be at 11.

EA will "probably" fund Shadows of the Damned 2 which I am going to assume will be out for Christmas!
Part of the solution right here. Haven't made it much past the first boss yet though. Dark Souls seems to be taking my time at the moment. Just rung the first bell in the Parish Church after fighting dual gargoyles. Great sense of achievement even though I'm sure it's comparatively easy.

Edit: I don't remember Ezio being a part of the Third Echelon, but there you go:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/assassins-creed-revelations-game-ps3-410522

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
This weather on the Sunny Coast has been insane today. Over 200mm since 9am here and just up the road in Kawana has had 350mm. And it's still raining.
I've never seen such localized raining before, just a few kilometers away has had next to no rain (Noosa).

I haven't read GAF in like a week so i don't know if this has been mentioned but does anyone remember the whole thing when kettle chips changed all their flavours?

I mentioned it a few months back, their facebook page basically got blasted. Their chips never really seem sell that well anymore either. Well it looks like they might be bringing the old flavours back. I have been seeing them popping up at my local supermarkets.

Chilli chips are back baby. I'm stocking up in case it's temporary.

Shaneus

I thought they just introduced new ones, not ridding us of the old ones.

On that note, the only chip that ever needs to come back is plain-flavoured Ruffles.

PS. Anything Suda or Mikami can have all my money. ALL MY MONEY. That reminds me... I want my Diabolical Pitch!

PPS. Yamaoka, too. Seriously. Just for being a badass:
yamaoka_04.jpg

PPPS. Suda has a background picture of Control (the story of Ian Curtis) as his Twitter wallpaper? He can have a greater percentage of all of my money.

Rezbit

I haven't read GAF in like a week so i don't know if this has been mentioned but does anyone remember the whole thing when kettle chips changed all their flavours?

I mentioned it a few months back, their facebook page basically got blasted. Their chips never really seem sell that well anymore either. Well it looks like they might be bringing the old flavours back. I have been seeing them popping up at my local supermarkets.

Chilli chips are back baby. I'm stocking up in case it's temporary.

I was in Steam chat and pretty much lost my shit when I found out. Already smashed a 185g bag today. Not bringing all the old flavours back I don't think, just bringing back the chilli.

Deeku

I have not eaten kettles chips in aaaages. I never really liked them though. They were too oily, flavour always seemed too strong, and the chips were always like a scrunched up piece of paper that would cut the shit out of my mouth.

I think they had a pepper flavoured that was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom