• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Non existant so far.

Keep in mind when I flew the otherway I had none either, went straight to work the next morn at 8 then was up till 11pm!

The day is still young though. Ill get a fuic as a pickme up around 2pm

Choc

Banned
unless you flew business class and slept well (and then probably still) about 3pm today its going to hit you like a freight train

Jintor

Arrgh I need to sleep earlier. Have to do an evening jog tonight which will probably end up being an evening walk :|

/edit waking up late is terrible. This is terrible.

jambo

Arrgh I need to sleep earlier.

Same.

When I'm up at my gf's we always get to bed pretty early (9-10ish), but when I'm at home I'll often be on the PC until close to 1am, just because there's chat rooms and the Internet to keep me distracted.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm imagining a turk and carla scenario. Slip her some strong coffee in place of the decaf! But don't yo go mixing them up!

Jintor

I said I'd sleep at 12 yesterday... worked until 1... played Kid Icarus until 2.

I just need to learn some goddamn self-control...

Tried to dig out my original DS box to see if I still had the thumb stylus thing in preparation for Kid Icarus but I have no idea where said box has gone. I never actually used the thing before, but it seems like it'd be the best way to play Uprising to me.

Clipper

3 days until Kid Icarus ....
unless you're jintor or vook

Or me... Currently out for delivery with the courier :D

Tried to dig out my original DS box to see if I still had the thumb stylus thing in preparation for Kid Icarus but I have no idea where said box has gone. I never actually used the thing before, but it seems like it'd be the best way to play Uprising to me.
It was a very love it or hate it type deal. Personally, I loved how Mario 64 controlled with the Thumb Strap. I know that there are some very vocal haters out there for the control style, though. I guess I might try it with KI:U and see how it feels, although I am concerned about the amount of screen that gets blocked when using it (which wasn't a concern for Mario).

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
3 days until Kid Icarus ....
unless you're jintor or vook

Actually I never played it, I gave it to my reviewer (who lives down the road) about 1hr after I got it.

I'm.... busy this week. Doing stuff...

Omikron

** WARNING: Child poop story **

So, hey, apparently this morning my son decided to open the bucket that houses used nappies and eat sultanas found within. All the while spreading crap from one end of his room to the other.

Thankfully I was at work?

Deeku

これは酷い

Edit: so is Kid Icarus good? A podcast I listen to is crazy about it, but I watched a bit of the ql on the weekend and was like ehhhhh. Apparently level 5 is the greatest level in gaming history or something:eek:

Clipper

So guys, anyone want some rubber feet to stop those nasty marks appearing on your 3DS screen? I just bought some of these:
hw046.jpg

and will have way too many. Happy to drop some in envelopes and send some out to other Aussies for enough to cover shipping.

I suppose it'll only cost $1, maybe $1.50 or something and we can settle it via Paypal. Anyone want some?

Yagharek

don't baby koalas eat poop to get their stomach bacteria up and running...

They do transplants of it in humans too. ie transplant a healthy stool into the bowels of someone who has had some serious gut problems. Reasoning behind it is that the donor stool will have all the appropriate bacteria/flora that intestines need to process nutrients. For whatever reason, the recipient has lost a lot of bacteria through chemo or infection and needs it to be reintroduced.

And there is no other more effective way to reintroduce good bacteria than a direct missile insertion.

They do transplants of it in humans too. ie transplant a healthy stool into the bowels of someone who has had some serious gut problems. Reasoning behind it is that the donor stool will have all the appropriate bacteria/flora that intestines need to process nutrients. For whatever reason, the recipient has lost a lot of bacteria through chemo or infection and needs it to be reintroduced.

And there is no other more effective way to reintroduce good bacteria than a direct missile insertion.

I've seen a comic like that

Deeku

I don't understand how post works. A game from playasia (hong kong) shipped 11 days ago and still hasn't arrived. But a game that shipped from Japan took 4 days to arrive. Both using normal airmail:/

But whatever, woo Gravity Daze!

senahorse

Some kind individual has taken it upon themselves to log into my dormant battle.net account, transfer one of my characters, change faction and resubscribe me for a month. While they were at it, it escapes me as to why they couldn't have pre-purchased Diablo 3 for me as well, oh well I guess it's the thought that counts.

remz

So guys, anyone want some rubber feet to stop those nasty marks appearing on your 3DS screen? I just bought some of these:
hw046.jpg

and will have way too many. Happy to drop some in envelopes and send some out to other Aussies for enough to cover shipping.

I suppose it'll only cost $1, maybe $1.50 or something and we can settle it via Paypal. Anyone want some?

right here!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Yay, new arrival...
photo-88.jpg

Also, gotta say I love what they did with the interior box art...
photo-91.jpg

Take out the sleeve and have a look at that.

In other news I have paid off my credit card, this somehow also means I'll have LESS money each fornight now.

In other other news, time to sell my Vita maybe.

How much y'all paid for your Kid Icarus? I've had a 3DS for a while but barely touched it (have Super Mario 3D Land which I've found boring as hell and OOT with is yet to grab me). Bit wary about getting burnt on Kid Icarus too =/

Jintor

How much y'all paid for your Kid Icarus? I've had a 3DS for a while but barely touched it (have Super Mario 3D Land which I've found boring as hell and OOT with is yet to grab me). Bit wary about getting burnt on Kid Icarus too =/

Well, i can tell you that I would have gone to get it in exchange for money at a store. I actually got it because my editor dropped it on my desk.

But I think it is rad as fuck.

Clipper

Take out the sleeve and have a look at that.
I already had done that, it does look nice, but I didn't want to spoil it for others :p.

Mine cost me US$46.12 including its part in the shipping form Amazon, but that's probably not really going to help you as it's the US version and unplayable on Aussie-bought 3DSes.

Had my best mate down for Sunday night. He has lost a ton of weight and now weighs less than me which is a bit worrying since I was always the tall guy and he was the fat guy. I also ordered some clothing in medium so hopefully it will be enough to kick my arse into gear. He lost 25kg in the last 3 months just from skipping and doing pushups twice a day. Still drinks like a goanna and eats huge meals.

Any way, we picked up a bunch of random beers at Dan's for us to try out, some I had already tried.

8PKCQ.jpg

*Not a bad pear cider, a bit flat and bland compared to even Monteith's. Would be much easier to drink a dozen of though as it is easier on the tastebuds and stomach.
*More like Double Cocoa Bean Stout. Tastes great but should be marketed as more of a Coffee beer than Chocolate as I would never refer to it as such. Nice and smooth while still having that stout kick. Highly, highly recommend.
*One of the best ginger beers I have ever had. Refreshing and tasty without being tart or having a spice after-taste. Will be picking up a heap next summer as a perfect alternative to drinking cider.

Off to a great start! Unfortunately they were the pick of the bunch right out of the gates

2i0wU.jpg

*Pretty good pale ale, nice and crisp while still having a good kick to it.
*Really good pale ale, really smooth and went down really quick. Much more refreshing than the other three.
*Decent but not fantastic. Was kind of bland. Workman like and was alcoholic while not tasting like soapy water or cat piss.

*Bit of a strange one. Certainly one of those craft beers you would enjoy more on site than opening up at home. Not something I would drink much of but I can't really say anything bad about it which is a good sign.
*Not good. Won't drink again. Was hoping to find a nice pilsener but it is poopsener.

Drank them to the tunes of an Archer marathon. Good times were had by all even if the selection was a bit of a slow descent from a great start.

Paging Shaneus and lovers of The League. Mark Duplass is pretty prolific and has written and directed a heap of movies with his brother, the latest staring Jason Segel and Ed Helms which looks pretty good. I didn't know they did the quirky Cyrus with Jonah Hill, John C Reilly & Marisa Tomei too.

F25t1.png

Zavvi Sale
Kid Icarus (with the stand) on 3DS for $47
Final Fantasy 13-2 on PS3/360 for $24
Gears of War 3 on 360 for $24
Forza 4 on 360 for $24
SWTOR (UK edition) on PC for $32
Zavvi exclusive MGS HD Collection LE (steelbook, T-shirt, 250pg art book) for PS3/360 for $90
AssCree REVALTIONS on PS3/360 for $32

...more to come after dinner!

MelbGAF! Lord of the Fries half price, Cone of Fries for $3. Not at Flinders St though which is stupid.

If you feel the need to buy a PS Vita locally this Good Guys deal with a 4Gb card and Little Deviants is pretty good for $369.

The Liberals need Turnbull again. I'd vote for him, or someone like Julie Bishop, I guess.
jcMZV.gif

Can't imagine a world run by Bishop. I mean, I can, but I have spent years of therapy trying to pretend it could never happen.

I said I'd sleep at 12 yesterday... worked until 1... played Kid Icarus until 2.

I just need to learn some goddamn self-control...
Pfft! You're young, make the most of it. Won't always have the chance to stay up late playing games and be fancy free.

They have these clocks with alarms these days.
They have phones with clocks and alarms in them these days.

** WARNING: Child poop story **

So, hey, apparently this morning my son decided to open the bucket that houses used nappies and eat sultanas found within. All the while spreading crap from one end of his room to the other.

Thankfully I was at work?
That is why we keep that shit in a closed rubbish bin in the laundry and from day one the little guy knows not to touch it lest Oscar the grouches cousin 'Actual grouchy Olivia' pop out and eat him alive.

Also, gotta say I love what they did with the interior box art...
photo-91.jpg
Great use of the environmental packaging. Nintendo have always been great with their packaging.

Rezbit

Reptile I LOVE Pepperjack Ale! It is seriously one of my favourite beers. So different...so citrusy. Damn now I'm thirsty and it's only Monday night D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom