• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

Based on QLD i predict Julia will not lead labor to the next election

but it won't be rudd replacing her
Don't forget that Beattie winning QLD 2001 in a landslide (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensland_state_election,_2001) happened right before Howard won federal 2001 with a swing towards him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_federal_election,_2001). Also the states were 100% Labor during a lot of Howards reign.

I don't think Labor is very likely to win the next federal election, but not because of how they perform at a state level. The two are often very different.

Edit: Also, the QLD LNP victory is almost certainly down to Palmer power: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-26/palmer-hints-cia-claims-were-a-ploy/3913574

Choc

Banned
if this means a free RSA Token it may be ok

Australia Post Digital MailBox will support multi-factor authentication to ensure it's secure

Darklord

Banned
Changing everything to a new email is such a pain. I never knew how much stuff I had linked with that email. Ebay, Paypal, facebook, twitter, dozens of sites, xbox live, uh.

Looks like my box of creme eggs came. I'll post pics once I get them from the post office.

<immature>

Check and Shanshan sitting in a tree :p

</immature>

hahaha

But check has cooties, ew.

Some kind individual has taken it upon themselves to log into my dormant battle.net account, transfer one of my characters, change faction and resubscribe me for a month. While they were at it, it escapes me as to why they couldn't have pre-purchased Diablo 3 for me as well, oh well I guess it's the thought that counts.

Careful, I keep getting emails like that ("someone has hacked your account" etc) and I don't HAVE a battle.net account.

Choc

Banned
Fred there is many similarities to QLD Labor and Federal Labors position

Anna after 3 months last time announced sale of assets that she did not take to the election

but perhaps the one that got he rthe most was this quote last campaign

'the fuel subsidy is here to stay'

she dumped it 6 months later

Sounds a bit like the Carbon Tax situation huh? :) thats why people are drawing parralels to what JG could expect

markot

Banned
Fred there is many similarities to QLD Labor and Federal Labors position

Anna after 3 months last time announced sale of assets that she did not take to the election

but perhaps the one that got he rthe most was this quote last campaign

'the fuel subsidy is here to stay'

she dumped it 6 months later

Sounds a bit like the Carbon Tax situation huh? :) thats why people are drawing parralels to what JG could expect

How long was QLD Labor in power?

More Zavvi goodness

F25t1.png

Driver San Fran on 360 for $21
Shadows of the Damned on 360 for $18
Alpha Protocol on 360 for $16
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II on 3DS for $32
Halo CE AE on 360 for $32
Uncharted 3 on PS3 for $32
Wipeout 2048 on PSVita for $38
Modnation Racers on PSVita for $38

Why dont you use disposable nappies?!
Aldi disposable nappies are the bees knees. So awesome.

Bah, why not? Going on 36 this year *yelp* and still gaming like I was when I was 16, and plan to still be doing the same with I am 46, 56 and so on ;)
I meant more that since I have gotten a full time job and a wife and son I find it hard to find time for gaming sessions that I had 5 or so years ago. Can't just sit in front of the computer for 12 hours straight or play until 3am on a weeknight since I have to get to work by 8am.

Choc

Banned
im quite pleased with what BOF announced last week except one thing

an investigation into whether 40s outside schools should be 24/7

WHAT THE FUCK

Omikron

WHAT THE FUCK

Why not? Saves confusion and not like doing 40 for a few hundred metres is a big issue.

WHAT THE FUCK

Would prefer a solution where we have BETTER DRIVERS ON THE FUCKING ROAD. Everyone should have to take driving lessons and penalties for offences should be harsher.

Would prefer a solution where we have BETTER DRIVERS ON THE FUCKING ROAD. Everyone should have to take driving lessons and penalties for offences should be harsher.

The amount of people who don't know how to indicate astounds me. Maybe instead of a fine they should have to pay to take lessons, or both.

Choc

Banned
Why not? Saves confusion and not like doing 40 for a few hundred metres is a big issue.

because 40 zones during peak hour on sydneys arterial roads will make it even WORSE than it already is

3am 40 on a road that is usually 70, is dumb.

i am already firmly of the belief that school zones shouldnt apply to high schools, because if you dont know how the fuck to go over the road, fuck off out of year 7

because 40 zones during peak hour on sydneys arterial roads will make it even WORSE than it already is

3am 40 on a road that is usually 70, is dumb.

There's a permanent one near my place. Outside of school times I do 60 like on the rest of that road because screw that.

I also agree with your ninja edit Choc. If you don't know how to cross the road as a high schooler then you've probably got more serious problems.

i am already firmly of the belief that school zones shouldnt apply to high schools, because if you dont know how the fuck to go over the road, fuck off out of year 7

I don't think the 40 rule applies at my old high school - no signs about. Stupid high school kids continue to run across it at peak hour though (its a four lane street). If they get run over I'd have very little sympathy for them. The crossing is RIGHT THERE.

Choc

Banned
There are school zones in sydney that have overpasses over the road THAT STILL HAVE 40 LIMITS

if that isn't ridiculous, i dont know what is

Deeku

I've known one of the ex guitarists of sleepmakeswaves since kindy, go me!

You guys sure are tough on highschoolers, yr 7-9 are still kids that know nothing!

Salazar

You say "burning hot", but it being Britain in march I'm not so sure I believe you...

Well, it was freezing at 8 when I went for breakfast, and then I loitered around inside a hotel eating divine sandwiches for about an hour and a half, and when I came out it felt like it was boiling. I dunno. Maybe it's only 25 or something. But it's the change that gets you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom