• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

The way he is going Murdoch is going to be banned from running businesses in UK

he funded and ran a website that provided live streams and unlock codes for skys biggest competitor, ITV Digital during the time it ran

ITV digital went broke due to piracy

FUNDED BY MURDOCH.

BAM

Murdoch advocating piracy? What a hypocrite.

Yagharek

I'm going on a minor SNES hunt again. Ordered a copy of Flashback which I also just learnt is not the sequel to Another World. Which I'll hunt down too. Need another controller too.

It is, so quote away :lol

Well, that's assuming there is anything worth reading in the first place. The Wiggles' Treatise on Quantum Chromodynamics in a post-M-Brane Topological Landscape would be a more likely publication than a piece of good writing on anything from News Ltd "journalists". Does Jim Sterling write for them I wonder...

jambo

Well, that's assuming there is anything worth reading in the first place. The Wiggles' Treatise on Quantum Chromodynamics in a post-M-Brane Topological Landscape would be a more likely publication than a piece of good writing on anything from News Ltd "journalists". Does Jim Sterling write for them I wonder...

There' not.

I only ever use it for the Breaking News page, and these days Twitter, Facebook and other news sites are better and faster.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Goddamn Tweetbot need an OSX App so I all my muted hastags and URL's can fuck off. Fucking pinterest. Fuck off.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I've just gone from a 17" old macbook to a slightly newer 15" macbook and I think I want to go back.

It's snappier though but oh man I miss the screen real estate especially when having to deal with spreadsheets and switching between application windows.

See If I can get used to it D:

Shaneus

JET have disbanded...

3WoJ7.jpg
Option 1: I thought he "disbanded" a while ago?
Option 2: How will I stay up-to-date with important Afro-American-centric news now?

Take your pick.

Fredescu

it seems to be around the way he handled the removal of Lan servers from MW2
It's nothing that specific. Every single perceived fault with IW's CoD games are blamed on him because he's the public face. Overpowered perks and weapons and such. The nature of the game attracts aggressive competitive types, resulting in these sort of comments.

Clipper

SydGAF Board Gamers... there is a possibility that this may arrive by our gaming day on Sunday:
discworldboardgamecover.jpg
discworldboardgameplayh.jpg

Fingers crossed! Not sure if you guys are Discworld fans either, but apparently the game isn't too bad even if you aren't familiar with the lore.

Unfortunately, BanShunsaku can't make it (very busy) and probably won't be able to make any Sunday ones for a while, unfortunately. Everybody else has already confirmed, though: Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic, Jintor, Rahk.

And as always, if others are interested in joining in, let us know.

Yagharek

1it.png

Forgot to carry the 2.

I reckon if newspapers are going to make reports that are sensationalised in any way, the follow-up corrections should by law be made to be equally prominent. So if the original story was on page 5 and took up a single column for half the page - that's where it should go.

If it's a front page story that is blatantly wrong due to lack of fact checking, then the correction should be taking up the exact same size on the front page as well.

Seeing as this story relates to the australian's favourite infrastructure scheme (i.e the NBN) then I expect this would make it a front page fuck up.

Regulations like that would at least make sure that facts were checked and double checked.

Ydahs

I didn't find any of these funny or awesome. Sorry man.
Really? I guess you've got to know the lecturers to really appreciate the videos then. A lot of the jokes were related to the course, but the fact that they got up their and did that is pretty awesome.

Both are incredibly entertaining lecturers (and are soon the be the heads of departments).
You're giving me an even worse impression of engineering students. :/
Ah c'mon we're not that bad!

I reckon if newspapers are going to make reports that are sensationalised in any way, the follow-up corrections should by law be made to be equally prominent. So if the original story was on page 5 and took up a single column for half the page - that's where it should go.

If it's a front page story that is blatantly wrong due to lack of fact checking, then the correction should be taking up the exact same size on the front page as well.

Seeing as this story relates to the australian's favourite infrastructure scheme (i.e the NBN) then I expect this would make it a front page fuck up.

Regulations like that would at least make sure that facts were checked and double checked.

Report Of The Independent Inquiry Into The Media And Media Regulation said:
In a newspaper, the reply would need a degree of prominence commensurate with the prominence of the original report...

Seems to agree with you.

Mass Effect 1/2 ($5.99) and Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe ($8.99) Download from Amazon

BigW: A Classic Case of Dr Seuss (Set of 20 Books) - $50 In Store or Free Delivery

Also half price DLC for Bioshock 2 on 360. Go go Minerva's Den for 400!

1it.png

Forgot to carry the 2.
That is pretty fucking disgusting

SydGAF Board Gamers... there is a possibility that this may arrive by our gaming day on Sunday:
discworldboardgamecover.jpg
discworldboardgameplayh.jpg

Fingers crossed! Not sure if you guys are Discworld fans either, but apparently the game isn't too bad even if you aren't familiar with the lore.
That is pretty fucking awesome

midonnay

1it.png

Forgot to carry the 2.

I've been reading the Australian for years.....but its pretty disgraceful the amount of half-truths bordering on flat out lies they've been peddling about the NBN.

eg: day before/on the federal election they had a story about how every household would have to pay thousands of dollars to rewire their homes even though most people just use wifi routers.

Clipper

That is pretty fucking awesome

Discworld is utterly brilliant!

Have either of you played the game, or are you reacting just on the fact that it's a Discworld board game, like I did? I didn't even know it existed, until Sunday last week, but I saw an image of it in passing and then I knew I pretty much had to get it. After checking out a few reviews to prove that it wasn't crap, the purchase was made!

Rahk

On that note, I might not be able to make it after all. Turns out it's my cousin's birthday.

Discworld board game looks awesome though. :(

Jintor

Heh, I guess it's lucky I decided to post it. Wouldn't want you to cancel on us with late notice a third time in a row...

No offence, I just find it funny :p

None taken. Aside from anything else though, I don't really like leaving the house on weekends... especially when I have this mountain of uni work to get through.

Yagharek

I've been reading the Australian for years.....but its pretty disgraceful the amount of half-truths bordering on flat out lies they've been peddling about the NBN.

eg: day before/on the federal election they had a story about how every household would have to pay thousands of dollars to rewire their homes even though most people just use wifi routers.

Just because it's a broadsheet doesn't seem to stop the australian from being of the same base level as most other news ltd tabloids. They still peddle the same rubbish, only with an expanded vocabulary.

That is pretty fucking disgusting

But it's never surprising to see their lies exposed.

Seems to agree with you.

As well they should.

Shaneus

For all you Diablo/Titan Quest/Torchlight lovers out there, Path of Exile (currently in closed beta), the F2P ARPG by some guys in New Zealand, are having an open-to-the-public weekend this weekend. http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/

Might be cool to party up with a few people if anyone is interested.
Has there been any word on Torchlight 2 yet? I remember they were shooting for Christmas 2011, but that's slipped at least once, possibly multiple times :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SUPER A CLASH OF KINGS SPOILERS DO NOT HIGHLIGHT

Despite my better judgment, for a second there I honestly thought he'd killed Bran off-screen. Theon's chapters are all so damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom