• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Because they're five dollars a battery? Trust a photo nerd to recommend much better gear than someone needs. :p

As opposed to how much per battery for Eneloops? The little extra cash (or less cash depending on where you shop) makes a huge difference when you're talking 20% more power per battery.

I was concerned the lack of number pad would be a problem, but it's been an improvement for me because of the extra desk space.

I hear that. I would want the same if it weren't for the big compromise.

As opposed to how much per battery for Eneloops? The little extra cash (or less cash depending on where you shop) makes a huge difference when you're talking 20% more power per battery.
Big difference for a flash, sure, probably not as big for a controller which, for me, lasts a couple of weeks to months between changes.

I bought sixteen Eneloops for $30 I think? Dick Smith had some deal a while back (hi Rep!).

Danoss

Big difference for a flash, sure, probably not as big for a controller which, for me, lasts a couple of weeks to months between changes.

I bought sixteen Eneloops for $30 I think? Dick Smith had some deal a while back (hi Rep!).

That's when they were on special though, hardly a point of contention. On that site, dollar for dollar the Imedions win, because the price is the same, and the price is not that dissimilar elsewhere.

On the controller point, sure, it's not going to matter that much. Outside of that, using them in different applications, you'll see a marked difference

jambo

Yeah, I could buy the wireless controller and all these batteries and shit, or I could just, I dunno, buy the cheaper wired controller and be done with it.

High Res Texture pack for freeeeeeeeeeeeee! Everything else nope.

Yeah, I could buy the wireless controller and all these batteries and shit, or I could just, I dunno, buy the cheaper wired controller and be done with it.

Pfft! Why don't we all go back to living in the year 2000 then!

Fuck that! I love my Wavebird et al.

remz

The cable in my wired controller broke. :(

then again i have like 3 non working xb 360 batteries around the house too....

Danoss

Pfft! Why don't we all go back to living in the year 2000 then!

Fuck that! I love my Wavebird et al.

For consoles, I thought wireless controllers was a great thing. No worries about some drunken fool or parent passing through the lounge room tripping on a cable.

For a PC, I don't see the big deal, except if you bring in the lounge room situation again. You're tied down to a desk and chair where the computer needs a power cable and the monitors need power and video cables. Your keyboard and mouse rarely leave a fixed position on the desk, why the sudden need for wireless? A needless complication to solve a problem that didn't exist.

Finally caught up on AusGAF, been preoccupied lately.

I never should have doubted the people who loved the first single off the Bloc Party album. Still not a fan of that track but the rest of the album is FANTASTIC.

Basically any news that has come out of QLD since the election.

EDIT: I didn't read that the right way >_<

Hated that track and the video. Will check out the album though, thanks for the reminder.

Tried to watch one about Van Gogh the other night. Couldn't do it. Too much cheese.

Nice to hear it confirmed finally, was going to pick up the Vita version either way.

That episode is heaps good! pfft

I feel really weird tonight. Kinda half depressed even though a whole bunch of pretty good stuff happened today.

Mmm I started uni again yesterday and live on campus. It's been 3 months since I've been here so it's been heaps of fun catching up with everyone and I'm happy as larry. But when I go to my room for 5 seconds and be alone I get down and start aching for a girl I left at home.

I kinda just hijacked your comment which is completely unrelated ha

Yagharek

Doctor Who is the greatest show on telly.

I loved the Big Bang 2 episode last night. So much fun with causality sequences and some very smart flashbacks to subtle breadcrumbs through the series.

It's as good an episode as Blink.

Jintor

Mmm I started uni again yesterday and live on campus. It's been 3 months since I've been here so it's been heaps of fun catching up with everyone and I'm happy as larry. But when I go to my room for 5 seconds and be alone I get down and start aching for a girl I left at home.

I kinda just hijacked your comment which is completely unrelated ha

lol, well I did go just back to uni, and I pining about a girl, so clearly we're on a psychic wavelength or suchlike.

Re: controllers, I like to go with wireless ones because I have buckets of rechargable batteries right by my desk.

markot

Banned
Some of the PC types in general threads are the reason pc gaming has such a bad rep >.> benchmark after benchmark, who cares!

Go for info about a game, come with more benchmark screens then screen shots, and no actual talking about the gameplay >.<

Card Boy

Banned
That game informer deal seems pretty good if you plan on trading heaps of crap in.

Why do i have a level 1 card?

wiZNy.png

bnr-ebworld-tiers.jpg

You get like 10bucks back.

Axiom

Red Dwarf is amazing and Doctor Who is probably my favourite show of all time - and that was even before it got me laid.

I want the new Transformers and Sleeping Dogs, can afford neither. Damn money!

Jaffe can suck my dick.

mine too. Not only does 'girlfriend mode' suggest that girls are bad at games, it also implies that the only reason girls would game is because they have a gamer boyfriend.

Political Correctness has been 90% fantastic for our society because before you know it, it stops being 'politically correct' and -rightly so- simply becomes folks being treated with respect. But the remaining 10% has really done a hack job to our culture, neutering the fuck out our ability to acknowledge things as the way they truly are.

How does this even relate to the term 'girlfriend mode' at all? =/

Jintor

Actually his response reads that Wildgoose misquoted and misrepresented him. Saying that he made it up.

Which is bizarre because the context of most of what he is responding to is not actually about Jaffe and his opinions, but largely about the term 'girlfriend mode' in and of itself.

...I think. I'm in a litigation lecture right now so I might be totally thorough.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
All the hubris surrounding this dumb 'girlfriend mode' controversy can be boiled down to: "Hey, Hemingway, your nickname for this mode is kinda dumb. Maybe don't mention it in interviews." That's it.

All the hubris surrounding this dumb 'girlfriend mode' controversy can be boiled down to: "Hey, Hemingway, your nickname for this mode is kinda dumb. Maybe don't mention it in interviews." That's it.

Right here. How about Novice Mode? Or, and this could just be a bit too radical, 'easy'?

Which is bizarre because the context of most of what he is responding to is not actually about Jaffe and his opinions, but largely about the term 'girlfriend mode' in and of itself.

...I think. I'm in a litigation lecture right now so I might be totally thorough.

It seems like Jaffe has taken the whole thing really personally. Which is bizarre because it's barely about him. He claims Wildgoose is jumping to conclusions and then jumps to his own. His blog post really reads like someone who is pissed off rather than someone who is making a rational point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom