• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Oh, I'll be fine, I finished a draft for one assignment tonight and I'm going to be working on another all day tommorrow anyway. I'm just working a few weeks ahead of schedule because everything's bunched up together and I've still got an article to write for Goose in a while's time.

Kritz

Banned
dnctF.png

g65DI.png

My dumb game thing is somehow coming along despite not actually knowing what I'm even making. Adhoc design. Or something. I'm kind of depressed that I still have such a huge way to go in terms of programming skills before I can actually make anything decent without just an incredible amount of bugs.

Current build is here, if anyone's interested. Requires Unity Web Player. WASD to move, Mouse1 to pick up things, Spacebar for a weird prototyping "vault" mechanic. Currently no objective or reason to play. >_>

Shaneus

i have a spare dark souls steam key

prove to me you deserve it somehow
I'll have it if Jintor has other obligations. I know next-to-nothing about it except for the fact that it's supposed to be fairly brutal as far as mechanics go... and that the PC version only runs at something like 1024x720 out of the box. So if you feel I deserve it (in a negative way, like you hate me and think I need to be punished) then go for it!

But I also have shitloads of other games that are waiting to be played so it sounds like Jinty may be more deserving. If not, I'm available :)

Nexus 7 (using it right now!) is about $320 for the 16GB from big box stores.
So, is it like... a mini-tablet kinda thing? Like, the size of a Kindle (give or take) but with the functionality of a fully-fledged Android tab? Hmm. More shit I think I need but don't really. Damnit.

3G? Expandable storage or USB ports? 1080P MKV-playing?

Rezbit

Choc don't listen to these clowns. I have had at least 10 beers so am pretty much willing to do anything right now. Think of all the times I listened to you in chat, all those epic rants.

I love you man.

Gazzawa

Choc don't listen to these clowns. I have had at least 10 beers so am pretty much willing to do anything right now. Think of all the times I listened to you in chat, all those epic rants.

I love you man.

i commend you for being able to type so legibly after this much. i struggle with coherent sentences after too much caffeine. bravo.

So, is it like... a mini-tablet kinda thing? Like, the size of a Kindle (give or take) but with the functionality of a fully-fledged Android tab? Hmm. More shit I think I need but don't really. Damnit.

3G? Expandable storage or USB ports? 1080P MKV-playing?
It's just a 7" tablet. Same functionality as a normal 10" one but much more convenient to carry around the house. With 10" you usually need a table or lap, with a 7" you can just carry it. It weighs about half as much as an iPad.

Only wireless, not expandable, no USB. Plays 1080p stuff fine.

It's just a 7" tablet. Same functionality as a normal 10" one but much more convenient to carry around the house. With 10" you usually need a table or lap, with a 7" you can just carry it. It weighs about half as much as an iPad.

Maaaaan. I want one. But I'm going to wait for the Surface. My dad has a Kindle Fire and despite its locked out limitations the size is fucking awesome. It's almost the entire reason I'd get a Nexus. Also the price. And features.

But the Surface also looks pimp. Assuming it doesn't cost a metric shit load.

Shaneus

It does sound like a good size (I'm assuming the mini-iPad is shooting for the same thing?) but yeah, don't really need it... especially given how much I'm using my current (BIIIIG) Windpad tablet.

Ooh, that reminds me... can install the full Win8 on it now!

Omikron

Maaaaan. I want one. But I'm going to wait for the Surface. My dad has a Kindle Fire and despite its locked out limitations the size is fucking awesome. It's almost the entire reason I'd get a Nexus. Also the price. And features.

But the Surface also looks pimp. Assuming it doesn't cost a metric shit load.
Surface will probably cost as much as an ipad.

Also rip Neil Armstrong.

Jintor

rip Neil, rip.

I had the most terrifying Inception-esque dream, only none of it was about 'waking up from a dream' as such, it was just really difficult to convince myself it was dreaming and then the dream would effortlessly flow into another in sequence. If any of you are interested in dream advice: don't play a version of poker where you drop cards in the toilet. I don't know why this happened, but my subconscious made it happen.

Also, rejection hurts even when it's your own brain doing it to you.

I don't think there will be 7" Surfaces, at least at launch. The main advantage of a 7" device is the size and convenience it offers. A mini iPad will do the same thing if you prefer iOS. Which I don't.

I don't think there will be 7" Surfaces, at least at launch. The main advantage of a 7" device is the size and convenience it offers. A mini iPad will do the same thing if you prefer iOS. Which I don't.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're actually bigger than iPads too. I'm not a fan of iOS at all. I'd prefer Windows (Metro is rad on my phone, shame about the phone itself) but Andriod would be the back up option I guess

midonnay

A problem with mkvs and android is that most of the free players have removed support for DTS and ac3 innately due to licencing issues

But there is a simple workaround for diceplayer

Yagharek

rip Neil, rip.

I had the most terrifying Inception-esque dream, only none of it was about 'waking up from a dream' as such, it was just really difficult to convince myself it was dreaming and then the dream would effortlessly flow into another in sequence. If any of you are interested in dream advice: don't play a version of poker where you drop cards in the toilet. I don't know why this happened, but my subconscious made it happen.

Also, rejection hurts even when it's your own brain doing it to you.

I had a terrible dream last night too.

April 19, Wii U Australian release.

Ignoring the stupid text, what the hell is up with this sign?!

524459_292350294205551_1746497528_n.jpg

i commend you for being able to type so legibly after this much. i struggle with coherent sentences after too much caffeine. bravo.
lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Stupid coffee, why do you taste so good?!
The Walking Dead is a very, very good video game. You should all play it.

Its amazing!!!!!! The back to the future game those guys made was also pretty rad. Original actors any everything!

Hot chocolate>coffee.

Darwins>Merlos.

You shut your goddamn whore mouth.

I don't think I've ever tried Darwins and I do quite enjoy the odd hot chocolate

I've never been to Merlos, the queue is always too long. Darwins is great though, as is Wordsmiths.

Chai>>>> everything.

Wordsmiths always used to suck. Burnt coffee, shitty service. Good milkshakes though. Merlos is awesome. Campos is even better though

Jintor

Fuck! FUCK THE FUCKING FUCK. I just want to fucking play Dark Souls. Fucking Games for Fucking Windows Fucking Live. God fucking damnit.

Wordsmiths always used to suck. Burnt coffee, shitty service. Good milkshakes though. Merlos is awesome. Campos is even better though

I've only ever had milkshakes there :p must be why. It seems like they rebuilt it when they rebuilt the coop bookstore though...? (not sure) Where's Campos?

Jintor

What is it this time?

It's rejecting the gfwl cd key, though steam accepted the steam cd key... oh, and it thinks it's already been tied to an account, even though I haven't linked it to an account yet... oh, and i can't even tell if I can log into my account through the game browser as opposed to online because all GFWL games demand you tie them to an account when you log in and I don't want to tie it to the wrong account

Why can't I just check what fucking Account the game's been tied to online or some shit? Fuck this shit

I've only ever had milkshakes there :p must be why. It seems like they rebuilt it when they rebuilt the coop bookstore though...? (not sure) Where's Campos?

Shit. I know there's one in the Valley. But I found a random one somewhere the other day but I can't for the life of me remember where it was. Anyway it's great coffee. Really smooth.

I think by the time they built the Coop book shop Wordies had burnt their bridges with me coffee wise. Which was a shame for them because I lived on campus. I really wanted awesome coffee. Eventually they opened Grinders almost directly across the road from me and I virtually lived there.

Jintor

I want to fucking kill someone. 30 minutes on internet chat hold only be told that Xbox support doesn't handle GFWL support NEVERMIND THAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME FUCKING INTEGRATED SERVICE. Call up GFWL Au support, wait for 20 minutes on hold and it turns out they're on fucking Maintenance and can't access any LIVE details right now and will only be able to 'sometime within 24 hours'. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU AND FUCK THE FUCKING HORSE YOU RODE IN ON. Why is this key that I just got already registered to an account when Steam let it register straight off. Why doesn't your client automatically update to reflect the server account details. Why is Microsoft's internal infrastructure the worst piece of shit creation in the history of man?!?!?

Find me the man who invented Games for Windows Live and I will show you someone who deserves to be shoved up his own rectum.

Wow, that is such bullshit. it probably would have been easier to play a crack! Is it possible it's not working because you put the key in on steam? If it's any consolation, I imagine this frustration you feel is similar to the feeling you will get playing dark souls.

Ugh. People who smoke absolutely stink. There's a dude two seats behind me on the bus who must have lit up recently, and the smell is so strong it's almost vomit inducing.

Yagharek

Wow, that is such bullshit. it probably would have been easier to play a crack! Is it possible it's not working because you put the key in on steam? If it's any consolation, I imagine this frustration you feel is similar to the feeling you will get playing dark souls.

Maybe its a sanity effect.

Eternal Dark Souls

Jintor

The steam key is an entirely different key to the GFWL key

now i can't even, like, buy another copy or something because i already have dark souls on my steam account! nevermind that i can't actually play the game.

Shaneus

I want to fucking kill someone. 30 minutes on internet chat hold only be told that Xbox support doesn't handle GFWL support NEVERMIND THAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME FUCKING INTEGRATED SERVICE. Call up GFWL Au support, wait for 20 minutes on hold and it turns out they're on fucking Maintenance and can't access any LIVE details right now and will only be able to 'sometime within 24 hours'. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU AND FUCK THE FUCKING HORSE YOU RODE IN ON. Why is this key that I just got already registered to an account when Steam let it register straight off. Why doesn't your client automatically update to reflect the server account details. Why is Microsoft's internal infrastructure the worst piece of shit creation in the history of man?!?!?

Find me the man who invented Games for Windows Live and I will show you someone who deserves to be shoved up his own rectum.
Is this the copy of Dark Souls you didn't pay for?

Jintor

Is this the copy of Dark Souls you didn't pay for?

Admittedly so.

I don't see how Choc could use the key because the GFWL key is tied to the Steam key, and I registered the Steam key fine.

Here's how it goes: you register the steam key and it adds Dark Souls to your Steam account, generating a GFWL key (or something?) which you should then be able to use to log into GFWL. Except I can't.

Shaneus

Admittedly so.

I don't see how Choc could use the key because the GFWL key is tied to the Steam key, and I registered the Steam key fine.

Here's how it goes: you register the steam key and it adds Dark Souls to your Steam account, generating a GFWL key (or something?) which you should then be able to use to log into GFWL. Except I can't.
Ohhhh. See, I was only being a smartarse (complaining about a free game that wouldn't register etc.) but I can see your frustration if you were given the key assuming it would work but didn't. Beats the shit out of me how you could be given a key for something within Steam that you registered, but doesn't register within that game's own online service.

Do you know if there are other ways to register that key without going into the game? It'd be handy to try something online via a browser (or something) just to see if you get a different error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom