• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

These days I'm not surprised. Given her profits come solely from minerals on crown land that was previously stolen from various aboriginal people, the best way to describe ms rinehart would be as a greedy little tick.

She's certainly fattened up like one. Now she's spitting her poison back into the place that fed her.

Next reality show can be Gina stripped of all her money and assets, her job, her business contacts and can begin working for below minimum wage. She can show us all how to become rich by just working hard.

Tons of discounts on XBL Marketplace. Stacking is 300 allards! Geo Wars Evolved 2 for 400 allards!
Sleeping Dogs for $35 at GMG, DOGS-E1V8A-9R1HX
All GMG games at 25% off, GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G

ALSO DISHONOURED IS UP ON GMG SO THAT MEANS CHEAP PRICE! YAY!
Oh wait, $60. Hmm, to try the coupon and pre-order for $45 or wait an see if a better deal happens before middle of October like they did with Sleeping Dogs?

What would make that even better is somewhere that had points cards on sale. No one does :( should have stocked up I suppose.
edit: if 249 US includes a game I'm sold.... thats dirt cheap.

Will almost instabuy for that kind of money

Kirby102

Awwww yeahhhh, connected to Telstra Cable Broadband woo! averaging in 60mbps ...for some reason :( meant to be 100mbps, but heaps better than OptusNet (was on 20mbps).

Yagharek

so.. 3 consoles

DC was $499
Wii and n64 were $399
Xbox and 360 were $649
Ps2 was $749
Ps3 was $999
GC was the sole exception, and that's because it got dropped from $399 to 329 before launch when Xbox flopped and had a massive price crash to $399 within two months.

Wii U will be under $500 but over $350 I bet. The deciding factors will be how much inflation versus our dollars value effect it, and whether they want to even try looking better value than seven year old hardware this $mas.

Deeku

Sleeping Dogs is pretty enjoyable.

Looking forward to upgrading Wei a bit, tho. You do get fucking tough, right ?
It's all about getting more face and wearing high face clothes!

But yeah, you get more moves and stuff, makes fighting cooler I guess. I just like grappling dudes, dragging them around and using the environmental insta kill things.

WiiU will be $400, makes sense against other consoles. I think PS3 is $329?

You become a GOD of fighting in Sleeping Dogs. Once you hit endgame they won't even lay a finger on you, mainly due to learning the game properly rather than unbeatable moves. Rewards intelligent fighting over button mashing.

Awwww yeahhhh, connected to Telstra Cable Broadband woo! averaging in 60mbps ...for some reason :( meant to be 100mbps, but heaps better than OptusNet (was on 20mbps).
So you signed up to Ultimate Cable, rather than Elite right? Make sure they definitely have you down as being on Ultimate rather than Elite (go here to check) since for most people (including me) they put you on Elite even if you've asked for Ultimate and you need to get them to change it manually.

Are you using your own router, or the included cable modem/router (NetGear CG3100)? I tried bridging the NetGear at first and using my own router and got the sort of speeds you're talking about. When I just went back to using the NetGear as the router as well I did actually end up getting the advertised speeds:

2020125718.png

I'm very happy.

Kritz

Banned
http://kritz.net/personal/unity/Vlander/build12/WebPlayer.html

So, the first level of my game is, design wise, complete. I still need to add in some scripting and aesthetic geometry, and maybe do some minor tweaks to block placement, but otherwise, it's more or less a full thing.

But, yeah. Give it a shot. Post criticisms / impressions maybe. I dunno, I ain't the boss of you.

Controls:
WASD - movement
Mouselook - looks around, controls the force applied to an object when you let go of it
Mouse 1 - pick up physics objects
Spacebar - mantle stuff
Escape - options menu (includes inversion, sensitivity, etc)
i - inverts

So you signed up to Ultimate Cable, rather than Elite right? Make sure they definitely have you down as being on Ultimate rather than Elite (go here to check) since for most people (including me) they put you on Elite even if you've asked for Ultimate and you need to get them to change it manually.

Are you using your own router, or the included cable modem/router (NetGear CG3100)? I tried bridging the NetGear at first and using my own router and got the sort of speeds you're talking about. When I just went back to using the NetGear as the router as well I did actually end up getting the advertised speeds:

2020125718.png

I'm very happy.
Totally loving that Dodo don't even have a port for me yet :/

Kirby102

2020125718.png

I'm very happy.
I am definitely on Ultimate cable, I ensured that I got that, it's even listed on my account.

I'm using the modem router they supplied me (CG3100) but I'm on a wireless connection since they moved the cabling to a different room. I am using the USB wireless adapter they also supplied to me... which is a Netgear one, not sure of the model.

Mine is fluctuating between 30-60mbps :( But I'm just one wall away from the router itself.

So much sad.

edit: I have also tried a wired speedtest with my netbook, I only hit 94mbps.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
DC was $499
Wii and n64 were $399
Xbox and 360 were $649
Ps2 was $749
Ps3 was $999
GC was the sole exception, and that's because it got dropped from $399 to 329 before launch when Xbox flopped and had a massive price crash to $399 within two months.

Wii U will be under $500 but over $350 I bet. The deciding factors will be how much inflation versus our dollars value effect it, and whether they want to even try looking better value than seven year old hardware this $mas.
I've never seen a console launch for under $329 here since GameCube.

n64 March 1, 1997
ps2 November 30, 2000
xbox March 14, 2002
gcn May 17, 2002
360 2006
wii 2006
ps3 2007

jambo

I'm moving to that soon. My Internode either goes at 500 KB/sec and drops out, or goes at 330 KB/sec and is stable. It's too slow to do anything online. I always have to wait for shit to buffer and games take days to download.

Either going on the 200 or 500 Ultimate Cable plan, bundling in Foxtel seeing as I already have it

I am definitely on Ultimate cable, I ensured that I got that, it's even listed on my account.

I'm using the modem router they supplied me (CG3100) but I'm on a wireless connection since they moved the cabling to a different room. I am using the USB wireless adapter they also supplied to me... which is a Netgear one, not sure of the model.

Mine is fluctuating between 30-60mbps :( But I'm just one wall away from the router itself.

So much sad.

edit: I have also tried a wired speedtest with my netbook, I only hit 94mbps.
With the CG3100 you'll only see those top speeds via a wired connection. Beyond that your best bet for troubleshooting is probably the whirlpool forums, there are a quite few good Ultimate Cable threads there and some very cluey people.

One simple thing you can check is what sort of connection the router itself is reporting if you log into it. In the stats, you're looking for this:

Downstream: the closer to 0.0 dBmV the better.
Upstream: the closer to 37 dBmV the better.
SNR: the closer to 40+ dBmV the better.

Yagharek

Work promotion = awesome
Paying over 1k in tax fortnightly = not awesome

Being polite about what you earn is an important lesson. As some others predictably reminded you, they earn less than what you pay in tax.

You dont want to be seen as the AusGAF Rinehart, do you?

Yagharek

Speaking of Rinehart, we need to deport her to somewhere with lots of iron ore. Like Mars. Pop her on wheels and launch her from a rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom