• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

The destruction physics were amaaaaaziiiing. I mean, they're always amazing, but it was super amazing in guerilla

Yeah, they were. I preferred the geomod stiff in the first game though. It also was more... realistic? Not really what I mean, but it wasn't possible to run around the surface of Mars and hammer buildings to dust.

Clipper

OK, so waking up today to find a project update for the Broken Sword Kickstarter and start reading through it... to discover they have announced a bonus stretch goal of green lighting Beneath a Steel Sky 2!

That means getting more than double what they got so far when they are half-way through the campaign, so it's unlikely to happen, but man, that would be absolutely awesome.

Omikron

Is that sarcasm >_>? Is 30 alot? how many do they play in Italy? Isnt it all rigged there anyway?!
Just a bit, the fact you don't know might mean you are unqualified to comment re Australia being a retirement home.

30 games is the majority, a full euro season could get upwards of 50 games if Juventus played in a European comp. Which they didn't last season.

Did we get into the Soccer World Cup? I forgot if we already played those qualifying games or not.
Actually I thought it was another 2 years until the cup anyway, not sure why I remember people talking about qualifying :/

Omikron

Did we get into the Soccer World Cup? I forgot if we already played those qualifying games or not.
Actually I thought it was another 2 years until the cup anyway, not sure why I remember people talking about qualifying :/
Qualifier on this weekend against Jordan.

Friendly against Lebanon tonight.

Fogz

OK, so waking up today to find a project update for the Broken Sword Kickstarter and start reading through it... to discover they have announced a bonus stretch goal of green lighting Beneath a Steel Sky 2!

That means getting more than double what they got so far when they are half-way through the campaign, so it's unlikely to happen, but man, that would be absolutely awesome.

This must happen!

Guerrilla was a bit shit, really. RF1 was the only decent game in the series.
It was indeed a flawed gem of a title.
The story was terrible. The driving was terrible. The controls were terrible. The level design was pretty terrible and dependant on the open world structure. Most of the weapons were pea shooters and terrible.
The Geomod destruction was stupid. STUPIDLY FUN THOUGH BRO. Without the job description of: Space Arsehole With A Motherfucking Space Demolition Hammer Of Thor God, the game would have been terrible. The shiver that ran down my spine as I watched in awe at the tumbling structure that was cascading onto the ground, crumpling up like a paper cup after a few blows from my Thor Hammer felt insane. A next gen moment. A GAMEPLAY system moment. Rather than being blown away by teh sexxor graphics it was a design mechanic that made me sit back and think how far we have come over the years.

It was a really rough game, even more so now, but it will be a memorable one for most people. Especially since no-one else seems to be taking the Geomod stuff to heart. :(

Qualifier on this weekend against Jordan.
Basketball, Golf, Baseball, SOCCER? What can't he do?

Jintor

My workload productivity has plummeted thanks to a volatile combination of Dark Souls, XCOM, and American Politics :T

I have to catch up on my lectures today and then do my goddamn hypothetical over the weekend... man, shit.

Choc

Banned
Nokia Lumia 920 will be mine

Windows Phone 8 looks the goods.

Iphone 5 looks just like a longer iphone. Same old piece of shit OS that hasn't been touched in years that does not have live tiles and is just plain outdated now.

senahorse

Nokia Lumia 920 will be mine

Windows Phone 8 looks the goods.

Iphone 5 looks just like a longer iphone. Same old piece of shit OS that hasn't been touched in years that does not have live tiles and is just plain outdated now.

I'm hearing ya, the 920 looks like a nice phone and likewise, I am done with Apple for now.

Rlan

So if podcasts get a panel at PAX, surely someone can rope in Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee for a panel at PAXAU? It'd be dizzy stuff.

Danoss

I'm hearing ya, the 920 looks like a nice phone and likewise, I am done with Apple for now.

I want to get rid of my 4S and pick up a Galaxy Nexus. I miss Android. I know the trade will most likely be battery life, but seriously, fuck iOS.

I'll miss Tweetbot though, damn that's an awesome twitter app.

Choc

Banned
I want to get rid of my 4S and pick up a Galaxy Nexus. I miss Android. I know the trade will most likely be battery life, but seriously, fuck iOS.

I'll miss Tweetbot though, damn that's an awesome twitter app.

Don't worry. Twitter is fucking every single 3rd party client with its new TOS, so you won't miss tweetbot long (because it wont exist)

Boring work presentation at work is boring.

Entertain me, AusGAF!

Choc, maybe those TOS are paving the way to charge for API access for heavy users.

Danoss

Sounds like Twitter is preparing to make money off the popular apps. Funny that those app makers would have made more money than Twitter itself.

If anyone wants to buy a 32GB iPhone 4S (White) with 5 months warranty remaining, let me know.

I'm gonna buy either an S3 or a HTC One X. Undecided currently, but the S3 looks great. I've used a One X briefly though and it's amazing. Samsung's screens seem easier on the eyes however.

Choc

Banned
no its because twitter is going to put ads in its mobile clients like facebook and they don't want people to be able to avoid those ads.

senahorse

I don't mind my S3, I certainly prefer Android to iOS but the phone has a bug at the moment which means battery life only lasts a day. I want to go to W8 as I figure there will be more connectivity/sharing options with W8 proper, that and I will be getting a Surface Pro (maybe an RT as well) and thought it would be nice to have the same look and feel across all 3 platforms.

IMO a distributed twitter alternative would be the best option (either allow anyone to setup their own 'mirror', effectively, or some sort of torrent-like sharing of bandwidth amongst users). How you'd make it cope with the volume Twitter has and have that synced would make an interesting challenge though.

Yagharek

IMO a distributed twitter alternative would be the best option (either allow anyone to setup their own 'mirror', effectively, or some sort of torrent-like sharing of bandwidth amongst users). How you'd make it cope with the volume Twitter has and have that synced would make an interesting challenge though.

Six degrees of kevin bacon

Choc

Banned
thing is like apple microsfot is going for a full ecosystem here to get the most out of the phone you will need windows 8 and the next xbox and the surface

so if you have all that, it could be freaking amazing

Salazar

Sleeping Dogs has blue backgrounds for the opening cutscene, and crashes when it flips to the first bit of gameplay.

Dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom