• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean? ;.; my old computer died so i dont have copies of anything anymore. I could redownload everything fine last time I got a new pc...

My bad. See below. I could have sworn you couldn't, happy to be wrong.

Firstly it's you're

Secondly there is a Purchased section in iTunes, which will allow you to re-download purchased store content. I used it recently to download some TV shows that I bought about 2 years ago and some albums from about 4 years ago.

p76il.jpg

Stupid autocorrect.

Clipper

So, my Dad's job is safe, but his boss' job is gone in the Newman cuts. His group is probably going to be merged with a different department for management responsibilities and so on, but they haven't been told what's going to happen in that regard, yet. Hopefully Stackboy, shan's partner's Dad and the rest of AusGAF affected by the cuts are doing OK...

Yeah, Steam was pretty hideous for the first few years

679xn.jpg
Codename Gordon was so much fun.

OMG Andy Murray! So British right now!
Serrels must be jumping around in his British skin!

i didnt get it till now.
now its extra funny.

Even worse is that editing a post on Mobile GAF through Chrome is impossible as it cuts out huge sections of sentances randomly as you type in spots. Makes no damn sense and has lead to me just leaving posts incorrect.

Even worse is that editing a post on Mobile GAF through Chrome is impossible as it cuts out huge sections of sentances randomly as you type in spots. Makes no damn sense and has lead to me just leaving posts incorrect.
It sometimes does that on other textboxes as well -- the Google search being another of particular annoyance for me.

Raxum

Side-scrolling version of Half-Life 2

rmcuv.jpg

WOW I haven't seen that in ages, I should really get that again. Damn it, Path of Exile just got a big update. Maybe it's good though, I think I need a break from GW2. Had to start an alt because the character I got to 60 just didn't feel right anymore. Maybe a break will help me finish that character and get my alt up a bit, or either.

Stackboy

Hope everyone who's affected comes out the other end OK. I can't figure out how to quote on the mobile site.

I'm in a department that's already been quite hit.

Choc

Banned
Educating EB one tweet at a time

53s EB Games Australia ‏@EBGamesAus
@noreasonspec Hi there, it's not wrong.. The event starts at Wednesday 6.30 with prizes & more continues onto midnight for pick up :)
View conversation
Reply Retweet Favorite

Choc ‏@noreasonspec
@EBGamesAus on facebook it says 12am Wednesday. 12am Wednesday is 1 minute after 11:59pm Tuesday....
View conversation
Reply Delete Favorite

Educating EB one tweet at a time

53s EB Games Australia ‏@EBGamesAus
@noreasonspec Hi there, it's not wrong.. The event starts at Wednesday 6.30 with prizes & more continues onto midnight for pick up :)
View conversation
Reply Retweet Favorite

Choc ‏@noreasonspec
@EBGamesAus on facebook it says 12am Wednesday. 12am Wednesday is 1 minute after 11:59pm Tuesday....
View conversation
Reply Delete Favorite

im paying eb money to ship my game to me on time for release date.
fuck their exclusivity on bl2

Raxum

im paying eb money to ship my game to me on time for release date.
fuck their exclusivity on bl2

Steam pre-order! Or at least that's what I did for Borderlands 2. But then I'm not too fussed on physical boxes or collector's editions, I don't really have the space for them.

Steam pre-order! Or at least that's what I did for Borderlands 2. But then I'm not too fussed on physical boxes or collector's editions, I don't really have the space for them.

i am. im also bummed i missed the 20 buck dlc pack. ill buy that off someone

Raxum

i am. im also bummed i missed the 20 buck dlc pack. ill buy that off someone

Yeah I missed it as well, going to wait til after release to get the season pass I guess. Got a group of friends really looking forward to playing it as well, but I want to try out all the classes! The skill trees all seem like they add awesome effects to the characters.

Yeah I missed it as well, going to wait til after release to get the season pass I guess. Got a group of friends really looking forward to playing it as well, but I want to try out all the classes! The skill trees all seem like they add awesome effects to the characters.

im really annoyed with the new trees
they mixed and matched all the first ones
they took the good part of one class and the shit part of another and put them on a different class entirely.
ill probably go commando/ soldier again but i wont enjoy it as much
Sy9ie.jpg

is what i was thinking

Raxum

im really annoyed with the new trees
they mixed and matched all the first ones
they took the good part of one class and the shit part of another and put them on a different class entirely.
ill probably go commando/ soldier again but i wont enjoy it as much
Sy9ie.jpg

is what i was thinking

Strangely the commando is probably the last class I'll be looking forward to. Probably playing a Gunzerker with my friends, and probably Zero solo for a while. Some of the Gunzerker traits were quite interesting.

Really wish I could get onto the skill trees at work to look at what those points you've put in actually give haha. Also, we should probably get some AusGAF team(s) together for it.

Clipper

So, this is a page showing the card and board games that I either have pre-ordered or are currently shipping to me... Well, the Game of Thrones expansion arrived late last week, but the rest are still pending, and almost all already paid for.

What have you done to me, board game AusGAF?

Rezbit

So, this is a page showing the card and board games that I either have pre-ordered or are currently shipping to me... Well, the Game of Thrones expansion arrived late last week, but the rest are still pending, and almost all already paid for.

You're going to love BSG. So fun and easy to play. I actually just picked up Pandemic yesterday, seems like a good change of pace for our group (forcing us to cooperate rather than being dicks half the time).

Strangely the commando is probably the last class I'll be looking forward to. Probably playing a Gunzerker with my friends, and probably Zero solo for a while. Some of the Gunzerker traits were quite interesting.

Really wish I could get onto the skill trees at work to look at what those points you've put in actually give haha. Also, we should probably get some AusGAF team(s) together for it.

a lot of the commando skills i like got moved to the gunzerker

Danoss

I would've warned you off Elder Sign/Cthulhu Yahtzee if I'd known, I saw it on Tabletop and it looked so damn brainless and boring. My copy of BSG is still sitting unplayed, which is a real shame. I need to find a proper gaming group that has no life and so has free weekends to play.

I heard Mice and Mystics is cool though.

I actually just picked up Pandemic yesterday, seems like a good change of pace for our group (forcing us to cooperate rather than being dicks half the time).

Pandemic is great, also easy to play. It does the theme so well, and co-op is key even from the very beginning. Work together well, or lose, usually towards the end for that extra soul-crushing feeling.

Salazar

Is that a squealing baby on the budget stream :lol

:lol :lol

"The best government in the nation"

"A government that is up front with them"

How is your "Government for the 21st century" compatible with exhuming the corpse of Joh ?

Clipper

I would've warned you off Elder Sign/Cthulhu Yahtzee if I'd known, I saw it on Tabletop and it looked so damn brainless and boring.
I actually picked it up due to the Tabletop ep as I wanted something simple and I liked what I saw of the dice mechanic. It's the sort of game I might play during the ad breaks or boring bits of watching TV or something. Plus, it was fairly cheap and has some cool parts. I'll probably upgrade to Arkham Horror soon enough once I let my wallet recover a bit...

I only found out about Mice & Mystics this morning and fell in love with it after seeing an unboxing video. The fact that it's kind of a light RPG with the story book mechanic seems awesome.

Choc

Banned
BHP closes a mine and sacks 400 workers in QLD?

lets do this

'Increasing coal royalties - there will be a rise from a single rate of 10 per cent to 12.5 per cent for coal valued between $100 and $150 a tonne, and a 15 per cent royalty for coal valued above that.'

and people say its the ALP killing mining.

Salazar

AAA Credit Rating isn't that important, you fucken numbskulls.

What's worse, you probably know it's not.

Langbroek is such an ugly smug prick.

Danoss

I actually picked it up due to the Tabletop ep as I wanted something simple and I liked what I saw of the dice mechanic. Plus, it was fairly cheap and has some cool parts. I'll probably upgrade to Arkham Horror soon enough once I let my wallet recover a bit...

I only found out about Mice & Mystics this morning and fell in love with it after seeing an unboxing video. The fact that it's kind of a light RPG with the story book mechanic seems awesome.

Elder Sign and Arkham Horror; two bad games. Elder Sign is simple alright, I mean dice matching, that's it, that's the whole game! Might as well roll a d6 and if you roll >4, just say you won and save yourself the hassle of actually playing.

Arkham Horror is if you took Pandemic, added a Lovecraftian theme, added a whole bunch of useless shit, complicated turns and made it take countless hours. If you buy the expansions, adding just one can double the game time, making it a whole day affair... and you can still lose to some dumb shit right at the end.

If you want a game that seems like it got it right, have a look at Ghost Stories instead. It can crush your soul, much like Pandemic can, but at least it's quick about it.

I'd play Mice and Mystics if it didn't take an umpteen hour round trip to do so.

Choc

Banned

sacking nurses should have newman out overnight. he is very much not acting in the public interest at all

sacking. nurses.

fucking seriously

the brightside is that this is giving people an insight into the Abbott led Government should it come to pass. CN has saved ALP in QLD from obliteration. Tony must hate his guts

Choc

Banned
can't wait for the Thatcher level of Union action to bring QLD to an absolute standstill

the level of protest this is going to draw will be like nothing AU has ever seen

Omikron

"Strangely @theqldpremier did not accompany the Treasurer into he lock up for the presser. First time ever Treasurer sent out alone."

:lol

Choc

Banned
LNP one term wonder confirmed

Wouldn't be surprised to see LNP have less then a football team next time around in QLD. QLDers tend not to forget what their governments do.

Omikron

LNP one term wonder confirmed

Wouldn't be surprised to see LNP have less then a football team next time around in QLD. QLDers tend not to forget what their governments do.

http://ourtafe.org.au/nsw-government-announces-massive-job-cuts-in-tafe/

The NSW Premier and Education Minister have just announced cuts of $1.7 billion over 4 years to the Department of Education and Communities.

This includes 1800 job cuts across the board with 800 job cuts in TAFE

The Government will also increase TAFE fees by 9.5%.

Salazar

I dunno.

Folks might just swallow this idea of state debt (considered as a unified, undifferentiated whole) as something to invariably and intensely fear and despise.

Letting the LNP piss all over social welfare and services in some truly fucken brain-damaged aspiration to get this AAA rating back.

Choc

Banned
This is what i don't get

The LNP go on about economic prosperity and having a skilled workforce

how does one have a skilled workforce without a good education system? Germany realised this and education is free there.

Germany is one of the industrial powerhouses of hte world, fuck i wonder why?

The LNP are idiots. They really are. Unskilled workforce = bad economy.

Shitheads

Choc

Banned
also you fat fuck BOF

you're a fucking prick for announcing that during the QLD budget when you know the media eyes will be elsewhere

fat fuck go and eat another donut.

edit: twitter trolls should be focusing all their effort on fuckwit arsehole politicians if they really wanted to be somewhat useful.

Salazar

"Elderly parent carer innovation trial"

$15 million one-off "trial"

Lip service or fucken what. All the shit they axe, and they have the nerve to boast about "innovation" investment in care.

Choc

Banned
"Elderly parent carer innovation trial"

$15 million one-off "trial"

Lip service or fucken what. All the shit they axe, and they have the nerve to boast about "innovation" investment in care.

well if the LNP have their way, people won't make Elderly status. They will die young waiting for treatment due to huge health cuts

fed up with Australias MSM giving the LNP a free pass in every fucking state. HOLD THEM TO ACCOUNT BOTH SIDES YOU FUCKING PRICKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom