• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomer

Picked up Tekken Tag 2, played ten minutes and started feeling the onset of RSI. Also Gnabbe Tales of Graces F collectors for $74, this will be the third Tales game I've picked up, wonder if I make it past the 4 hour mark this time :p

LOL, they're saying these sorts of things now?

It's weird because to me the opposite is the case. I feel like religion and god sort of takes away my awe for the natural universe. It never ceases to amaze me how our world/universe has taken shape all on its own, it's simply incredible.

hirokazu

FFS! This fucking town! Pack of Karmichael Hunts! ANOTHER FUCKING SCRAPE ON OUR CAR! The other day it was a fuckwit running a key down it, now today I have noticed after going to the park with the little guy that some fuckwit with a 4WD/Ute has slammed their door into the drivers side door and taken off a fuckload of paint.

Seriously, fuck this town. Walk down the streets and see drug fucks and useless homeless morons stumbling around. I had none of this trouble back in Geelong. Even when we would go shopping in Corio FFS!

/RAGERANT (on here at least)

EDIT: buy a proper screen protector Sal, not some shitty 49c chinese one. I can't even notice the one on my Galaxy S2.

Rezbit

Happy Birthday, Rez. I'll avoid shouting at you in dota for one match as a present.

You are too kind. I should do that to myself, you should hear me off mic xD

FFS! This fucking town! Fuck of Karmichael Hunts! ANOTHER FUCKING SCRAPE ON OUR CAR! The other day it was a fuckwit running a key down it, now today I have noticed after going to the park with the little guy that some fuckwit with a 4WD/Ute has slammed their door into the drivers side door and taken off a fuckload of paint.

Seriously, fuck this town. Walk down the streets and see drug fucks and useless homeless morons stumbling around. I had none of this trouble back in Geelong. Even when we would go shopping in Corio FFS!

That sucks man :(

But also lol Iove how we're using Karmichael Hunt now.

yikes....all I know bout warrnambool is that they're full of moo moo cows...

guess can add petty vandalism to that ._.

Terrible town to do business in. We struggle to find people willing to do work compared to our Geelong contract where people are doing it for 20% less money and are STILL bending over backwards to court us.

Also petrol is like 15-25c more expensive than Geelong most of the time.

ALSO NO FUCKING SUSHI

Cinema is tiny, stereo sounds cheaper than the one in my car, tickets are $17 and they run movies like twice a day at stupid times that don't line up with school/work/anything. Popcorn and coke is $15. :/

Also rent is higher than Geelong for equivalent houses.

Fuck this town :(

It has one nice park right across the road from the beach. That is it. Well, I am damn happy to have a job though, don't get me wrong! I'm luckier than a lot of other more deserving people.

Shaneus

FFS! This fucking town! Pack of Karmichael Hunts! ANOTHER FUCKING SCRAPE ON OUR CAR! The other day it was a fuckwit running a key down it, now today I have noticed after going to the park with the little guy that some fuckwit with a 4WD/Ute has slammed their door into the drivers side door and taken off a fuckload of paint.

/RAGERANT (on here at least)
Fuck that.

Well, hopefully this will cheer you up. I thought it was awesome:
18255649.jpg

67454129.jpg

Shaneus

So, this has fucking happened. AGAIN. Fuck publishers:
I wake up
It starts again
It starts again
It starts again...
88TCS.png

6Lbri.png

This is for Australia, and it was the first two sites I checked to see if they had preorders. There's probably another for EB as well.

Not that it matters, but Playground/T10/MS have just locked themselves out of a preorder, I'll wait until it bombas shortly after release and grab a cheap UK import copy. I'll wait for the preorder DLC to come out in a few months for less than the price I saved by not preordering.

Fogz

Is anyone is interested in a free Tex Murphy game? I got a free gog code as a backer reward for Project Fedora, but I already own all the gog versions.

Shaneus

Is anyone is interested in a free Tex Murphy game? I got a free gog code as a backer reward for Project Fedora, but I already own all the gog versions.
Yes please!

Pretty sure gamers lined up to suck at that teat all generation long. Some of us warned them. Few listened.
Pretty much. I figured that with FM4 the preorders bonuses would be made exclusive and not available as paid content later on (it hadn't happened with 3 or 2, from memory) but I've since learned my lesson with the last game. I'll be getting the basic pack (possibly the LE if it's only a few dollars more) after it launches and Ozgameshop has it for a cheap enough price. Pretty sure that for the price the base one is going for now at MightyApe, I'll be able to get the LE a little bit later than everyone else.

Yagharek

Pretty much. I figured that with FM4 the preorders bonuses would be made exclusive and not available as paid content later on (it hadn't happened with 3 or 2, from memory) but I've since learned my lesson with the last game. I'll be getting the basic pack (possibly the LE if it's only a few dollars more) after it launches and Ozgameshop has it for a cheap enough price. Pretty sure that for the price the base one is going for now at MightyApe, I'll be able to get the LE a little bit later than everyone else.

Sensible policy.

Any game that tries the day 1 DLC/AAAA bullshit next gen can be picked up at zavvi clearance prices. Day one purchases will be reserved for new stuff by quality studios. Thinking along the lines of Treasure, Platinum, and games like Scribblenauts that do something insane and new.

Asscreed/Cod/fifa/battlefield/nfs/etc can GAGF. $120 launch day CEs with DLC codes and whatnot aren't worth it. I might consider them if they came out at reasonable prices in a 'complete edition' and no online pass rubbish, but when you are sold something over the odds with retailer exclusive content, a five hour campaign and the biggest effort that has gone into the game is the marketing budget, then I dont care.

So as not to end on a down note, if I could list one game thats out soon that encapsulates everything good about gaming, this would be it:

hXSue.jpg

markot

Banned
I mean im used to it happening in the middle east, even London, but its pretty depressing to see it happen in Sydney. Doesnt help that its over the stupidest thing ever... like srsly.

>.< I hate people who seem to want to be offended and cant just shrug it off...

I also love that the news article titles say 'prince harry unhurt on attack at base' not mention that 2 us marines died >_>

I so wish they would go alittle French over their royalty, even though its less the actual royals that piss me off, mostly the fluffing about them that the media does...

Choc

Banned
This is insane. The entire city is under siege. The cops are struggling to keep it in control

Time for the army. Shocking look worldwide but what choice do we have.

Choc

Banned
Army? lol, its not that bad.

seen the news? 3 major roads closed, 3 train stations closed, people being warned not to come in, hundreds of police, full riot squads.

and in the live cross the reporter got pushed over, its crazy

the cops are basically saying the entire CBD isnt safe

markot

Banned
seen the news? 3 major roads closed, 3 train stations closed, people being warned not to come in, hundreds of police, full riot squads.

Well, they put in laws after the cronulla riots, give police huge powers within areas of troubles, and its time to put those into place. They just need to call in more cops.

Also as well, Go Raiderssssssssss! Its time for me to like the foot balls again! (Unless they dont win in which case I dont really care)

I'll be getting the basic pack (possibly the LE if it's only a few dollars more) after it launches and Ozgameshop has it for a cheap enough price. Pretty sure that for the price the base one is going for now at MightyApe, I'll be able to get the LE a little bit later than everyone else.
End of console generation so if you wait a month after release it will be under $40 again. It took what, 6 months?, for Saints Row 3 and AssCree 2.3 to hit $17. This generation is getting insanely cheap to be a gamer.

So as not to end on a down note, if I could list one game thats out soon that encapsulates everything good about gaming, this would be it:

hXSue.jpg
Can I has information rundown? No idea what the Kamiya project is even meant to be. I assume Pikmin meets Viewtiful Joe. I hope at least :)

Peaceful protests making Muslims look great! I'm sure all the racist fuckwits in the country are sure to become more openminded and tolerant now!
Idiots.
786997-protest-involves-children.jpg

Wow.

Salazar

Woah woah woah. What's happening in Sydney exactly?

Yobbos and religion-freaks using the same (awful) anti-Islam video that stirred up trouble in Libya as a pretext to go into the CBD and shout gibberish about wanting to behead people. Police get in their way, they go bananas.

Some idiot on the other side of the world tries to start shit and a pack of doofuses in Australia have to take the bait, make themselves look stupid, make their religion look childlike and violent, and inconvenience/intimidate folks who have nothing to do with the mess and want nothing to do with the mess.

Yagharek

I'm not racist but

Although, Islam isn't a race so...

Self editing here, but the behavior of these rioters is disgusting. Calling for execution over a film? What a backwards and hateful ideology if that's what it breeds.

Hopefully these people get arrested for inciting violence.

Ydahs

Muslim protesters certainly put their religion and prophet in a nice light.

Even in Sydney, Jesus.

Some of the most disgusting scenes I've seen from this country. People, please don't judge us 95% based on the actions of those violently protesting.

Yagharek

Some of the most disgusting scenes I've seen from this country. People, please don't judge us 95% based on the actions of those violently protesting.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your background?

I've no issue with any race here. I have issue with hateful ideologies being bred out of particularly hateful imams and attracting angry young men with that message. Like the Christian lobbyists militant wing.

It's disgusting behavior and everyone there needs to be arrested, fined and treated like bikers with no association laws.

Salazar

What a backwards and hateful ideology if that's what it breeds.

These folks aren't doing this because they've immersed themselves in Islam's intellectual and social potential as a doctrine and a faith.

These are largely yobbos with the basics. Who clutch the basics all the more tightly because they don't have the inclination or wit to get beyond them. Like you say, it's down to an imam to apprehend what testosterone-filled yobbos are going to do with a handful of taut moral injunctions.

And ideology is probably too unitary a term. Islam is pretty diffuse.

Choc

Banned
wanna know how bad it got?

The emergency warning system was used for the first time in history

that is only designed for the aftermath of a terrorist attack. Shit got serious if they are using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom