• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone planning to get XCOM? I noticed that the greenmangaming site has a 25% off code that works for the game (GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN) despite the fact that XCOM (NA) is apparently excluded from the offer. Maybe it's because we're not in NA? Regardless, I just bought my copy for $33.75, includes Civ V and the preorder DLC.

If you don't have an account yet maybe you could add one via my referral at http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=xokesuje we both get something nice out of it :D
If referrals are not allowed please let me know :p

Rahk

Anyone planning to get XCOM? I noticed that the greenmangaming site has a 25% off code that works for the game (GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN) despite the fact that XCOM (NA) is apparently excluded from the offer. Maybe it's because we're not in NA? Regardless, I just bought my copy for $33.75, includes Civ V and the preorder DLC.
I bought it yesterday.

Apparently you also get $10 GMG credit after the game is released, so that's a pretty awesome deal. Not sure if it stacks with coupons or whatever, but we'll see.

I bought it yesterday.

Apparently you also get $10 GMG credit after the game is released, so that's a pretty awesome deal. Not sure if it stacks with coupons or whatever, but we'll see.

Interesting, I didn't know if this was a new discovery or not, just found out for myself literally 5 minutes ago so I wanted to share the news haha. Game wasn't even on my radar until I saw that 2k vs Firaxis battle in the OT.

Geneforge Saga (5 games) Steamkey for $1!

EDIT: I already owned it:/ Quote for Steamkey! .

So, Dishonoured. What's the core gameplay like? Third-person ARPG? Obsidian-style borefest? I'm picturing something in the vein of Dave Perry/Shiny's Messiah.
The fuck? Did you play Alpha Protocol or New Vegas yet!

Interesting, I didn't know if this was a new discovery or not, just found out for myself literally 5 minutes ago so I wanted to share the news haha. Game wasn't even on my radar until I saw that 2k vs Firaxis battle in the OT.
In one of the newer blogs they said it would include XCOM in the 25% deal.

Fredescu

Note to self, don't click on massive Choc/Vook twitter discussion.
Especially when they're both wrong!

Choc because it's a minor inconvenience and not really holding back any economy or costing a lot of money. Vook because damnit coming home and being able to play outside after school is awesome! Maybe it's because I didn't have enough video games as a kid.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Especially when they're both wrong!

Choc because it's a minor inconvenience and not really holding back any economy or costing a lot of money. Vook because damnit coming home and being able to play outside after school is awesome! Maybe it's because I didn't have enough video games as a kid.

School finishes at 3:30pm at the latest! That's 3 hours of sunlight or more!

Fredescu

School finishes at 3:30pm at the latest! That's 3 hours of sunlight or more!
Then you can have dinner and go back out! And you can do gardening and shit after work. And wear your kid out running around the yard if he's not tired enough yet. And BBQ without lights and the bugs that lights attract. Daylight Savings is awesome.

r1chard

Glorious day at work. Promotion inbound. Melbourne cup party confirmed.

Need to buy a nice suit. Any suggestions?
Depends on how much you want to spend. I bought a nice suit from Peter Jackson recently. They have a range of prices and their suits fit pretty well off the rack for a lot of guys. You're still looking at $500-$700 IIRC.

Edit: I do not RC. Their website has suits for less than that, though they're not the same label (purple) as I got. No idea what the fit/quality is like.

Omikron

Then you can have dinner and go back out! And you can do gardening and shit after work. And wear your kid out running around the yard if he's not tired enough yet. And BBQ without lights and the bugs that lights attract. Daylight Savings is awesome.
You are correct sir!

Sal ;.; I saw you in the refec while I was eating lunch but then I got nervous and didn't react in time D: now I feel like a creepy stalker.
Queensland is stupid for not having it. Can't we teach the cows about Daylight Savings? Can't we invest some state money in Sunlight Resistant Curtains?

Why, Queensland? WHY???
because something something cows get confused and the curtains fade. It didn't stop my clock from moving forward and waking me up at 4:30 though.

Depends on how much you want to spend. I bought a nice suit from Peter Jackson recently. They have a range of prices and their suits fit pretty well off the rack for a lot of guys. You're still looking at $500-$700 IIRC.

Edit: I do not RC. Their website has suits for less than that, though they're not the same label (purple) as I got. No idea what the fit/quality is like.

Thanks, $500 is more than I'd like to spend. I really don't care about brand names as long as the quality is decent and the fitting is good/comfortable.

r1chard

Thanks, $500 is more than I'd like to spend. I really don't care about brand names as long as the quality is decent and the fitting is good/comfortable.
If you really don't care then try out a Target suit. The fit's not as good as PJ's but it's bearable. And they're really cheap.

midonnay

So creepy.

6jpO4.jpg

I have a housewife to wait at home for my packages. I even get passive aggressive text messages so I know which game that I couldn't remember ordering has arrived!

Case: Call of Suarez The Cartel.
Metacritic: 47/00
GAF Reaction: Amir0x/100
Cost: No idea, I assume 5 pounds
Reasoning: No idea, probably because I was ordering the Ratatouille/Short Films Blu Ray from TheHut and wanted to buy more than one thing to take advantage of their 1 pound flat fee for delivery.
Result: Text message contained a :/ smiley.

Also new Coheed & Cambria is a return to form, for those who still care.

Shaneus

No. Everyone goes for that song just because it was popular. But it doesn't have kazoos. And if you were going for popular F5 singles, White Lines is probably the best. But it's no Freedom :)

No. Everyone goes for that song just because it was popular. But it doesn't have kazoos. And if you were going for popular F5 singles, White Lines is probably the best. But it's no Freedom :)

The Message is the best because it is the best. No question. Even as a little kid, as soon as it came on at 1am on Rage I knew it was fan-fucking-tastic. Even before the sampling. Even before every rapper and his dog paid tribute. It was always awesome.

Jintor

The Message is the best because it is the best. No question. Even as a little kid, as soon as it came on at 1am on Rage I knew it was fan-fucking-tastic. Even before the sampling. Even before every rapper and his dog paid tribute. It was always awesome.

I think I still know all the words by heart

Gazunta

I love how I find out about all the discount deals for XCOM the day after I pay full price for it.

God damn it AusGAF, why did I not listen to you.

Hey, bit of a long shot, but are there any other gaming forums you guys go to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom