• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

The Facebook post is from Sep 18, but for some reason it came up again. I think because of this Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/115w9r/how_does_the_expansion_of_lol_help_sc2/

Wherein my question above is answered. "I was then notified as well as onog that riot will no longer support (through swag or gear or sponsorship) any barcraft that isn't a sole LoL barcraft."

Basically Riot won't sponsor and give away free stuff at gaming events where LoL isn't the only game. They didn't back down from that I believe.

Raxum

That's pretty much how I look at it now, if I get 1 hour per $10 I have spent, I am content, anything over is a bonus.

I am usually content here, and if I hit the $1 per hour of gameplay mark I'm exceddingly happy with my purchase, though I usually measure by full retail price, not sale price. Have hit that point on Dark souls, even including my double dip buying, and in Borderlands 2, came very close in Darksiders 2, hit that point in Guild Wars 2. Still haven't finished all the games I want to, and my backlog is enormous, which you can tell if you look at my steam games list haha. I've tried to stop buying whole producer/dev packs during sales...

senahorse

I think letting go may be the best option. I used to worry about the wasted money, and yeah there is a bit of it. But because of the great price of PC games (usually), I am much better off than if I was a console only player and have managed to experience many more games than would have been possible otherwise.

Raxum

I think letting go may be the best option. I used to worry about the wasted money, and yeah there is a bit of it. But because of the great price of PC games (usually), I am much better off than if I was a console only player and have managed to experience many more games than would have been possible otherwise.

This is true, once the game release marathon is over, there are a fair few games I'd like to re-visit and spend more time with. Like Din's Curse, only really discovered it because it hit steam, and enjoyed playing it with a couple of friends. The procedurally generated towns and such were really cool, and I'd like to see something like that built in the style and gameplay of torchlight 2. But I have like 250+ games in my steam list... I think it's more like 275+ come to think of it...

Raxum

Oh yeah I have TL2 hardly played as well..., thanks for reminding me haha

No worries, I feel like I'm in the same boat with that, barely gotten into act 2 on 1 character and another character close to the end of act 1. I'll definitely get back to eventually... I hope

Fredescu

I got bored of TL2 like I got bored of TL1. I was considering rerolling, but then hamchan pointed out that D3 lets you select your difficulty now, so I might reroll in that.

I always used $10 an hour too but then, I don't have a backlog. I'm also happier to walk away from games that aren't grabbing me, regardless of how much time I've played them for.

Hows this for an experiment (if you're bored)

what games you started playing in 2012 (including older ones), how long you played them for this year and how much you paid?

Assassin's Creed Revelations- 12 hours- free (gift)
Mass Effect 3- 30 hours $68
Max Payne 3- 12 hours $79
Skyrim- 20 hours $50
The Witcher 2- 4 hours $55
Saint's Row 3- 2 hours $30
Diablo III- 5 hours $55
Quantum Conundrum- 8 hours $15
Tony Hawk HD- 4 hours $15
Jet Set Radio- 5 hours $15
Rayman Origins $4 hours borrowed
Dead Space 6 hours $10
Borderlands GOTY- 10 hours $25
Ghost Recon Future Solider- 12 hours $33
Sleeping Dogs- 3 hours (so far) $33
Borderlands 2- 25 hours $37

I reckon I'm ahead. I haven't included mobile games because I haven't bought any in yonks or subs because I haven't paid any in 2012 so far.

hamchan

I got bored of TL2 like I got bored of TL1. I was considering rerolling, but then hamchan pointed out that D3 lets you select your difficulty now, so I might reroll in that.

I need to correct myself. The D3 1.05 patch will let you change the difficulty of the monsters and it's not out yet. Might be out next week maybe?

Fusebox

Banned
If anyone sees anyone break the street date for Dishonored please let me know, I've got thursday off and would love to have it ready to start gaming in the morning.

senahorse

That would be rather dishonourable if it happened.

edit:

Tumbleweed.jpg

I bet that number skews higher in off topic.

Age right now: 23, on monday, 24. Which one do I come under?!

this is really disheartening

36 today, 37 tomorrow!

Oh yeah, 35.

AusGaf should be renamed OldGaf.

24, but not for long...

22. Male. WA. Lefty.

26. 27 on Thursday cunts

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ms Gillard said Mr Abbott was "big on lectures of responsibility, light on accepting responsibility himself for the vile conduct of members of his political party".

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Raxum

AusGAF has birthdays tomorrow, the next day and monday!

What were all our parents up to 9 months ago? Nice weather shags?

October is just the month to be born in. All the coolest people are born in October and our parents planned for that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
25. 26 June next year.

HolyCheck

OH SNAP

"most of these sms's were sent when he was on the other side of the fence, when their leader was happy to recieve his vote every single day"

HolyCheck

"happy to stand under a sign that says, Juliar, Bob Browns Bitch, so dont you DARE lecture us on sexism"

BAM

who's this guy choc? i like his jib

HolyCheck

OH SHIT

"TRY ONE MORE THING THIS WEEK, TRY CALLING THE PRIME MINISTER PRIME MINISTER FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK. AND YOU MIGHT HAVE A SHRED OF CREDIBILITY"

Choc

Banned
I think this is just 12 months of pentup frustration against him coming out in one massive burnsauce

she was, amazing to say the least. I mean not just because she destroyed tony abbott, because she just tore an opp leader apart limb by limb.

can't say that tony couldn't have seen it coming.

senahorse

It is amazingly quiet from the other side. Not sure they can quite believe the pointedness of the grilling.

It does seem like they are gobsmacked, finally getting some of their own back and in a way they can't really argue against it, this is gold :D

edit: I find Julia's voice a little grating but goddam that was a fine speech and something TA really needed.

r1chard

That speech was amazing.

And an awesome aspect of it was that there was absolutely none of it that he could deny or argue against.

Omikron

Was certainly a case of saving up examples for the perfect time to be produced that is for sure. Those quotes of Abbott's are pretty damning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom