• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Wow Laf, you didn't have much luck with waving at people did you? :p
I sometimes wave at friends and acquaintances I bump into in geelong, but they don't respond back.;_; then again I've gotten responses like that for not waving back when they have apparently seen me lol.

Shaneus

I thought it was intentional - because of the whole thing you said about how you were embarrassed to hang out with us.:D
Haha, you thought I was serious? That's just an air of false pretentiousness that comes out because I'm from Geelong. Everyone should know I'm being facetious because, you know, it's the guy from Geelong saying he doesn't want to be seen hanging around with people when it should be the other way around. It's an absurd concept ;)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shaneus is just too cool for us.

But yeah on the headphones thing, I do that too. Moment the musics on I could have a terrorist yelling at me in my face and I'd barely notice.

Jintor

Relationship crap here

Rejected the first: incompatible religious beliefs. Rejected the second: incompatible sexual orientation [well, that's part of it]. What do I need to complete the rule of three?

The first one was far more annoying to me

Relationship crap here

Rejected the first: incompatible religious beliefs. Rejected the second: incompatible sexual orientation [well, that's part of it]. What do I need to complete the rule of three?

Probably
incompatible mental state ie. batshit insanity

Shaneus

Rejected the second: incompatible sexual orientation [well, that's part of it].
I've had that problem. It can happen when one person is standing the wrong way. I volunteered to re-orientate the right way, then we were all good. But if that happened constantly... yeah, it'd definitely be break-up worthy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Probably
incompatible mental state ie. batshit insanity
That's what it was like for one girl I talk about a lot here. Although, I feel that I'm likely to run into the first a lot - I have this weird feeling that most nice girls I met are going be religious in some way!

Already befriended a couple of nice ones too.:p

teekun

That's not too bad a price.

Plus, it's going to be in Melbourne for 2013 and 2014. I might actually have to go to this thing.

Relationship crap here

Dude look at the bright side, it's not you. I mean if they were all "Sorry Jint, we'd be perfect for each other, but you suck" then it'd be depression central.

Kritz

Banned
I got my rego sorted. Now to pick hotels. Any recommendations?

I'll wait until my friends come online as I believe we were planning to book the same hotel (and possibly the same apartment...)

in the spirit of everyone here playing Xcom, I have bought Dishonored today.
Oh and NSMB2 turned up while I was away so it will sit in its case till the next time I get on a plane.

markot

Banned
Two men have been arrested after heavily armed police swarmed the University of New South Wales in Sydney's eastern suburbs.

Around a dozen police officers armed with machine guns and wearing balaclavas were called in to assist the operation, as police helicopters hovered overhead.

Police say they are searching for a number of other men with the help of the dog squad.

The operation has been led by the Robbery and Serious Crimes Squad.

Up to 20 police cars were at the campus at the height of the operation, but they are now starting to clear out
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-22/university-in-lockdown-as-police-arrest-two-men/4326490

yikes

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
3 day tickets purchased. Probably won't even go on all days, who the fuck knows.

Yay.

will sell on ebay for mad profit when the date gets closer. *nods*

Definitely going for one day. Would be nice if there was a semblance of a schedule so I could know whether I want all three days.

Assume the schedule is partly based on ticket sales.

Choc

Banned
i just went 3 days because then i dont really need to choose the days, and $115 isnt that much even if i only go 2 days for example

especially when compared to EB's pricing. EB's pricing is fuuuuuucked compared to this.

Axiom

I am gutted, I don't get paid until next week and can't afford the three day pass comfortably until then.

This wouldn't have happened if I didn't go to Armageddon. Too many cons on the dance floor.

teekun

i just went 3 days because then i dont really need to choose the days, and $115 isnt that much even if i only go 2 days for example

especially when compared to EB's pricing. EB's pricing is fuuuuuucked compared to this.

Thinking I'll do the same thing. I can't predict what I'll be up to that weekend, or if the schedule will mean I want to attend any specific days, so I may as well just gamble and go the full 3.

Shaneus

pax aus tickets are on sale

$115 for 3 days

http://www.paxaustralia.com.au/registration
Yeah, fuck it. I'm in. Would be good to nerd out for a little while, get it all out of my system. I have a feeling that tickets will go quick. Safer to buy now then palm off if I get cold feet or whatever.

The guys organising the Australian one... are they good or are they dodgy like the guys who did that con here in Melbourne earlier in the year?

I got my rego sorted. Now to pick hotels. Any recommendations?

I'll wait until my friends come online as I believe we were planning to book the same hotel (and possibly the same apartment...)
Casa de Shaneus. Only if your friends are female, though. My place is too blokey at the moment.

whos saying yes to the omegathon?
I don't even know what the fuck it is. So, I could be picked to beast it in a boardgame when I've not played one for fucking years... I think it was the MAD game.

well i spent many moneys and got a 3 day. so im down for whenever if a meet happens
benefits of being jobless and girlfriendless i spose, i get to hang out with nerds :(

senahorse

........one of them... kinda is.

PDVD_044_resize.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom