• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paintball gaffers,

Going for the first time with a group on sunday. Any tips?

Will be doing a starter pack of 200 ammo and 2 hour session as it's a first time for everyone in the group.

As has been mentioned go pump action. Also the guns are really bad accuracy wise.

Eh, your call. You could buy a pre-built off-the-shelf PC for only a couple of hundred bucks or build one yourself for much more. You could buy McDonald's for only a few dollars or grind your own meat for your burger.

If you're happy with slabs of cheap beer then making better quality beer yourself is probably not going to be worth it to you.

I hope your not calling heiniken cheap. Thems fighting words. There's a brewey shop that I drive past on a regular basis so will call in and have a look.

Shaneus

I absolutely believe in Journey. From the beginning to the end, I was wrapped entirely in the experience. Instead of cynicism and analysing the design, for the majority of the time, I was instead just so engaged in the world. There were moments where I stopped and noticed some quirk; Playstation Network has a habit of disconnecting my console. But the progression of the adventure, even towards the end, where I'd suppose it wasn't entirely active in its engagement, was something where I was just glued to my monitor waiting to see what happened next. The slower pacing worked for me, and the payoff was exactly what was needed to conclude Journey.

This year, I've started reconsidering how I think of games as entertainment. With Journey, DayZ, Walking Dead, Hotline Miami and others, I'm trying to work out where the player fits into the game. How the player might not be directly connected to the game, but is instead just watching the game unfold. Or conversely, how a player can be the only thing allowing a game to have meaning at all. It's something I don't think I can articulate at the moment.

So, to conclude, I'm in full support of Journey. I am not sure if I will replay the game to cement or alter my opinions. Probably won't.

2012's been a weird year for games.
Don't stop believin', Kritz.

Kritz

Banned
Oh, I did a small update to my AusGAF userscript. It's kind of unsightly so you might want to skip this version if you're currently using the script already.

0fQWq.png

It adds an AusGAF, user subscriptions, and user's posts (new) to the tab bars. The two minor tabs can already be accessed from any page, but I preferred them to be in a more visible / eyecatching location. The subscription / posts thing overlaps, but I don't think it's even remotely important to bother spending time making it look better.

Download Link (Source Code for the paranoid / bored)

Requires GreeseMonkey for Firefox users (I think).

DMC HD Collection on 360 for $17 plus postage (buy something to get it up over $25) at PlayAsia for next 6 hours.

Also LOGS has Sleeping Dogs on PC Steamcode for $19 through email!

You can get Google Play refunds for the first 15 minutes or hour or something, so if you received an email about the purchase you could potentially reverse it if you were quick enough.

Not sure what the rules are on reversing the transactions.
Was only a $2 kiddie app, not too fussed!

They have misused 'One' for a terrible purpose. Those fuckers.
:/
No one should ever use One in a Youtube clip. Should be instant removal. Just cannot live up to that brilliance.

Unless it is the music video of course.

It works just like Metro, scroll up-down for sideways scrolling. :p

Nexus 7 3G model to apparently cost $399

That's $100 over the 32gb wifi only model. Not impressed with the pricing at all.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
[citation needed]

There is a lot of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories and misinformation out there when it comes to nutrition, the benefits of vegetarianism and locavorism. Food is the left leaning person's version of the Illuminati.

Also, question a hipster or hippie's dietary choices and you get the same reaction a religious person might give if you tried to convince the that God is not real.

I'm not saying sugar isn't bad for you. I'm saying check your sources.

Well, the one thing we can reasonably be certain of scientifically is sugar certainly is bad for your own dental health! and it's definitely best to avoid sweets and soft-drinks largely for those reasons, or at least take the former in moderation, with soft drinks you are better off not drinking them all together, so much better and healthier alternatives available.

But I agree with you otherwise on the basic point of your post, there's so much BS out there when it comes to nutrition, have even had some intense arguments with my mum about why MSG isn't actually bad for you, and everything that says it is, is based on faulty evidence and bad science. (and in addition to that all sorts of pseudo-scientific garbage.:/)

I think the biggest harm with misinformation about nutrition, is it makes the whole idea of eating healthy seem inaccessible for the general population, when it's actually a reasonably simple thing to go about with.

Oh, I did a small update to my AusGAF userscript. It's kind of unsightly so you might want to skip this version if you're currently using the script already.

0fQWq.png

It adds an AusGAF, user subscriptions, and user's posts (new) to the tab bars. The two minor tabs can already be accessed from any page, but I preferred them to be in a more visible / eyecatching location. The subscription / posts thing overlaps, but I don't think it's even remotely important to bother spending time making it look better.

Download Link (Source Code for the paranoid / bored)

Requires GreeseMonkey for Firefox users (I think).

Your posts link's user id if hard coded. Just saying.

Who decided that on my Japanese exam students should back tested not on their Japanese skills, but their knowledge of Australian facts and figures? I really want to study the vocab but I'm all bogged down learning what our gmi for 2001 was...
well, shit.

TOO BAD THEN, EVERYONE GETS TO SEE MY POSTS AND MY POSTS ONLY.
Rename it the "stalk kritz" tab.

Omikron

They were saying early that there were 7 'walking wounded', sounds like serious injuries for those people now and the train driver is trapped.

Shaneus

WHAT THE FUCK.

Hope there weren't people on there on the way to the races :(

How the fuck could trains collide like that though? Jesus christ.

Shaneus

Ah, I thought I saw two different types of trains there. Hope they work out how the fuck it happened and throw the book at the truck driver if it was he who was negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom