• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Community was the better show, why is it constantly in danger/actually has been cancelled while The Big Bang Theory goes from strength to highly rating strength?

Big Bang is clearly better.

I think Limbo is terrible. Braid is okay, not great. Metroid Prime was boring. Phantom Menace was an enjoyable romp.

Also Big Bang Theory is a better show than Community, yeah. This season has been pretty good, last season was decidedly average.

Ningo

The best thing. The last time we played in London we played in a GF the next year, ignoring the fact the GF was a complete disaster.

We were down 39 points late in the 3rd Qtr and kicked 9 straight then they got the lead back and with 5 mins to go we were 10 points down.

Brad Ebert marked and goaled from boundary in last 10 secs to win the match by a point.

We only played young players and on the day had 4 less on the bench. Looking forward to watching replay on PAFC website tonight. I need my fix.

The best thing. The last time we played in London we played in a GF the next year, ignoring the fact the GF was a complete disaster.

We were down 39 points late in the 3rd Qtr and kicked 9 straight then they got the lead back and with 5 mins to go we were 10 points down.

Brad Ebert marked and goaled from boundary in last 10 secs to win the match by a point.

We only played young players and on the day had 4 less on the bench. Looking forward to watching replay on PAFC website tonight. I need my fix.

Oh sweet, wasn't sure if we were getting a video feed or not, enjoyed watching the pre-season games this year on some ustream type thing! They usually come through on the email right?

Ningo

Oh sweet, wasn't sure if we were getting a video feed or not, enjoyed watching the pre-season games this year on some ustream type thing! They usually come through on the email right?

Not sure, I would just keep a tab on the pafc website. They said the video is being transferred from uk and so will take some time. Might just be highlights.

Pity our pre season games were more polished than our performances in the season.

Still looking forward to the coming season.

But I can't play online then can i?

No idea in terms of the Vita due to the strange nature that the retail games are region free but any store content is locked to each one.

Since it runs on ad-hoc I would expect you to have the choice of servers or not to have any issue (aside from lag) running off the US server. Maybe jump in the GAF thread as see if anyone here imported the game.

while we are on the topic.
walking dead is crappy
kenny is a prick
and what kind of stupid premise is needing to throw a ring into a volcano
i mean come on overkill?

But I can't play online then can i?

No idea in terms of the Vita due to the strange nature that the retail games are region free but any store content is locked to each one.

Since it runs on ad-hoc I would expect you to have the choice of servers or not to have any issue (aside from lag) running off the US server. Maybe jump in the GAF thread as see if anyone here imported the game.

If there's an online pass in the game, you'd need to use that for a US account. Doesn't work in Australia. DLC will be locked out to you too.

Not too sure if the EU version changes anything. If the DLC gets released out here, then that's not an issue.

markot

Banned
Kenny the toilet dude or Kenny in south park?

And yeah, lotr and tolkein are over rated trash.

And if it has zombies, its an automatic miss for me. Half Life is lucky that their zombies arent technically such, although sadly still too close and it makes those parts of their games the lamest. Ravenholm or whatever was the shittest part of hl2 and the 'zombie' enemies the worst and most boring to fight. Fortunately they make up for it with striders and those mini running striders and the combine who are kinda awesome.

Kenny the toilet dude or Kenny in south park?

And yeah, lotr and tolkein are over rated trash.

And if it has zombies, its an automatic miss for me. Half Life is lucky that their zombies arent technically such, although sadly still too close and it makes those parts of their games the lamest. Ravenholm or whatever was the shittest part of hl2 and the 'zombie' enemies the worst and most boring to fight. Fortunately they make up for it with striders and those mini running striders and the combine who are kinda awesome.

Zombie anything makes me not want a thing to do with it. I barely want to play Walking Dead

Which football club does Abbott support? I need to hate it.

This breaks my heart, although I don't think he's a supporter.

581209-tony-abbott-at-essendon.jpg

Axiom

Considering how incidental the zombie thing is to what makes the Walking Dead compelling, I can understand the hesitancy...but I missed out on Bioshock with similar reasoning and that was a mistake.

I've still not watched Firefly despite loving most Whedon stuff. I'm not sure why, I think it's because everyone yells at me when they find out, like I've personally offended them. Similarly with Harry Potter.

I'm not so close-minded as to dismiss the possibility that it's enjoyable and define my belief system as being against the prevailing opinion and think/call my peers idiots though.

If there's one thing we should have all learned from dealing with video games for so long, it's that not enjoying something doesn't mean it's badly made and anyone who enjoys it is an idiot.
We should know this because we've all loved games that nobody else seems to get, and while it's fun to mount a passionate defense and be a bit silly about it, (especially if it also feels like you're in a small group of people who 'get it') being the 'broni' of Nier/Enslaved/God Hand/etc. doesn't make you a video game connoisseur.

Deeku

I'm almost done with 999! Think I've figured out how to get the good ending with the video hints you unlock. Gonna finish it off tonight. Will be getting VLR soon!

Considering how incidental the zombie thing is to what makes the Walking Dead compelling, I can understand the hesitancy...but I missed out on Bioshock with similar reasoning and that was a mistake.

I've still not watched Firefly despite loving most Whedon stuff. I'm not sure why, I think it's because everyone yells at me when they find out, like I've personally offended them. Similarly with Harry Potter.

I'm not so close-minded as to dismiss the possibility that it's enjoyable and define my belief system as being against the prevailing opinion and think/call my peers idiots though.

If there's one thing we should have all learned from dealing with video games for so long, it's that not enjoying something doesn't mean it's badly made and anyone who enjoys it is an idiot.
We should know this because we've all loved games that nobody else seems to get, and while it's fun to mount a passionate defense and be a bit silly about it, (especially if it also feels like you're in a small group of people who 'get it') being the 'broni' of Nier/Enslaved/God Hand/etc. doesn't make you a video game connoisseur.

I get why people enjoy TWD but even after watching the first season I just thought the whole thing was stupid, but I don't believe they're idiots for loving it.

I get why people enjoy TWD but even after watching the first season I just thought the whole thing was stupid, but I don't believe they're idiots for loving it.

The game I love, but the TV show has been mindnumbingly awful. It started off okay, but it stopped being fun to watch around the time I realised that all of the characters except for Glenn and the redneck dude are completely unlikable. I stopped watching midway through season two because the show just felt like it wasn't going anywhere. Might give season three a go if anyone recommends it though. The game works because you yourself are stuck in the situation, but take that part away and its just watching people bicker in a depressing setting.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The game I love, but the TV show has been mindnumbingly awful. It started off okay, but it stopped being fun to watch around the time I realised that all of the characters except for Glenn and the redneck dude are completely unlikable. I stopped watching midway through season two because the show just felt like it wasn't going anywhere. Might give season three a go if anyone recommends it though. The game works because you yourself are stuck in the situation, but take that part away and its just watching people bicker in a depressing setting.

I think x3n recommends season 3. Seems to believe it's a fuck load better than the shitfest that was season 2.

I'm exhausted. 3 hours of paintball, an hour of go-karting, some bowling, arcade games....phew.

Another team was having a bucks party and the buck was dressed up in a pink morph suit. Me and my group joined up with them and we formed random teams. Had tons of fun.

IMG_20121104_113553.jpg

IMG-20121104-WA0009.jpg

Ausgaf should do a meetup and play paintball instead of board games.

hamchan

You stopped watching exactly when the show started getting awesome and stuff started happening lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom