• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

I guess I'll go in with expectations that it's not a Hitman game then.
Oh, I was just going by from what I've gathered from screens and the occasional impression. Not even a full review. It could well be 110% Hitman. But without Jesper Kyd composing, it might as well not be.

I bet the music's shit.

EDIT2: WAIT WAIT WAIT, Scribblenauts isn't coming out anywhere but the US until next year? FECKING FECK.
EDIT3: Wait, not delayed in Australia? But Jackson said nowhere but the US?

Thanks for that. Will probably order tonight.

Good answer. I LOVED amped 3.
Keep in mind delivery will be like $5 unless you buy something else that brings the total up to $25, which gives you free postage!

Also EVERYONE loved Amped 3, a new release outside of the launch period would have sold well in my honest opinion.

Fun trivia fact: The guys behind Amped 3 (at least, the heritage of the team) used to be Access Software, the guys behind the Tex Murphy series, as well as World Class Leaderboard and the Links series (including 2004 on Xbox).
Another fun trivia fact: Microsoft bought them in 1999 to continue the Links series (which they then shutdown) and give them a respected studio to give the Xbox some pull with gamers.
This brought the amazing Amped series!
Then they sold them to Take2 in 2004 for some fucking reason. Which resulted in the amazing Amped 3 at the 360 launch!
Then they closed the fucking studio 18 months after buying it. Fuckwits.
Thankfully Big Finish Games seems to be getting on a roll so they might be back up to larger scale by next gen!

Anyone (Omi?) ever get into the Gods and Kings expansion? Is it worth the $7.50?
Idle Thumbs gushed about it on the Progresscasts (which I am still working through) if you need an aural detailing!

Blood Money is amazing. Absolution has had one level so far where it felt like that (and it was still a relatively small sandbox) and everything since then has been bullshit. Still going forward.
There is some random ______ __ Spies game series that RPS spotlighted a while back, I wonder if that is more about the setup like the original Hitman games.

EDIT1: Oh shit lol, I already own it on Steam. Death To Spies. Maybe I should play it :p

I guess I'll go in with expectations that it's not a Hitman game then.
Sounds like going in expecting Hitman meets Kane & Lynch is the best course of action. And by action I mean I hope you like action!

This would be super interesting to read. I'd kind of forgotten about The Line, but it was definitely one of my favourite games of the year. Even though I'm not sure if I can make myself play it a second time. Which kind of says something in itself

jambo

I'd prefer to have a bear with a different Wesley...

mJnUA.jpg

Shaneus

I would love to have a beer with Patton Oswalt. And he's one of the few celebrities I could actually picture doing with a regular schmo.

I'd prefer to have a bear with a different Wesley...

mJnUA.jpg
Carn, he'd be boring as batshit. Just have a beer and read his blog or Twitter or something. Same experience!

I don't think I was ever arguing that couldn't fix it. Just that it will take a lot of time and a lot of money to do so. And it is Nintendo. Shall I take a wild stab that they will just provide some transfer facility and not a true 'account based' approach.

And my assumptions are based on experience working with large software systems and what it takes to fix a major issue with the original design.
Look, you're probably right. Nintendo do hate to allow their customers freedom of action. It's about protecting their revenue streams and shutting out hackers as much as possible.

I also think it's possible that the infrastructure for a true account based approach is already there, but locked down for whatever reason for launch, much like full retail downloads were for 3DS. I could be completely wrong and I think we'll know more about it in six months' time.

I'm saying we don't know yet if this was built in to the original design.

Shaneus

See, this sort of stuff from that thread rep linked:
PO: Everyone was just like, “This is going to be such a great story.” I’m in this business for two reasons: the money and the anecdotes. That’s all I want. I either want to do the best films or the fucking worst films. I don’t want to do the “eh” film.
Oswalt is awesome. I need to remember to watch Big Fan, which was also apparently awesome.

teekun

I'm so glad I bought it from the US PSN so I can download it tonight after work. It'd kill me to have to wait until tomorrow.

senahorse

So is Walking Dead ep5 available on Steam yet?, I don't want to search around too much in case I bump into spoilers.

Also fuck racism, so tired of it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I hop on the bus with a $20 a $5 and a $1 and ask for a single trip.

$6.50.

So after a minute of grumbling he says fine give me the 20.

Then he says maybe its time to invest in a myki.

Really fuckface? I'm a tourist or I've had my wallet stolen or I'm only catching the bus for the first and only time, and that's the fucking attitude you're going to use? God forbid I want to catch the bus ONCE whilst I'm a tourist in melbourne, from a suburban bus stop.

The whole system is fucked.

On that note, I'm heading to Melbourne next weekend. Does my V-Line ticket still get me free travel on the trams around the centre of Melbourne? These Myki things seem too space aged for my liking.

I hop on the bus with a $20 a $5 and a $1 and ask for a single trip.

$6.50.

So after a minute of grumbling he says fine give me the 20.

Then he says maybe its time to invest in a myki.

Really fuckface? I'm a tourist or I've had my wallet stolen or I'm only catching the bus for the first and only time, and that's the fucking attitude you're going to use? God forbid I want to catch the bus ONCE whilst I'm a tourist in melbourne, from a suburban bus stop.

The whole system is fucked.

Good times. I've gotten free bus rides in the past as they didn't want to break a $20 note.

Kritz

Banned
note to self: shave before surgery. Ripping out whiskers caked in blood and tape multiple times a day has been horrific.

I'm going to get a lot of hate about this since it means I have bad taste apparently, but I just listened to a two hour podcast showcasing the Beach Boys' music and I still find it annoying and awful.

In fact, the only song featured that wasn't actively offensive to my ears was God Only Knows.

I learnt me some knowledge I didn't know before though and I appreciate their place in history a little better, but as for their sound? Eww get it off me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom