• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Hey deek

come and have dinner with us on friday

do it

come on shan's in town and things

you don't need your workmoney anyway

web01

Wow I do not even own or play black ops 2 but the season pass on the Australia PSN store is $76! maybe its a mistake but maybe not.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Saturday the 1st we will do a day in Melbourne. Not sure if I can swing a meetup as it is meant to be a weekend child free with the wife!
I could definitely make a saturday meet-up during the day on the first of december. Only problem is I'll have to get on the train back to geelong around 4 pm so I can get the bus back home around 5:20 PM.:p (it's the last bus running) and I won't be able to get my parents to give me a lift back home lol.

Rahk

Oh, sales. It's not like I have enough games.

Fuck.

At least I already own them all, I guess!

Oh wait, Spiderman. Hmm.

Jintor

Fuck, after i reset my computer the driver problem on my tablet reasserted itself... might have to get that Intuous5 after all.

Rahk

There are plenty of other
PSP
games to play on Vita!

Well, it's not a bad time to buy now if you get PS+ since there are a few good free games.

hamchan

Very tempted to jump on that Vita since I have US PS+ for the next 3 years. I assume I probably have to redeem Vita games on PS+ from the Vita.

Oh wait no, just checked. I can buy all Vita games from the PS3. So I'll just save these free Vita games for a while and wait for Vita to go more bomba, then I'll have a huge collection by the time I do get Vita.

Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout all for free is insane.

Shaneus

Very tempted to jump on that Vita since I have US PS+ for the next 3 years. I assume I probably have to redeem Vita games on PS+ from the Vita.

Oh wait no, just checked. I can buy all Vita games from the PS3. So I'll just save these free Vita games for a while and wait for Vita to go more bomba, then I'll have a huge collection by the time I do get Vita.

Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout all for free is insane.
Wait, they're all free (if I have PSN+)? Only problem is that I'd be out another hundo (at least) for a memory card to actually fit stuff on.

I don't think it's worth it. I don't play enough games I *do* own anyway :/

Jintor

I think I might do an illustration panel for each of my GOTY selection. I don't know who will care but it'll be fun.

Oh, I just dropped a lot of money on an expensive replacement tablet

this was probably a poor decision but man, whatever

Kritz

Banned
I should probably start repimping my GOTY site soon, too. I'm still one feature away from the site being finished, though. Not that I can really program right now...

I did however create automatic backups of the site's database. I think. I haven't attempted recovery yet. I think the real lesson I learned was to always do a SELECT * statement before changing it to a DELETE statement...

1 Journey
2 The Walking Dead
3 DayZ
4 Sleeping Dogs
5 Dishonored
6 Max Payne 3
7 XCOM: Enemy Unknown
8 The Darkness II
9 Hotline Miami
10 Spec Ops: The Line

I don't think my ordering is quite right. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go with guy gut thoughts about what I think about each game at this very moment, or if I should attempt to try and rationalise out why one game I feel was better than another.

Basically I'm debating between if I want to be a little more objective in my subjectivity.

teekun

Wait, they're all free (if I have PSN+)? Only problem is that I'd be out another hundo (at least) for a memory card to actually fit stuff on.

You don't have to actually download any of the PSN+ stuff until you want to use it. You just "buy" it and it stays on your account, available for download whenever you want it.

Kritz

Banned
Kritz do an objective Best of 2012 list and a subjective My favourites of 2012 list. I think I will end up doing that.

That was kind of the idea of separating the Top 10 from the Ratings stuff. So the ratings can be vaaaugely more objective, but the top 10 allows itself to be completely subjective due to its separation.

I just need to make sure the website drills it in that you should do both a top 10 thing as well as an all the games rating thing.

hamchan

262009_502065573147053_1951510589_n.jpg

Amazing Valve.

Clipper

~Sydney Tomorrow~

Maaan I'm excited!

Yeah, it'll be good to catch up again, although this will add you to the group of us that have attended meetups in 3 of the 4 cities that hold meetups...

I'll be crossing off the 4th city at PAX Aus, so can you make it to Hobart or Kritz to Sydney by then? I guess we shall see...

So anyone want to put bets on whether Choc joins us or not?

I should probably start repimping my GOTY site soon, too. I'm still one feature away from the site being finished, though. Not that I can really program right now...

I did however create automatic backups of the site's database. I think. I haven't attempted recovery yet. I think the real lesson I learned was to always do a SELECT * statement before changing it to a DELETE statement...

1 Journey
2 The Walking Dead
3 DayZ
4 Sleeping Dogs
5 Dishonored
6 Max Payne 3
7 XCOM: Enemy Unknown
8 The Darkness II
9 Hotline Miami
10 Spec Ops: The Line

I don't think my ordering is quite right. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go with guy gut thoughts about what I think about each game at this very moment, or if I should attempt to try and rationalise out why one game I feel was better than another.

Basically I'm debating between if I want to be a little more objective in my subjectivity.

Out of your list I have played mp3 and dayz lol

markot

Banned
I dislike that xbox controllers are becoming the defacto offical PC ones. What happens next gen if they add tonnes of buttons and 5 axis and waggle!?

Fredescu

I'm sure Valve will bring out their controller eventually and there can be a standard that doesn't rely on consoles. I'm sure it will be a long way off as with everything Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom