• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
I'm going to get a lot of hate about this since it means I have bad taste apparently, but I just listened to a two hour podcast showcasing the Beach Boys' music and I still find it annoying and awful.

In fact, the only song featured that wasn't actively offensive to my ears was God Only Knows.

I learnt me some knowledge I didn't know before though and I appreciate their place in history a little better, but as for their sound? Eww get it off me :p

HELP ME RHONDA
SLOOP JOHN B
GOOD VIBRATIONS
WOULDNT IT BE NICE!!?
GOOOOOOD VIBRATIONSSSSSS!

Has to be faking. Hilarious to read though.
I saw that doing the rounds today too. Got to be fake. Pure gold thought
I'm going to get a lot of hate about this since it means I have bad taste apparently, but I just listened to a two hour podcast showcasing the Beach Boys' music and I still find it annoying and awful.

In fact, the only song featured that wasn't actively offensive to my ears was God Only Knows.

I learnt me some knowledge I didn't know before though and I appreciate their place in history a little better, but as for their sound? Eww get it off me :p

I don't love it either. I don't hate it, but I've never really seen why it's been held in such high regard

Shaneus

No hate. I'm not a massive fan of theirs either. For the era, Stones and Beatles were doing far more interesting stuff.

How much difference was there between your quote and the man's?
tumblr_ltpshw0CLm1qhpxkxo1_500.gif

PS. Guys. This is awesome.

On that note, I'm heading to Melbourne next weekend. Does my V-Line ticket still get me free travel on the trams around the centre of Melbourne? These Myki things seem too space aged for my liking.
Time for a MelGAF meetup? I missed the last one because of all those cunts organising it while I was away. You mean this coming weekend or the one of the first?

Time for a MelGAF meetup? I missed the last one because of all those cunts organising it while I was away. You mean this coming weekend or the one of the first?
Saturday the 1st we will do a day in Melbourne. Not sure if I can swing a meetup as it is meant to be a weekend child free with the wife!

Kritz

Banned
So, I'm noticing I can hear a lot better now. The problem is... everything is too loud. Is there a way you can make real life quieter. Like the fucking birds outside my window or the fan in my room or the television or my own voice or my mechanical keyboard.

I wonder if I can now play games without turning my character to the right of NPCs so I can hear them.

jambo

So, I'm noticing I can hear a lot better now. The problem is... everything is too loud. Is there a way you can make real life quieter. Like the fucking birds outside my window or the fan in my room or the television or my own voice or my mechanical keyboard.

I wonder if I can now play games without turning my character to the right of NPCs so I can hear them.

You'll no doubt get used to it, maybe try some ear plugs for a while or something.

HELP ME RHONDA
SLOOP JOHN B
GOOD VIBRATIONS
WOULDNT IT BE NICE!!?
GOOOOOOD VIBRATIONSSSSSS!
Hate 'em.

The weird thing is I freaking LOVE Frankie Valli and he was from the same time period and also used a lot of falsetto too.
I saw that doing the rounds today too. Got to be fake. Pure gold thought

I don't love it either. I don't hate it, but I've never really seen why it's been held in such high regard
From what I found out today, Pet Sounds is a highly technical album. Music nerds get off on that shit. It's like pixel counting for them.
No hate. I'm not a massive fan of theirs either. For the era, Stones and Beatles were doing far more interesting stuff.
Same.
Have previously, can end poorly.
My wife threw up after the last AusGAF meetup.

Morning sickness is a bitch :/

The Walking Dead is $12.50 on Amazon, I should probably set up an account and get it right? I've got a massive backlog building though, as I've just broken the 100 steam games mark last week. I'm seriously done with consoles.

Rezbit

The Walking Dead is $12.50 on Amazon, I should probably set up an account and get it right? I've got a massive backlog building though, as I've just broken the 100 steam games mark last week. I'm seriously done with consoles.

Shit just checked what I'm up to, 92! Getting there as well. I'm done with consoles for now too. At least until Metroid/Zelda Wii U.

Jambo owns them all :/

FARK I"VE GOT 392?!? HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?

Make an account anyway, super easy and will come in handy with lightning DD sales.

Just make one address your real one and another as the Google HQ, use the Google one for all DD purchases as you need to pretend you are in the USA to buy digital games from them.

Shaneus

You should see a movie called Senseless. It's the charming tale of a man and his struggles through everyday life as he deals with a situation not unlike your own.

Shaneus

How DID the fuck that... did... happen? I have 384, and I know I have a problem. You must have even more of a problem! Bahahahaha.

We should drink ourselves stupid next time we see each other (I'll have a leg up on you in that regard). Let us regale each other with tales of woe that have sprung forth due to our massive (back)logs.

Make an account anyway, super easy and will come in handy with lightning DD sales.

Just make one address your real one and another as the Google HQ, use the Google one for all DD purchases as you need to pretend you are in the USA to buy digital games from them.

Holy shite, 392!!! I've had Steam since last June, and I haven't played my consoles at all in that time, except to try Halo 4 last week (which I haven't been able to get into). I just can't envision going back, the prices are too damn good and the IQ is Vaseline free :)

I'll follow your suggestion and make an Amazon account though, I'm also 95% sure I'll get The WD anyway... and maybe sleeping dogs... Plus I bought Spec ops yesterday after your recommendation. ;)

I would love to create something that could get inside a bigot/racist/sexists closed defences to make them realise how fucking terrible they are being to their fellow human beings.

Spec Ops The Line made me think of creating some kind of videogame that COD racists/sexists could play that would subconsciously unlock in their mind the pain and completely unnecessary existence of that kind of behaviour, The Line showed that it can indeed be possible to influence people in that way, even if it wasn't super effective on as many people as it wanted to be because of design decisions.

That would be awesome. Like a FPP game of survival during a tsunami while trying to get your family to safety while the world around you is destroyed. Even if it could make just one of those closed minded fuckwits who posted "lol karma for pearl harbour" it would be worthwhile, that is one person who in the future would think twice about making such a narrow statement.

How DID the fuck that... did... happen? I have 384, and I know I have a problem. You must have even more of a problem! Bahahahaha.

We should drink ourselves stupid next time we see each other (I'll have a leg up on you in that regard). Let us regale each other with tales of woe that have sprung forth due to our massive (back)logs.

I must have gotten into 2 more Indie Bundles than you :/

You free for lunch or something on the 2nd? Should be able to swing a meetup meal in Geelong as we head back that day and I can use the excuse of getting those games off you!

Jintor

...I just reinstalled my drivers and resurrected my tablet. So... woo don't have to spend $315 on a new tablet! Also, won't get a new tablet :(

For the fourth time in a year I am treated to job-related uncertainty. It doesn't sting as much nowadays ;__;

Also, my Wacom Graphire 3 finally keeled over after 6 years of pitch-perfect service. I went from this:

To this:

On to the next stage of arting!
So have you done up a thing of cover art for your novel? Because I'd like to see that.

sorry, I was probably sitting too close.

I apologise if your child can't grow a moustache, VKS.
That wouldn't be proof of paternity either way, you realise. I'm a bit of a hairless wonder myself.

Omikron

Holy shite, 392!!! I've had Steam since last June, and I haven't played my consoles at all in that time, except to try Halo 4 last week (which I haven't been able to get into). I just can't envision going back, the prices are too damn good and the IQ is Vaseline free :)

I'll follow your suggestion and make an Amazon account though, I'm also 95% sure I'll get The WD anyway... and maybe sleeping dogs... Plus I bought Spec ops yesterday after your recommendation. ;)

No words.

The Walking Dead ends pretty strongly. I think (episode 5 non-story-related spoilers!)
there were too many QTEs and sections where you simply push in one direction
. Ended strongly, but yeah the gameplay left a bit to be desired IMO.

On to the next stage of arting!
Time for some Jint-atars?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Aaand TWD Episode 5 done. Excuse me while I crawl up into a ball.

Shaneus

You free for lunch or something on the 2nd? Should be able to swing a meetup meal in Geelong as we head back that day and I can use the excuse of getting those games off you!
It's a busy weekend, but I'm pretty sure I'll be free for most of that day :)

PS. I think there's a new, early Thumbs cast up!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Too long I've lurked and posted in AusGAF, wondering just who the woman in every one of commanderdeek's avatars is. Too long I've been kept in the dark.

Tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom