• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

That's cool, just acknowledge it's nonsensically weighted because it's limited to, what, 20 active members in AusGAF? So long as I get to draw things.

Yo, guys.

I really need some PS3/Vita friends because I is a loser with an empty friends list cause no one likes me cause I stink so bad you even gets whiffs of me over the internets. If you would like to mock me for my losery existence, please send all friend requests to Planet_JASE of the PSwatchyamacallitsdoohickydoodads. If you do, could you please include your GAF name so that I know you aren't some deposed Nigerian Prince befriending me so that he can hack my account for my delicious Trophies?

PS-I am good for lifting you further from the bottom of your friends list leaderboard.
I only have a PSP that I literally never use, but FallbackPants. Shocker there
I think we should make one like that anyway. Ausgaf awards!

Seconded. Jintor can illustrate.

Jintor

So far my dumb names for things are:

Heartburn Award for Greatest Emotional Resonance
Lazarus Award for Best Franchise Revival
One More Turn Award for Most Addictive Gameplay
Shyamalan Award for Most Mind-Blowing Story

Obviously we would want Graphics, VA actor, VA overall, Soundtrack, Games etc, but I want dumb names for things too

Kritz

Banned
noJyS.png

Site's almost feature complete. Just need to do some minor work on the individual game pages (doesn't pull stats from Top 10 list, page doesn't render properly when there are no votes for a game at all), and it's done.

Darklord

Banned
God Black ops 2 is boring. I haven't played a CoD since WaW so I thought I'd give it a go. What a mistake. It's so dull, it's a soulless shooter. I think I'll sell it for Far Cry 3 next week.

Kritz

Banned
Won't you need to reset it once all the games of the year are actually released?

Naah, won't bother. There's no longer any test data in the system. People can just keep adding / removing / changing games to their lists as they see fit. The GOTY list is dynamically generated so once I'm happy with the site I won't need to touch it again.

KS appearing in the list is actually two people, I presume, genuinely voting for that game. Unfortunately I'm just running with a very small sample size for now.

Dead Man

So far my dumb names for things are:

Heartburn Award for Greatest Emotional Resonance
Lazarus Award for Best Franchise Revival
One More Turn Award for Most Addictive Gameplay
Shyamalan Award for Most Mind-Blowing Story

Obviously we would want Graphics, VA actor, VA overall, Soundtrack, Games etc, but I want dumb names for things too

Heartburn Award is genius, LOL

Rahk

Yo, guys.

I really need some PS3/Vita friends because I is a loser with an empty friends list cause no one likes me cause I stink so bad you even gets whiffs of me over the internets. If you would like to mock me for my losery existence, please send all friend requests to Planet_JASE of the PSwatchyamacallitsdoohickydoodads. If you do, could you please include your GAF name so that I know you aren't some deposed Nigerian Prince befriending me so that he can hack my account for my delicious Trophies?

PS-I am good for lifting you further from the bottom of your friends list leaderboard.
I'll probably forget to add you when I get home, so my PSN is Rahkex.

Shaneus

Yo, guys.

I would if I could, but I have no Vita :(

On the off chance that no-one adds you, can I borrow your Vita and copy of Lumines? If you don't have Lumines, you should buy it and then lend it to me please. Then I can add you on my friends list :)

Edit: MP isn't *not* worth $15, but there are no spreadsheets in it so you can probably hold back on the excitement.

Yagharek

I got banned for supporting a hivemind post in a rayman legends thread. That's all ill say on the matter.

I would have been perma banned if I posted what I thought during Wii U launch reaction threads, so it was good timing.

senahorse

Walking Dead finale was amazing, definitely my goty so far (though I don't think much else can top it now). My gf finished about an hour after me and
she came in for some emotional support, she said she was crying through the whole end sequence, and she is someone that doesn't cry much
, fantastic job Telltale :D

Omikron

I got banned for supporting a hivemind post in a rayman legends thread. That's all ill say on the matter.

I would have been perma banned if I posted what I thought during Wii U launch reaction threads, so it was good timing.

What do you think of the account locked to hardware? Nintendo being nintendo.

Planetside is up, we should have AusGAF good times

Played a couple of hours last night. So damn good!

Closest I've ever come to an MMO. Runs like a charm on my new computer, the scale of the battles was ridiculous, and the Australian server meant very little lag.

I'd be quite keen to play with AusGAF.

Yagharek

What do you think of the account locked to hardware? Nintendo being nintendo.

I suspect it will be a temporary feature but I'm surprised it wasn't account based given the changes going on with 3ds.

At the very least I bet they let you transfer a la 3ds down the line (though that process is limited to five transfers which should be unlimited instead).

Kritz

Banned
Reptile, where's cheapest to get Sleeping Dogs at the moment? Does GMG have any coupons running?

Friend's interested in buying and I don't keep up with this stuff.

Reptile, where's cheapest to get Sleeping Dogs at the moment? Does GMG have any coupons running?

Friend's interested in buying and I don't keep up with this stuff.
Was $13 at GMG a few days ago with a coupon, no idea if is still running due to limited access here. A few people in here bit on the deal I think?

OzGameShop has an email code for $20 if they have credit there already.

In other news I cannot find a comfortable way to have a nap at my desk at work. Desk doesn't have rounded edges and the floor is littered with used staples so that is out too.

Shaneus

Y U NO HAV BACKUP PLAN U FUCKS SO MUCH FOR STEAMSALES GAMING

www.standard.net.au/story/1140903/latest-full-telstra-fix-days-away/?cs=73
Hey, if you need me to grab anything for you and hold onto it, let me know anyway you can. Be happy to help :)

Were you taking a break from here prior to getting banned? In any case, glad to have you back around here tiger :)

Omikron

Abbott: If right for young Australians to work for dole, all the more important to have people who have come uninvited pulling their weight

May as well just open some sweat shops on Nauru/Manus/Christmas Island and get on with it then.

Clipper

One last post about tonight's meetup:

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting outside the entrance to Wharf 6 at Circular Quay. Then likely going to Hokkaido Japanese Restaurant (basement of 20 Loftus St) for Dinner, then over to one of a few places in The Rocks to get something to drink and chat.
Attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom