• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're hardcover?

Oh right, slipped my mind. So yeah, not technically trade paperbacks. They're hardcover editions of collections that would otherwise be trades.

That's why I picked up the first volume. Figured that even if I didn't go on with it, for the reduced price a couple of nice Spidey and X-Men hardcovers would be worth it.

midonnay

Also had a sub to k-zone at some point lol.

Never got into comics, only have a couple of futurama and simpsons ones.

I used to buy Archie comics because they seemed better value than DC/Marvel superhero stuff....

god they were horrible....

then Tekken/Ironfist Chinmi and Ranma got me hooked on manga >_>

Card Boy

Banned
I hope people play some Gotham City Imposters if you manage to get that Batman Pack. The game looks awesome. Currently downloading now.

Also are there any XBLA compilations i can get from the shops (Aussie versions)?

capcom-digital-collection_cover.jpg

360_triple_pack_finalboxart_160w.jpg

I found these two but i'd rather have an Aussie ones for trade in purposes. Are there any other compilations?

I got one of those dinosaur mags when I was a kid....

glow in the dark t-rex.... collect a few plastic bones every issue :O

world was a different place before google and wikipedia :/
Fuck yes, loved that T-Rex. I was lucky that my Uncle bought the whole collection at once as a going away present when we moved to the bush. Had so much fun building that thing.

Then I tried to do it with another series. Fuck me. The month long waits and huge expense was insane. Almost immoral to run that kind of system on kids.
And then Anime. Ohhhhhh you got me good Anime. I wait a whole week for effectively 5 seconds of material on this massive awesome Bleach arc. You really killed my enthusiasm guys. No wonder I wait for boxsets and for a TV series to get into at LEAST it's 3rd season now before I will even give it a look in. On that note I'm not sure if I should pick up Bored To Death now that it has 3 seasons because it is cancelled any way.

Just buy trades.
My policy. Might pick up a few variant covers here and there just for shits and giggles.
Trades are the most cost effective solution, most enjoyable solution for me as well as I like to just devour that damn thing all in one gulp with a nice warm Russian Caravan tea and some Duke playing on the record player.

Oh hey I missed this. Nice. Was a bit heavy for me at the start, but then it got a lot better. Not much of a screamo fan, but I can handle a bit :p
Yeah I like a lot of metal that has a nice flow to it, in and out of heavy and light. Can do a lot of cool things with it in a narrative sense too.

Man, how good is Spec Ops? I mean, not gameplay-wise, but making me feel really uncomfortable about my actions-wise
So good. Gameplay on PC is solid once you get used to sliding in and out of cover, no better or worse than Uncharted/Gears in the whole cover shooter genre. Get the job done and allow you to take in the subtle changes from area to area on your team.

So good. Gameplay on PC is solid once you get used to sliding in and out of cover, no better or worse than Uncharted/Gears in the whole cover shooter genre. Get the job done and allow you to take in the subtle changes from area to area on your team.

It's just a standard shooter is all I meant. It's not bad. But there's nothing special about the gameplay. And I'm struggling with cover to work sometimes. I'll just end up sprinting and getting shot to shit.

midonnay

umps keeping us in it...... getting massacred by kieran jack.

three goals and two behind from free kicks >_>

thats our entire scoreline just about!!!

this mike pike fella playing pretty well too >_<

Rezbit

umps keeping us in it...... getting massacred by kieran jack.

three goals and two behind from free kicks >_>

thats our entire scoreline just about!!!

this mike pike fella playing pretty well too >_<

Your fans are a disgrace, booing a guy after he comes off from a MASSIVE head knock.

It's just a standard shooter is all I meant. It's not bad. But there's nothing special about the gameplay. And I'm struggling with cover to work sometimes. I'll just end up sprinting and getting shot to shit.
Oh yeah I wasn't meaning anything by it. I never had an issue with getting into cover on PC, I didn't do much running though. Basically got into cover early, popped some heads until I was clear and got my 2 dudes to attack the final stragglers as I moved up into the next set of cover.

So I just picked up AC1, 2 and Brotherhood for $40. Should I bother with the other one?
I keep hearing no. Will probably grab it super cheap (it is already around the $20 mark) in September to play before AssCree3 on the last day of October.

Which is also my birthday! And GMG were nice enough to gift me a copy for some Twitter thing! I never win stuff so that was awesome.

Dead Man

Oh yeah I wasn't meaning anything by it. I never had an issue with getting into cover on PC, I didn't do much running though. Basically got into cover early, popped some heads until I was clear and got my 2 dudes to attack the final stragglers as I moved up into the next set of cover.

I keep hearing no. Will probably grab it super cheap (it is already around the $20 mark) in September to play before AssCree3 on the last day of October.

Which is also my birthday! And GMG were nice enough to gift me a copy for some Twitter thing! I never win stuff so that was awesome.

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing too. I think I'll just read the story online before 3 comes out. If I like the ones I've got that is, yay for adding to the backlog.

Card Boy

Banned
So I just picked up AC1, 2 and Brotherhood for $40. Should I bother with the other one?

Yes Revelations is awesome if you are staving for more AC after Brotherhood, it not as long as AC2 and Brotherhood. It adds some new additions and combat, don't expect too much on the Desmond side of the story. It basically tells of Ezio's and Ateliers final days. But if you want to watch Ezios 'true' final chapter watch the short film Assassin Creed Embers after clocking Revelations.

Dead Man

Yes Revelations is awesome if you are staving for more AC after Brotherhood, it not as long as AC2 and Brotherhood. It adds some new additions and combat, don't expect too much on the Desmond side of the story. It basically tells of Ezio's and Ateliers final days. But if you want to watch Ezios 'true' final chapter watch the short film Assassin Creed Embers after clocking Revelations.

Crap. Okay, I will wait as long as possible after playing the first three, budgets are tight man!

midonnay

blowing out now :(

only the Ghost of WCE-Syd rivalry can save us...

edit: lol, Jack Darling subbed off..... yup...thats our entire forward line gone now.

I realise it's going to be largely a matter of geographic context, but the couple of guys I knew on Abstudy back when I was in highschool were in a similar socioeconomic situation to myself and really would've fit just as well into Austudy, which I was on. If this was followed up with the establishment of a suitably targeted service that would help those that really needed it, with the kind of people I mentioned being worked into the regular system I'd be all for the cut.

As it is, I can't say I'm against it. Austudy is there to cover those that need it.

Salazar

Main issue is if they are cutting services along with it. I was under the impression that they are looking for more jobs to cull.

Well, it's part of the pattern - proceeding from cutting Aboriginal and female targeted counselling in prisons.

Deffo just looking for savings.

And the idea that, because disadvantage shouldn't be related to skin colour, it should be administratively treated as if it's not - well, fuck.

Salazar

what is the difference between abstudy and austudy/youth allowance anyways?

Abstudy accommodates factors that can be particularly acute for Aboriginal students, like remoteness, housing issues and so on. I think the payments can be bumped up a little.

Of course, god bless the Christian-toned LNP for selling us the elimination of a remedial scheme under a "we are all the saaaaame, one love" banner.

midonnay

^^^^^^^^ bloody swans...... the last loss at Subi was against them too. At least I won my supercoach match by like 3 points.

Abstudy accommodates factors that can be particularly acute for Aboriginal students, like remoteness, housing issues and so on. I think the payments can be bumped up a little.

fair enough.....although the allowances for postgrad is pretty generous lol (I don't think you can get benefits for postgrad usually)

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/centrelink/abstudy/abstudy-payments

I guess there isn't as many aboriginal students doing research.

Of course, god bless the Christian-toned LNP for selling us the elimination of a remedial scheme under a "we are all the saaaaame, one love" banner.

From my time working at a Uni I got the feeling it also meant if you were eligible to be considered Aboriginal there was a lot less paperwork to fill out and a lot less checks in place as you go compared to Austudy which becomes quite stringent once you should be at the tailend of your degree.

Is it just me or has there been an upswing in stupidity on GAF in the last few months

Last batch of Juniors got everyone riled up. A lot of slack has been cut to them so now the rest of GAF feel it is okay to talk bullshit and they won't get banned for outrageous stupidity.

Also this generation is long in the teeth and people are just itching to get some progress going so the pessimism is high.

remz

Is it just me or has there been an upswing in stupidity on GAF in the last few months

It's summer in the USA. You can notice a general slide towards stupidity across the whole internet, kids are off of school and therefore have plenty of time to shit up forums >_>

Last batch of Juniors got everyone riled up. A lot of slack has been cut to them so now the rest of GAF feel it is okay to talk bullshit and they won't get banned for outrageous stupidity.

Also this generation is long in the teeth and people are just itching to get some progress going so the pessimism is high.

I honestly believe this has been one of the best generations ever, so the apparent consensus on gaming that the whole industry is about to collapse due to increasingly shit games is bizarre.

Speaking of awesome games, back to Spec Ops. How good are the messages in the loading screens towards the end? (I assume its near the end)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't think legend posted, But he had a date on saturday and it went splendid.

Another one lined up next week.

What a dawg boss man thingy.

Jader7777

Banned
http://miff.com.au/films/view?film_id=125903

Based on the hugely popular Nintendo series, Ace Attorney is set in a futuristic courtroom where trials are fast-tracked to fight rising crime. Rookie defence lawyer Phoenix Wright is pitted against his childhood friend and ruthless prosecutor Miles Edgeworth in a complex case linked to a 15-year-old mystery.Never has courtroom sparring been so frenetic, as the two sides engage in tournament-like bouts to win over the jury. Full of twists and turns, visual gags and extravagant hairstyles, this crowd-pleaser should appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike.

Going and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom