• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Did anyone else watch the broadcast of Batman Begins on Saturday night? Maybe it was all the ads (140 minute film, 40 minutes of ads) but seriously had to rename it Batman Bores. Wife gave up about half-way through wondering when the damn film was going to start. Did channel 9 just edit out the interesting bits maybe?

Coincidentally watched it on bray, my gf had never seen it, she loved it and is harassing me to watch TDK now. It is a brilliant film, better than TDK to me. Legder is awesome, but everything around him is weak.

HOLY SHIT BLACK DYNAMITE EPISODE?! I KNOW ITS THE ONE THAT WAS ON YOUTUBE/CN ALREADY BUT HDDDDD

edit: holy shit its not the kermit episode. aw this isnt as good as the kermit episode. :(

I've got like 4 hanging around. I should get rid of them.

Egg in a burger is okay. Needs its best mate bacon to make it really work though. Beetroot can fuck right off.

Yeah I found Batman Begins had some good parts, but it was also pretty bad on the pacing. The Dark Knight was amazing though. So hype for Rises.

Eggs I can take or leave, but I like beetroot in my burger. Not a fan of pineapple making an appearance.

r1chard

Beetroot is fucked up.

Like my fucking PC. Which has up and died completely out of the blue. Motherboard death too. I wasn't planning on upgrading this year and now I have to go and read all those tedious posts about PC building (yay whirlpool!)

Or this might be my first PC that I don't actually build from scratch. I must be getting old.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
This is the worst fucking thing I have ever seen in my life, someone shoot me now. These people are about as genuine as a $2 Rolex. I hate them all. How is this shit even an actual show?!?

there's not even a fucking premise

half of the people dont even meet eachother wtf

stick them in a fucking house. ffs.

r1chard

Right, based on Whirlpool's "Intel Gaming Config" and some advice from GAF's build-me-a-PC thread... I think I'll be looking at this system tomorrow at MSY around the corner.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3450 $199 (or 3570 $220...)
Mobo: Asrock B75M $68
RAM: G.Skill Ares 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 $58
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (ST2000DM001) $119
GPU: Sapphire 2GB AMD Radeon HD7870 GHz Edition $339
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520C $66
ODD: DVD burner $19

All up $868 using my current case and peripherals. All the system internals are new though since I don't really know what killed it - getting rid of all the old HDDs I've accumulated over the years, and the IDE DVD burner. It's a reasonable upgrade from my old Q6600 / 5770 system which has served me pretty well for about 5 years (well, the Radeon 5770 replaced the GeForce 7800GT from the system previous to that one...)

Watching Louie season 2, still not sold on the show to be honest.

Right, based on Whirlpool's "Intel Gaming Config" and some advice from GAF's build-me-a-PC thread... I think I'll be looking at this system tomorrow at MSY around the corner.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3450 $199 (or 3570 $220...)
Mobo: Asrock B75M $68
RAM: G.Skill Ares 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 $58
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (ST2000DM001) $119
GPU: Sapphire 2GB AMD Radeon HD7870 GHz Edition $339
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520C $66
ODD: DVD burner $19

All up $868 using my current case and peripherals. All the system internals are new though since I don't really know what killed it - getting rid of all the old HDDs I've accumulated over the years, and the IDE DVD burner. It's a reasonable upgrade from my old Q6600 / 5770 system which has served me pretty well for about 5 years (well, the Radeon 5770 replaced the GeForce 7800GT from the system previous to that one...)

Seems pretty good.

The moment we were cast out of heaven, we became monsters

6Tt5h.jpg

For Rahk.
BananaArnie House Fun Fact number 1:
there are 11 different sets of tiles in my house.
add to that 2 duplicates for a total of 13 different tiled areas all with no theme or reasoning behind the ridiculous amount of variety.
we have no idea what they were thinking when they built this house
if you ask nicely i might even take pics.

Danoss

I'm late to the beetroot party it seems. I am sad that I have run out of beetroot in the house, will need to buy some more when I do the shopping this week.

I don't go for the tinned stuff, I like to boil, slice, and pickle them myself. I usually have a little bit after it's freshly boiled, hot beetroot is great. If you haven't had it, try some roasted beetroot, it's incredible.

Time to start getting a proper backup solution in place, what online retailers does AusGAF recommend for hdd's and the like?

How much are you wanting to backup?

For Rahk.
BananaArnie House Fun Fact number 1:
there are 11 different sets of tiles in my house.
add to that 2 duplicates for a total of 13 different tiled areas all with no theme or reasoning behind the ridiculous amount of variety.
we have no idea what they were thinking when they built this house
if you ask nicely i might even take pics.

Seems a tad ridiculous. I demand pictures be taken at once.

All of walking dead isn't out yet?!?!!??? *rage*
I'm late to the beetroot party it seems. I am sad that I have run out of beetroot in the house, will need to buy some more when I do the shopping this week.

I don't go for the tinned stuff, I like to boil, slice, and pickle them myself. I usually have a little bit after it's freshly boiled, hot beetroot is great. If you haven't had it, try some roasted beetroot, it's incredible.
Damn that sounds good. I think I've only ever had the tinned stuff, but I'm keen to try it fresh/ roasted.

This is the truth.

Darklord

Banned
Being so far away from friends sucks arse. I realized the Dark Knight Rises is out this week then I remembered there's no one to see it with and I hate going by my self. :(

Right now it's about 2 tb but it will grow pretty quickly. I want to find a solution that will handle 6-8tb

Synology and qnap have some nice 4-5 bay arrays. Though a little pricey, $500ish, though are dead simple to use.

If your on a budget I'd recommend a hp micro server (300ish) bit more to setup but half the price.

HolyCheck

I'll prob go see it alone since no one here wants to!

Movies alone is the way to go!

Also, my house mate started his new job today! Yay! I can be paid rent

Stackboy

This is the worst fucking thing I have ever seen in my life, someone shoot me now. These people are about as genuine as a $2 Rolex. I hate them all. How is this shit even an actual show?!?

Because people like yourself keep watching it, rant about it and create hype.

midonnay

Being so far away from friends sucks arse. I realized the Dark Knight Rises is out this week then I remembered there's no one to see it with and I hate going by my self. :(

if you can go to the midnight sessions...you can probably cosplay and blend into the crowd >_>

HolyCheck

Melbourne, I don't understand how your bus system can be this unhelpful.

I'm catching a bus to a stop called harp road. Wtf is that? How many stops do I need to count for that? What stops preceed it so I know to be alert? Better yet how the fuck do I know when to press the buzzer unless I sit here with a GPS up monitoring the bus and marking "harp st" ffs.

Clipper

So SydGAF, we need to make some decisions about what we are doing this weekend and next weekend regarding board gaming and the potential meetup.

My probing for input has resulted in little interest in a full meetup so far, so I've done the Google poll thingy to attempt to actually get people to respond.

Please take a moment to fill it in so we can decide on what to do and whether we're doing a full meetup, just Game of Thrones board gaming or preferably both.

fffffffffffffffffff Missed the Community Vote this morning :(

http://hypebeast.com/2012/07/the-dark-knight-rises-soundtrack-full-album-stream/

fell asleep listening to the dark knight rise OST.....

probably dreamt the entire movie already.....but can't remember >_>
Fool! Never listen to it before the movie, will take away that juicy first experience.

I think I might have to go myself as well. #kids
I'll prob go see it alone since no one here wants to!

You fuckers can come watch it with me and 2 mates, this Thursday at 3:15pm at Melbourne IMAX, expecting it to be a 3 hour epic going by TDK.

No talking though. No fucking talking during the movie.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
You fuckers can come watch it with me and 2 mates, this Thursday at 3:15pm at Melbourne IMAX, expecting it to be a 3 hour epic going by TDK.

No talking though. No fucking talking during the movie.
Man I would totally come if I didn't have class on that day.:(

midonnay

^^^^^^^
I reckon music is different from knowing the plot....

like the difference between going to a concert blind and already listening to the album 30 times....doesn't necessary detract from the experience.

Holycheck ask the bus driver :/

I blame you reptile for Beyond Good & Evil not winning...

... it'll be 75% off before the sale is done.
That was one of the choices? >_< At least everyone can grab Mirrors Edge!

like the difference between going to a concert blind and already listening to the album 30 times....doesn't necessary detract from the experience.
Nah, the music is to complement the visuals, give you that shiver down the spine when a musical sting hits as some moody, fuck yeah moment is framed. Don't want to spoil that by remembering I listened to it the other day in my room.

I don't mind going to the movies alone, but what I really miss is being able to make snide comments about the previews or stupid shit in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom