• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

On the off chance I don't turn up tomorrow it's not because I'm a terrible person (well, okay, maybe it is)... it's actually fairly likely I just forgot :| Winter and gas-heaters really hurt my brain.

Clipper

On the off chance I don't turn up tomorrow it's not because I'm a terrible person (well, okay, maybe it is)... it's actually fairly likely I just forgot :| Winter and gas-heaters really hurt my brain.

I'll try to post early in the thread for you again ;)

Edit: Oh well, seeing as nobody else posted I'll edit instead.

SydGAF: Winter is coming. Today. Starting shortly after 10. It's a little more punctual than in Westeros :p.

Jintor

Arrrrgh... this makes me feel really shitty, but I just woke up with an intense pain in my chest. I don't really think I should be out and about today, Clipper :/ Sorry guys... but this is actually kind of worrying me.

Clipper

Arrrrgh... this makes me feel really shitty, but I just woke up with an intense pain in my chest. I don't really think I should be out and about today, Clipper :/ Sorry guys... but this is actually kind of worrying me.

Yeah, go see a doctor, that could be serious. My mate was about your age when he got symptoms like yours while we were on a bus into uni. Turns out it was spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung)...

Jintor

Okay, it's not a collapsed lung at least, I'm now able to move beyond the confines of my room. Still feeling a little crap though.

A big thanks to everyone from AusGAF who has now all paid up for reptile's gift. Good job :)
Thanks guys! Will have photos up at some point when I can remember how to operate machinery again. Off to Geelong for 2 days; got a pie eating contest at the Wharf Shed this arvo and my favourite place in the world Hi Sushi for a romantic dinner. Plus spending gift cards! The cash is harder to part with considering all our expenses but with a gift card you can't use them on bills!
Although they are for Myer and Coles/Kmart/Target not JB HiFi or EBGames sadly :)

Tell your real estate to service the heater, they should do it every 12 months so you avoid getting poisoned. Highly highly recommend it as inhaling that gas will have all kinds of reparations on you.

midonnay

from the vic health safety site >_>

Gas heaters need to be looked after. An unsafe or faulty heater can cause serious problems. Health problems that seem worse, or only occur when the heating is on, may be caused by carbon monoxide from a faulty gas heater. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness, nausea and chest pain. High levels of carbon monoxide can cause unconsciousness and death.

certainly sounds ominous o.o

Like chest pains?

No idea, co2 poisoning is one we have to look out for. Mainly headaches and pain in the eyes.

EDIT: well yes then :)
Thankfully do't hear of it going that far but most of our tenants we hear from are quick to get on the horn even if a bee looks at them funny.

Deeku

Yay finished Persona 4 vita! Not 100%, but did the bonus dungeon and got the true ending:D

98 hours:O I think I'm all persona'd/smt'd out for a good while.

Gazunta

To the lovely AusGAFfians (you know who you are) who helped me rediscover so many 90s Aussie bands last night on Steam chat:

THANK YOU

Allison Galloway from Smudge HNNNNGH

Go the SWANS!!! another good win. four points in it with five minutes on the clock and they kick four goals one to lock up the game. Very poor looking game due to the windy conditions. St kilda will probably lose their spot once fremantle wins agains greater western sydney.

Clipper

There were just two of us, but we made the most of SydGAF by enjoying the hell out of Uncharted: Board Game.

Results of the four games were:
  • Karl Schäfer (Donc) vs. Chloe Frazer (Clip): Chloe wins on points
  • Karl Schäfer (Donc) vs. Victor Sullivan (Clip): Sully wins on points
  • Nathan Drake (Clip) vs. Zoran Lazarevic: An epic end battle with a tank that ended with Drake sacrificing himself so that the tank would kill Lazarevic, but Lazarevic came back to life afterwards, winning the game while gloating over Drake's bullet-ridden corpse.
  • Harry Flynn (Clip) vs. Karl Schäfer (Donc): Flynn stopped Karl from using his regain life card, then did some quick treasure hunting to leave Karl facing a firing squad of 5 enemies that promptly murdered him. Flynn never even fired a pistol.

Looking forward to next week as well when we should have at least 5 players (Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic & Rahk) for Game of Thrones Second Edition. There's still another seat available if somebody wants to join in too...

No idea, co2 poisoning is one we have to look out for. Mainly headaches and pain in the eyes.

Just to be pedantic, it's CO poisoning. Carbon dioxide isn't nearly as harmful, especially seeing how we exhale it...

There were just two of us, but we made the most of SydGAF by enjoying the hell out of Uncharted: Board Game.

Results of the four games were:
  • Karl Schäfer (Donc) vs. Chloe Frazer (Clip): Chloe wins on points
  • Karl Schäfer (Donc) vs. Victor Sullivan (Clip): Sully wins on points
  • Nathan Drake (Clip) vs. Zoran Lazarevic: An epic end battle with a tank that ended with Drake sacrificing himself so that the tank would kill Lazarevic, but Lazarevic came back to life afterwards, winning the game while gloating over Drake's bullet-ridden corpse.
  • Harry Flynn (Clip) vs. Karl Schäfer (Donc): Flynn stopped Karl from using his regain life card, then did some quick treasure hunting to leave Karl facing a firing squad of 5 enemies that promptly murdered him. Flynn never even fired a pistol.

Looking forward to next week as well when we should have at least 5 players (Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic & Rahk) for Game of Thrones Second Edition. There's still another seat available if somebody wants to join in too...

Karl is terrible.

midonnay

Go the SWANS!!! another good win. four points in it with five minutes on the clock and they kick four goals one to lock up the game. Very poor looking game due to the windy conditions. St kilda will probably lose their spot once fremantle wins agains greater western sydney.

might be their year..... they seem to be holding fast against the curse of number one....

jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx

Salazar

AT least 21 people have been burnt after walking on hot coals for motivational speaker Tony Robbins.

The San Jose Mercury News reports that at least three people went to a hospital and most suffered second- or third-degree burns.

Robbins was hosting a four-day gathering called "Unleash the Power Within" at the San Jose Convention Centre. Witnesses say on Thursday, a crowd went to a park where 12 lanes of hot coals were laid out on the grass.

Robbins' website promotes "The Firewalk Experience" in which people walk on super-heated coals.

Witness Jonathan Correll says he heard "screams of agony".

Fire Captain Reggie Williams says organisers had an open fire permit and emergency personnel were on standby.

lol

I find "super-heated coals" hilarious for some reason...lol

This is what they used

70898.jpg

Yeah, aren't they supposed to source a specific type of pumice stone?

Just got done moving house over the weekend. Having just come from a one bedroom unit, out comical miniature furniture makes our house look like a cavern.

Also, I'm knackered.

No, I think the secret to firewalking is that they usually walk on the wood when it's getting to the end of using up all of it's fuel. That, combined with the fact that wood is a very poor conductor of heat (it better at heat radiation, which makes it good for heating the general vicinity) means that the short time the foot is placed on the coals doesn't give it enough time for the heat to be passed to the skin. Pumice stone, I guess, would be somewhat similar.

Heat Beads, however, are treated to do exactly the opposite.

Motivational speaker? Sure.

Researcher? Nope.

Jintor

Hell, Clip, I might just join you lot during the day next week before I head out for the night... maybe get in at least one game of GoT. :)

Clipper

Hell, Clip, I might just join you lot during the day next week before I head out for the night... maybe get in at least one game of GoT. :)
You're more than welcome, but what time will you need to leave? The game's average length is apparently 3 hours, so we might not be able to get through a full game.

Let's just say that if you are coming, perhaps everyone should make an effort to either be on time (10:00-ish) or try to read the rulebook beforehand. There's also a rules summary and tutorial available that seem comprehensive enough to learn from, maybe. That way, I can explain rules to the people who come early and everybody else will be able to start when they arrive.

Yagharek

Thanks guys! Will have photos up at some point when I can remember how to operate machinery again. Off to Geelong for 2 days; got a pie eating contest at the Wharf Shed this arvo and my favourite place in the world Hi Sushi for a romantic dinner. Plus spending gift cards! The cash is harder to part with considering all our expenses but with a gift card you can't use them on bills!
Although they are for Myer and Coles/Kmart/Target not JB HiFi or EBGames sadly :)

Wait, it arrived already?!

Jintor

You're more than welcome, but what time will you need to leave? The game's average length is apparently 3 hours, so we might not be able to get through a full game.

Let's just say that if you are coming, perhaps everyone should make an effort to either be on time (10:00-ish) or try to read the rulebook beforehand. There's also a rules summary and tutorial available that seem comprehensive enough to learn from, maybe. That way, I can explain rules to the people who come early and everybody else will be able to start when they arrive.

It's a night thing so I should be at the place around 6 or 5:30 to start prepping...

Dead Man

No, I think the secret to firewalking is that they usually walk on the wood when it's getting to the end of using up all of it's fuel. That, combined with the fact that wood is a very poor conductor of heat (it better at heat radiation, which makes it good for heating the general vicinity) means that the short time the foot is placed on the coals doesn't give it enough time for the heat to be passed to the skin. Pumice stone, I guess, would be somewhat similar.

Heat Beads, however, are treated to do exactly the opposite.

Motivational speaker? Sure.

Researcher? Nope.

The ash from the wood also helps insulate I think.

Clipper

It's a night thing so I should be at the place around 6 or 5:30 to start prepping...

Well, we should be able to easily get the game complete and get you away on time. It'll be good to have all 6 houses in play...

So is Saturday your actual birthday or just the day you're celebrating on?

midonnay

ausgaf runs on chocrage

Massive choke by Adam scott at the British Open....

4 shots up with 4 holes to go.... and he norman-ed it :/

reamed a number of punters too

Scott held a four-shot lead with four holes to play in the final round but bogeyed 15, 16, 17 and 18 to leave Els the winning by one stroke at Royal Lytham.

More than £25,000 was matched at 1.02, with a further £424,000 traded at 1.03.

Raxum

Wow, what is wrong with people? Surely the people who went to that seminar/meeting thing would be able to sue him or something for negligence or something similar if he didn't do his research correctly? I mean, those kinds of burns to your feet would be pretty damaging, I can't see those people going to work or anywhere for a while.

Omikron

Steam sale damage.

11 Games ($69.11 / $6.28 avg)
3 DLC packs ($23.66 / $7.89)
1 Movie ($5)
3 Gifts Given ($20.92)
1 Gift Received

Total Spent $118.69

Edit: Adjusted :p

well. tis the season?
i think i spent more money on saints row dlc than anything else combined. saving my money till i play the games i have seeing as i know they will all be on sale again and i wont have played them before they do.

The only thing that piqued my interest was buying some old Star Wars games- all the Dark Forces games in a pack for $12 + KotOR for about $20 all up.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
After everyone else failing to get partners, legends stories are our only hope. In a quest for love, through this journey we will all find a part of ourselves renewed, full of hope and courage.

Read as this swans supporter takes us on a fairytale journey, On NeoGAF 01/01/13*

*Unfortunately the world is scheduled to end before this date. So it's a guessing game now.

I think it's sorta cool. As someone who isn't a teen and potentially falling in love for the first (i think?) time. I imagine the experience and perspective of being mid 20s to be slightly different to that of someone younger.

But then i'm more of a dreamer, So it's probably not that exciting or interesting at all.

Raxum

We're living vivaciously through you

Vivaciously? Do you mean vicariously? Not to nitpick, just trying to make sure I'm understanding correctly XD

Sounds like things are going well for legend here. Eagerly awaiting the next update. It's almost like a puzzle or something, we get clues as to how it's going and have to try and piece together what's happened and how it's going.

Stackboy

Am re-watching Fringe from the start. The gross factor is so much higher in the first season. Also, September makes an appearance in the second goddamn episode! Man this show is awesome.

Can't wait for the final season. There has been some lowpoints the series and some pretty rubbish monsters of the week, but I'm glad I've come this far.

Ausgaf, I came to my senses on the weekend and bought Driver: San Fran, comfy couch edition.

Plus spent $40 in the steam sale and got 5 games. Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom