• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

So this sale I picked up:

Assassins' Creed II: Revelations
Arma II: Combined Ops
Galactive Civilisation II
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Dear Esther + OST
The Walking Dead
Alan Wake
From Dust
Tribes: Ascend Starter Pack
Legend of Grimrock
Rayman Origins

For around AU$100.

I bought these, for just under $65:
twGWK.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't think I spent that much on the summer sale. I may end up spending more in keys for dota 2 chests, Because i'm trying not to be scrooge mcduck, which i am, totally.

Fredescu

List of shame:

$3.74 Trine 2
$2.00 Pixeljunk Eden
$6.79 Warlock - Master of the Arcane
$14.99 Rayman Origins
$9.99 Alan Wake Bundle
$0.74 Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb (expansion)
$3.74 From Dust
$9.99 Indie Bundle 2 (Botanicula, Oil Rush, Splice, +2 others I already had)
$7.99 Ys Origin
$9.99 Serious Sam 3 BFE
$3.74 Qube
$14.99 The Walking Dead
$31.00 Skyrim
$0.00 Numen: Contest of Heroes
$4.99 Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity
$7.49 Krater
$4.99 Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate
$10.19 RAGE
$2.49 Dear Esther
$8.99 Quantum Conundrum
$6.24 Evochron Mercenary
$11.99 Arma II: Operation Arrowhead (expansion)
$1.24 Tobe's Vertical Adventure
$3.00 Sideway
$4.68 Hack, Slash, Loot
$5.09 Ys The Oath in Felghana
---
$191.07

Flash on it should be nice, I can finally watch streams!
I wouldn't bother with Flash on Android devices since Adobe is stopping all Flash development on that platform.

Otherwise that list seems like a reasonable list of good Android apps, regardless of Nexus 7 compatibility.

Raxum

Yeah, it's Jelly Bean. Probably 4.1.1 by now (my Galaxy Nexus went straight from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 OTA).

So, definitely not.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hZG9iZS5mbGFzaHBsYXllciJd

There's an android update out for the Galaxy Nexus and not my Galaxy S3? OUTRAGE! Nah, probably Samsung doing some nice testing on the devices to check compatibility. Still, I would like my Jelly Bean. (This post is provided on what news articles I can find that say the update hasn't come out on the S3 yet, but is expected soon)

Yagharek

What the hell is up with ausgaf? Bannings, weddings and legend getting spoken for. Too much turmoil! Maybe vook will start posting again.

Jelly Bean isn't officially available in Australia on any device to my knowledge. In Australia (at least on my Galaxy Nexus) Samsung still has to approve it, as well as the carriers approving it.

That's why I bought the Galaxy Nexus and flashed it with the "yakju" image (the Google default image). Now it gets updates straight from Google when they decide to release it, and I don't have to wait for carriers to get in the way.

Here's the link to the factory images for those with Nexus devices willing to muck about with them:
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Edit: Hmm, I see there's a "takju" image out there which also includes Google Wallet... I wonder if it'd actually work in Australia (with a US pre-paid credit card, of course).

Fredescu

Nexus devices always get updates quicker because they don't go through carrier and manufacturer testing. Personally I didn't buy my phone because of the promise for future OS updates, but some do I guess.

Raxum

Nexus devices always get updates quicker because they don't go through carrier and manufacturer testing. Personally I didn't buy my phone because of the promise for future OS updates, but some do I guess.

Ah I didn't either, the phone is pretty damn good as is. I just like updates in general, usually they make things nicer and add nice features.

codswallop, I couldn't be bothered flashing this phone yet, I started looking at custom ROMs and google base images and stuff on my Galaxy S1 towards the end of it's life and they just seemed to be a bit of a headache with some apps clashing with things on certain ROMs and such. I'm just going to leave this stock for now and wait for manufacturer/carrier updates.

Jintor

I bought all these fucking games during the Steam sale but the only thing I'm playing is FTL OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Oh new page, good work ausgaffers.

Just got back from a run. Yesterday was the first time I've run in months cause I'm an lazy idiot. Managed 3km yesterday and again today so I'm not too upset with that. Especially cause I'm getting a bit of asthma, damn winter. Side note: I've had asthma for 19 years and I still can't spell it heh

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Welp, Works going to be interesting.

Manager resigned this morning after the clusterfuck the past few weeks has been. I imagine 1 more to move on shortly with the other two to maybe move on over the coming months as they get more experience under their belt. Although 1 wasn't here when all the madness went down, so he could stick around.

Stupid shit.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Steam sale damages.

Mount and blade: warband DLC $2.50
Trine 2 $3.74
Bioshock 2 $0.00 (won / gifted)
Galactic civ 2 $0.00 (gifted)
Fortune summoners $5.00
Double-fine bundle $7.49

Total: $18.73

Star Trek Insurrection was such a shit movie. Who would guess that Tom Hardy would go on to do TWO Nolan movies!

Cookie to get a promotion!

Aren't you confusing Insurrection with Nemesis?

Tom hardy was in Nemesis not Insurrection iirc

Steam sale stuff I bought/gifts received
Code:
21 Jul 2012		$2.49			FarCry 2
20 Jul 2012		Gift (Jambo)		Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
20 Jul 2012		Gift (Omi)		Gumboy Tournament
17 Jul 2012		$4.99			Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
17 Jul 2012		$12.49			Fable III Collection
16 Jul 2012		$2.49			Prince of Persia
15 Jul 2012		$8.73			Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb, Ys Origin
14 Jul 2012		$1.24			The Binding Of Isaac
13 Jul 2012		$24.99			Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total			$57.42

Dead Man

Bought nothing in the Steam sale, quite proud of myself actually.

Welp, Works going to be interesting.

Manager resigned this morning after the clusterfuck the past few weeks has been. I imagine 1 more to move on shortly with the other two to maybe move on over the coming months as they get more experience under their belt. Although 1 wasn't here when all the madness went down, so he could stick around.

Stupid shit.
Go get the managers job!!

Who would guess that Tom Hardy would end up being a great actor?

Fixed that up for you. If you haven't seen Bronson, he is amazing in that. The film is a bit of an acquired taste, but Hardy is awesome.

Raxum

9 Jul 2012 $11.99 Purchase
Ys Origin

19 Jul 2012 $3.74 Purchase
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

18 Jul 2012 $29.99 Purchase
The Witcher 2 (AU)

18 Jul 2012 $4.99 Purchase
Just Cause 2

17 Jul 2012 $4.99 Purchase
Metro 2033 All Languages

17 Jul 2012 $4.99 Purchase
FEAR 3

16 Jul 2012 $9.99 Purchase
Cities XL 2012

14 Jul 2012 $29.99 Purchase
Anno 2070 Pack

My steam sale damages, not sure if I got Ys Origin as part of the sale or not, but it was on sale, during the summer sale so... Looks like just over $100

Fffffffff yes, they were both terrible though!

Yakuza Dead Souls LE with some DLC shit worth $29?

Hell yeah it's worth $29. It's not the best Yakuza game, but it's a steal for that price.

Also quite proud of myself - didn't go too crazy on Steam sales...thanks to owning all of them mostly. Though today was all gifting, so that was fun.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks like Holycheck won't be posting for awhile either.... >_>
Must be going through some personal issues as he left AusGAF + removed all of them off his friends list (including me) plus deactivated his facebook. Here's hoping he's doing okay, and isn't pissed off at us or something.:p

Rezbit

Hit my limit of 50 buckeroos with Steam sale. Netted me about a dozen games, some of them real good ones, others I took a punt on.

Yagharek

Whatever you do then don't checkout the depression OT.

I almost felt physically ill reading accounts from someone on gaf a few months back. They were posting about brain zzaps when coming off of antidepressants. I never had any issues with them, either on or coming off them, but it still made me feel sick to read it.

Even moreso than sympathetic pain/wincing when someone gets kicked in the nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom