• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

I didn't buy any Steam games at all. I did, however, receive an RPG in the post today I had ordered through Kickstarter a while ago. I'll have to have a read through, but the concept certainly interested me when I first saw it. The artwork throughout the book is incredible, I'm glad they were able to raise enough funds to print it in colour.

I'm also rather impressed with some of the names they got involved; seeing Jason Morningstar and Jason L Blair attached got me rather excited. I'm keen to see what their scenarios are like.

The front and back cover of Don't Walk in Winter Wood.

f1pwB.jpg
jdqwv.jpg

Clipper

I didn't buy any Steam games at all. I did, however, receive an RPG in the post today I had ordered through Kickstarter a while ago. I'll have to have a read through, but the concept certainly interested me when I first saw it. The artwork throughout the book is incredible, I'm glad they were able to raise enough funds to print it in colour.

I'm also rather impressed with some of the names they got involved; seeing Jason Morningstar and Jason L Blair attached got me rather excited. I'm keen to see what their scenarios are like.

The front and back cover of Don't Walk in Winter Wood.

f1pwB.jpg
jdqwv.jpg

Seems good mate. For the ultimate in Kickstarter goodness, make this the one you run for us in Roll20 :p.

YES! Hotel has Foxtel, watching old Power Rangers on NICK while eating Peri Peri chips from Nandos.

Also thought someone might not have seen this one yet
tumblr_m7ctgzK2as1rvit3jo1_500.jpg

Steam damage:
Batman Arkham City & Harley Quinn DLC - GIFT FROM AWESOME GAF
Serious Sam 3 BFE - GIFT FROM AWESOME GAF
Football Manager 2012 - GIFT FROM AWESOME GAF
Dawn of War Gold Edition - $3.75
FarCry 2 - GIFT FROM AWESOME GAF
Nation Red - GIFT FROM AWESOME GAF
Fable The Lost Chapters - $2.50
Age of Empires Online - Starter Pack DLC - $2.50
Shoot Many Robots - GIFT FROM AWESOME GAF
The Tiny Bang Story - Groupee Build A Bundle 2 like $0.60
Dogfighter- Groupee Build A Bundle 2 like $0.60
Syberia 2- Groupee Build A Bundle 2 like $0.60
Dead Horde- Groupee Build A Bundle 2 like $0.60
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Preorder - $10
Dear Esther - $2.50
Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal - $1.25
Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash - $0.60
Monkey Island 2 HD - $2.50
L.A. Noire - $3.75
Alan Wake American Nightmare - $3.75
PixelJunk Eden - $2.00

Plus several gifts

Came to $49.50, so a great haul for a low price due to everyone being amazingly generous!

Hell yeah it's worth $29. It's not the best Yakuza game, but it's a steal for that price.
Danggggg left it behind. Might grab it if I get back into Market Square tomorrow. Picked up 3D Dot Heroes on PS3 for $16, Binary Domain on 360 for $19 and Bionic Commando for $8.

Must be going through some personal issues as he left AusGAF + removed all of them off his friends list (including me) plus deactivated his facebook. Here's hoping he's doing okay, and isn't pissed off at us or something.:p
Ah that sucks, I took a breather when I lost my job last year and was in a bit of a dark place. Hopefully things turn around for him.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/13324

Click to big it.

Next-gen Mafia 3.

Rep, tell me I'm right. Tell me I'm fucken right.
You are fucking right and 2K Czech better be knee fucking deep in Mafia 3 right now as I need to get my hands on the gunplay again.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Danggggg left it behind. Might grab it if I get back into Market Square tomorrow. Picked up 3D Dot Heroes on PS3 for $16, Binary Domain on 360 for $19 and Bionic Commando for $8.
Haha, your going be in Market Square tomorrow? I'll probably be hanging around in the EB or JB-HI Fi there around 1-2 pm or something.

Danoss

I got all excited and thought it was some sort of rebirth of this

Turns out it's a book with a PDF. What a waste of video game money!

Pfft, you wouldn't have video games if it weren't for things like this "waste of money". I'll take it over some repetitive mechanic that costs 3x the cost any day.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
how do I check Steam sale $$$ and purchases? I can't even keep track of it all.

So I'm in Tokyo. Just hung out at a dart enthusiast bar. Not what I expected to be doing in Tokyo, but it was pretty rad. Cheap kirins anywhere are hard to pass up

Something about a fiddle challenge? If I could I would dude, mostly because my one term of Japanese when I was 13 really isn't holding up. Luckily pointing and saying arigato so far means I won't starve to death.

The Sony showroom was awesome. 3d handycams that look like binoculars are rad. I'm going to a sump museum and the Tokyo palace (gardens) tomorrow

Edit - it's fucking muggy as hell. That kind of muggy you know isn't going to lead to rain and piss off. Give me a day or two and I'll be used to it. It's no worse than Brisbane of a summer

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does ausgaf want to sign up for the dota 2 in house? I'm guessing it could be hard due to times though. Could be stupid fun.

In the $250 range for GPUs is a GTX560Ti about the best buy? Upgrading from an 8800GT so according to the hierarchy chart (thanks Fred) it should be a reasonable upgrade for a smallish outlay. I'm more likely to stick with nVidia nowadays.

... although the 7850s seem to be quite a lot better for only a little more cash.

Went back and picked up Dead Souls on the recommendation of Darth, plus it is an awesome song, after a morning of Mill Marketing. Picked up a bitchin' tea cup and saucer for a friend who played piano at the ceremony. Motherfucking Dog & Shake time at Wendy's. Bacon AND onion AND cheese AND mustard AND sauce. Heaven.

In the $250 range for GPUs is a GTX560Ti about the best buy? Upgrading from an 8800GT so according to the hierarchy chart (thanks Fred) it should be a reasonable upgrade for a smallish outlay. I'm more likely to stick with nVidia nowadays.

... although the 7850s seem to be quite a lot better for only a little more cash.
That's the card I have had my eyes on for months too, step up from my 460. Would grab the MSI 560ti Hawk, always wanted a Twin Frozr. Should overclock a little and has the benefit of Nvidia drivers, won't look at ATI due to their drivers.

That's the card I have had my eyes on for months too, step up from my 460. Would grab the MSI 560ti Hawk, always wanted a Twin Frozr. Should overclock a little and has the benefit of Nvidia drivers, won't look at ATI due to their drivers.
Yeah it'll be a big upgrade for me either way. The decision is whether to go with the certainty of an Nvidia card or the risk of an ATI card. It's about 10% faster for around $20, so it's definitely a good deal if I have no issues with it.

Yeah it'll be a big upgrade for me either way. The decision is whether to go with the certainty of an Nvidia card or the risk of an ATI card. It's about 10% faster for around $20, so it's definitely a good deal if I have no issues with it.
My other thought was to go straight to a 670 as that would have such a huge performance boost that I could get a massive monitor and still not need to upgrade for another 4-5 years

Fredescu

Rep, personally I wouldn't upgrade from a 460 to a 560ti. Not enough of a leap. Is there anything that your 460 doesn't run? I'd hold out for a gen if you want something for that price. Be strong!

Yagharek

I just went and ordered the full Pink Floyd album set. And the last few Miyazaki films I have yet to see.

I guess now the only things I need to do are play Super Metroid for the first time, and read Ulysses.

Someone vomiting all over the pavement, declaring it 'totally sick brah', and then speeding off in their father's lexus.

Sounds distinctly un-Tolkien like.

I just went and ordered the full Pink Floyd album set. And the last few Miyazaki films I have yet to see.

I guess now the only things I need to do are play Super Metroid for the first time, and read Ulysses.

Sounds like a great time. Of interest, which Miyakazi films are you yet to see?

Yagharek

Sounds like a great time. Of interest, which Miyakazi films are you yet to see?

Ponyo, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa, Princess Mononoke.

Last year I went and tracked down all the Tarantino films. This year its Miyazaki. A few of his films are in the handful of films that have brought tears to my eyes. No other director Ive come across has done that more than once.

I've seen those ones though it's been a while for all but Ponyo and Kiki's Delivery Service. My brain is telling me Laputa was my favourite from that list.

Totoro is still the one to beat IMO. Saw that for the first time this year.

Yagharek

Oh shit, havent seen Totoro either >.<

Ive seen Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle and Nausicaa.

I think Nausicaa is my favourite of those three, but its a near impossible call to make.

Actually, I don't think I've seen Nausicaa (at least not all of it in one shot)... Best add that to my list.

Don't forget Castle of Cagliostro!

Edit: Just heard from Holy -- he's laying low for a while, doesn't hate AusGAF. :)

markot

Banned
I spent all my steam sales money on keys for dota 2 >_<

Probably at 40 bucks now... stupid boxes of mystery and wonder...

Raxum

My other thought was to go straight to a 670 as that would have such a huge performance boost that I could get a massive monitor and still not need to upgrade for another 4-5 years

The 670 is the card I just got for my rig, so far it's doing really well, that plus the Ivy Bridge VirtuMVP program seems to be making a pretty reasonable difference in framerates and such, though my old PC wasn't really overly old or bad. Only really upgraded due to a need for my partner to have a gaming PC.

Still working on overclocking and balancing it all out so it runs nice and smooth, but I don't have a new cooling system or anything for this box so I'm a bit dubious about overclocking too much at this point. That said, non-overclocked i5-3570K + GTX670 runs most things at ~60fps on highest settings. Don't have Battlefield 3 to test that though so I can't confirm complete awesomeness. Definitely worth looking into as an upgrade though.

markot

Banned
Just shit to put on characters... ive gotten like 5 beards, stupid natures prophet >_>;

But they also have the 'chance for a super rare secret thing omgomgomg!'... but i never get em >.<

Jaxter09

Would anyone be interested in a Steam files trade ie. posting burned backup files? Sales + shitty overpriced Telstra 3G is not a good mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom