• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

We're considering running a game of the online version of Discworld: Ankh Morpork I created tonight. Anyone interested in joining in? There's two more seats to spare...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
But they are French, and his office has alot of knives, so he just has to negotiate in his office with them!

In an odd way it could actually be possible. Valve would be bringing in enough money via steam, TF2 & dota items to pay off a loan in a short period of time. On top of that, Blizzard would be bringing in $$$$$$$$ with WoW subs as normal and if Titan was a success then there's even more money, Along with D3 expansions and SC2 expansions.

It would just be a little odd though. It would feel like a monopoly for some reason and valve usually buy small teams to bring them in.

Also how is your nexus 7? What have you done with it so far!

markot

Banned
Its good, no problems, excpet I kinda wish I could have some control on the colours, make it 'vibrant', I always do that on pcs and shit.

But I havent done much with it >.<

Its great though. Im hoping soon that more of the widgets will get tablet versions, some of them are too small, so ive got alot of empty real estate. Also hope the launchers update soon too to make them more friendly, little problems with them bug me, but its weird how limited the default google launcher is compared to Apex for instance, no editing screen numbers, no tabs in the drawer thingy beside apps and widgets.

midonnay

iirc Valve is estimated to be worth around a 1 billion to 1 1/2 billion bucks.....

activision is too big for them :/

edit:

more like 3...... gabe newell was the one worth that much >_>

Choc

Banned
it's very difficult to put a price on valve as its not a public company so we have no idea how much money they make

its probably significant for the size of the company though.

Yagharek

Subiaco crowd are a bunch of morans.

Brown nearly gets KO'd by a flying elbow; gets booed.

west coke eagles #23 whoever the fuck he is is going to be rubbed out for 3 weeks.

midonnay

Subiaco crowd are a bunch of morans.

Brown nearly gets KO'd by a flying elbow; gets booed.

west coke eagles #23 whoever the fuck he is is going to be rubbed out for 3 weeks.

all crowds do that.... they boo at every little thing

I was at the Essendon game, telstra dome in enemy territory and they're just as bad.

Same deal with the doggies and Richmond etc.

Yagharek

I was at the Essendon game, telstra dome in enemy territory and they're just as bad.

Not really. Games in melbourne between victorian teams usually have a reasonable balance of supporters from both sides. Crowds in 1 or 2 team towns are vastly more obnoxious. Thats because almost everyone at todays game booed the man who got knocked out.

OK, sure, its Jonathan Brown and he uses his head as a weapon every other week, but booing him for getting knocked out is in incredibly bad taste.

Rezbit

You're right, all crowds do it, but the Eagles seem to be the worst for it. Did the same thing to Roberts-Thomson when he got KO'd. Also if Ziebell got 4 weeks Glass should get 4 weeks.

midonnay

You're right, all crowds do it, but the Eagles seem to be the worst for it. Did the same thing to Roberts-Thomson when he got KO'd. Also if Ziebell got 4 weeks Glass should get 4 weeks.

nah, eagles gets the most attention because its perceived that it affects the umpire.

No one cared when Richmond fans celebrated when Sandilands got injured in the first quarter.

Yagharek

nah, eagles gets the most attention because its perceived that it affects the umpire.

No one cared when Richmond fans celebrated when Sandilands got injured in the first quarter.

Richmond fans are a special case. They think theyve won the flag if they win three straight.

midonnay

Not really. Games in melbourne between victorian teams usually have a reasonable balance of supporters from both sides. Crowds in 1 or 2 team towns are vastly more obnoxious. Thats because almost everyone at todays game booed the man who got knocked out.

most games I attend in Melbourne we're outnumber 20 to 1 >_>

except the bulldogs..... such a sad bunch. Definitely the most feral though. Got abused all the way from the station.

Dead Man

I think there is certainly something to that, but footy fans in general are not not for showing good taste when gathered in large groups.

Jintor

Finally got around to watching Pulp Fiction on Bluray. God damn that's an excellent movie. A little light on really meaning anything all in all but just some damn fine cinematography and acting.

You, I do not believe!
You wound me, good sir. I thought we had built a relationship on honesty, integrity and trust.

Pains me as it does, I shall fight through the pain your disbelief has wrought upon me and shall provide adequate proof.

528BG.jpg

Omikron

You wound me, good sir. I thought we had built a relationship on honesty, integrity and trust.

Pains me as it does, I shall fight through the pain your disbelief has wrought upon me and shall provide adequate proof.

Does that involve getting every bloody trophy / puzzle / etc? There are like... 400+?

I am impressed / disturbed at your patience.

:s

Omikron

400 for Batman, 40 for Catwoman. You only need to get the 400 Batman riddles to unlock the final Riddler mission, though.

Why did you ask, anyway?

Ahh, I just figured it was such a hark back to 90s platformers with infinite collectables (rare titles for eg), that no one had the patience for that shit anymore. :D

I certainly don't think I do. Up to around ~120 or so collected while doing side / main mission stuff. So I guess it isn't that bad... right?

Raxum

So after a weekend of playing Path of Exile with some friends, to help them learn it and pull them along, they got me to play a few games of LoL with them and I have concluded that I should really play some Dota2 with you guys sometime. For some reason, even though I haven't played a real game of dota2, I keep trying to deny things, and move across the map earlier than I should because I actually enjoyed the bigger map size. My question is, first game with GAF or should I play a few games in pubs first to really appreciate playing with you guys? :p

Ahh, I just figured it was such a hark back to 90s platformers with infinite collectables (rare titles for eg), that no one had the patience for that shit anymore. :D

I certainly don't think I do. Up to around ~120 or so collected while doing side / main mission stuff. So I guess it isn't that bad... right?
I like having Podcast games, every once in a while. A game that allows me to turn off the audio and play around while I listen to something else. The Riddler challenges allowed me to do that. When you factor in that I'd end up doing one or two when I was on my way somewhere it didn't take long.

It seems like I've played about 12 hours of the game, which includes playing some of the fight/stealth challenges and playing about 2 hours of New Game+.

I must admit though, the last few were horrible, as they were the ones I'd left because they involved tricky timing.

Plus, the Riddler needed to be stopped. What sort of crapass Batman are you?

Card Boy

Banned
Wheres the cheapest place to order Halo 4 LE? EB and JB have it for $128, but at least with EB i can get double reward points and a Halo 4 poster.

edit: woah, Hardly Normal has it for $118. Do i trust them after i never got my last order?

Rahk

Ok, who here will own up to collecting all the riddler crap in Batman AC? :p
I did it in both games. :(

I thought Batman did it reasonably well because it shows the location of them on the mini map then you just have to figure out the puzzle. I tend to avoid collectible crap in games that give you no clues as to the location or anything.

Clipper

Ok, who here will own up to collecting all the riddler shit in Batman AC? :p

Platinum trophy in both games, so yeah...

I also found the Riddler trophy hunt to be extremely enjoyable. Each trophy seemed to need a different set of powerups, so there wasn't much repetition, surprisingly. I did find that the Riddler informants you needed to beat up to find where the trophies were a little repetitive, though.

hamchan

I finished 400 Riddler things to rescue the last hostage in Arkham City but I still need to find like 40 more in order to get the 100% everything in the game trophy. I'll get back to it eventually.

This reminds me that I should play Harley Quinn's revenge. $10 though hmmm :-/

So after a weekend of playing Path of Exile with some friends, to help them learn it and pull them along, they got me to play a few games of LoL with them and I have concluded that I should really play some Dota2 with you guys sometime. For some reason, even though I haven't played a real game of dota2, I keep trying to deny things, and move across the map earlier than I should because I actually enjoyed the bigger map size. My question is, first game with GAF or should I play a few games in pubs first to really appreciate playing with you guys? :p

Whenever you have the chance always play with people you know. Pubs in Dota consist of the lowest scum in society and must always be avoided if possible.

Wow, you guys must have a lot more patience than me to bother with the Riddler trophies, and I played Dark Souls for four hours yesterday.

Raxum

Whenever you have the chance always play with people you know. Pubs in Dota consist of the lowest scum in society and must always be avoided if possible.

Okay, noted, that is one of things I dislike about LoL, the community seems to think that once someone hits 30 they magically know all of the items and all of the characters skills, and have every rune that you can get in the game. Gets a bit annoying, so I can't play pubs. There always seems to be someone in AusGAF on Dota2 though so I should be right.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You should play a few bot games of dota 2, just to get the basics down and general feel for it.

Pub games aren't that bad. I haven't had any major issues in a while. You still get people calling other people noobs and randomly shit talking, but it's never anything major. If you can roll with it then it can be fun to talk shit back and laugh about it all.

Dota 2 is harder and more in depth than lol from my understanding, also hats.

But figure out what style of class you might enjoy, look em up, check which char does it then select it in a bot match and run around. Try to last hit and deny then focus on other things.

I know rlan is a new noob to dota 2, you might be able to queue up together and both be bad while having a laugh.

Jintor

it's mah birfdei!

I 100%'d Arkham Asylum but not AC. I spent most of my time in AC in the infinite beat-up-thugs DLC room.

jambo

Why does 9 not have any streaming options I can find for these fucking olympic games?

So glad I have Foxtel, 8 HD channels of Olympics. The Archery gold medal was amazing, Italy beat the US by 1 point in the last shot, dude scored a 10. Fucking amazing.

Okay, noted, that is one of things I dislike about LoL, the community seems to think that once someone hits 30 they magically know all of the items and all of the characters skills, and have every rune that you can get in the game. Gets a bit annoying, so I can't play pubs. There always seems to be someone in AusGAF on Dota2 though so I should be right.

1. play some bot games
2. go to the OT in gaming, go to the links for noobs, read them > understand them
3. come play dota with us, if you are happy to get on mumble i will happily tell you what to do
4. we usually enjoy all our games win or loose, it probably isn't a bad learning environment (arnie might disagree)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom