• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Weekend tales.

Went the The Wonders of Ancient Mesopotamia exhibition at the Melbourne Museum on the weekend. It was pretty good, the reliefs in particular were super impressive and the origins of writing was also interesting. Although I kinda wish they had some more objects and it isn't as purely awe inspiring as the Egypt exhibit they had one a year or so back (actually called Tutankhamen, but that was a bit of a misnomer imo to get the masses in :p)

Still recommended if you are into history. Oh and spend the extra $7 on the audio guide, the extra information is always good.

Pic!
613a4088ddd511e1979222000a1e8aa2_7.jpg

Also bonus pic inside museum. Little guy was unimpressed by dinosaurs. My life is a ruin.

Dead Man

Wait has that actually happened to anyone other than those who abuse Russian keys or the really dodgy places? I get stuff gifted from US Steam all the time and have never heard of an issue. People were getting games pulled from their accounts when they were getting Russian re-sellers to add them to their accounts, which is when GAF put the blanket ban on key sellers.

The wording sure makes it sound like if you are using a different regions IP to get better prices for yourself that is an account losing offence. As to how they will implement it, who knows.

Stackboy

I just pre-ordered Black Ops 2. I'm part of the problem!

Game is fun with friends.

Truth. I'm no good at these games but I do enjoy the social aspect of playing a few rounds and chatting.

Also, origin games have activation limits for some games like nfs. So you can't reinstall to your heart's content.

For real real? I'm putting together my new gaming rig in a few weeks, can't wait to play BF3 on it. I've installed it once on my current PC. Will I be able to reinstall it?

First time on AusGaf Steam chat over the weekend. You lot are alllllllllright.

How is the art book? Tempted to grab for the awesome looking cover. Poster is creepy though. :/

Also bonus pic inside museum. Little guy was unimpressed by dinosaurs. My life is a ruin.
"Dad, this is musty and boring. Smells like Grandma all up in here. Where the fuck is Thomas the Tank Engine?"

Because cross region gifting isn't the issue, it's VPNs. Still, I haven't heard of any bans from that other than ones relating to Russia.
Oh cool, shouldn't worry me then. Not really interested in taking advantage of the really terrible situations like that. Will certainly continue to pay 1st world country prices but avoid the unneccesary Australia tax when it pops up. Happy to pay $40 from GMG but not $90 on Steam just because they feel like it.

How is the art book? Tempted to grab for the awesome looking cover. Poster is creepy though. :/

I opened it up and it was lacking the art book AND the soundtrack! Bastards. Taking it back in today. Pretty sure the guy working at EB was hungover and didn't bother checking it was all in there.

Once I get the art book, I'll let you know. Still, great value considering it comes with a STEAM gift key as well.

I opened it up and it was lacking the art book AND the soundtrack! Bastards. Taking it back in today. Pretty sure the guy working at EB was hungover and didn't bother checking it was all in there.

Once I get the art book, I'll let you know. Still, great value considering it comes with a STEAM gift key as well.

Yeah Alan Wake did the same thing at retail, one of the big benefits of Steam for developers is that they can hand out Steam keys to people without costing them anything. Steam get a probable future customer that will feed them their 30%, the customer gets both a physical copy AND a copy for their digital collection, and the developer doesn't have to pay a cent extra.

Reminds me I need to ask someone to pick up my Yakuza Dead Souls stuff from JB in Geelong
>_<

senahorse

Woolworths have coca-cola yo-yo's*, apparently you have to buy 2 slabs of coke to get one but the guy gave me a whole set on the condition I didn't tell anyone, so now I am telling Ausgaf. Thanks random Woolworths dude :D

photo-1.jpg

*disclaimer, not the awesome quality yo-yo's of the 80's and the yo was hip

Omikron

You remind me of the younger brother of a mate in school. They used to throw throw knives at each other's feet and have glove gun wars up at the school they lived nearby.

:lol

Not me, I don't have brothers and also the oldest.

Also preferred making sling shots. :p

Woolworths have coca-cola yo-yo's*, apparently you have to buy 2 slabs of coke to get one but the guy gave me a whole set on the condition I didn't tell anyone, so now I am telling Ausgaf. Thanks random Woolworths dude :D
lol wonder if the person who put the information up on OzBargain yesterday got asked the same thing.

If you sent the hardware in, it would only be to get it fixed or replaced and the software licences migrated at the same time. But that would be a necessity, not something you would do out of the blue.
What if it gets stolen?

Yagharek

If it gets stolen then it helps if you know either the serial number, the credit card you used to buy them, or linked it to club nintendo. If none of those apply then I guess your insurance claim. That would be a bad scenario sure.

If it gets stolen then it helps if you know either the serial number, the credit card you used to buy them, or linked it to club nintendo. If none of those apply then I guess your insurance claim. That would be a bad scenario sure.

Oh cool, you can just quote your card? That would be pretty easy then I guess. Was a bit unsure how that would work since my 360/PSN gamertags mean I can just jump on whatever console and redownload everything.

In theory yes. I've got a record of my serial number and cc for purchases in case.

I realllly should jot all that stuff down for insurance purposes anyway at some point :/
Just too lazy to keep track of everything. I should double check that I changed the address when we moved from Geelong too...

Fredescu

If you sent the hardware in, it would only be to get it fixed or replaced and the software licences migrated at the same time. But that would be a necessity, not something you would do out of the blue.
If you share a Wii that you longer want to share, or you want to use a different Wii edition, say Black or if they make a slim or something, then you need to pay money purely to get content you have already bought.

Yagharek

If you share a Wii that you longer want to share, or you want to use a different Wii edition, say Black or if they make a slim or something, then you need to pay money purely to get content you have already bought.

That's not really extortion though, is it. It's a byproduct of a different system (hardware based vs account based). It's not remotely the same as having your rights to play a game rescinded by the publisher.

Omikron

That's not really extortion though, is it. It's a byproduct of a different system (hardware based vs account based). It's not remotely the same as having your rights to play a game rescinded by the publisher.

My rights have been rescinded to play my videogames?

jambo

Coach gone :/
President gone:/
2 best players most likely gone :/

Bet the AFL is happy with that $9 million bail out package!

It's about time, we should never have looked internally for a coach after Williams left. Plus we should have gotten rid of Williams at the end of 07 or 08.

Could be worse. Matthew Knights might be your next coach.
Hocking taking over should be interesting to watch.

When I was a pizza boy running a pizza shop I used to deliver pizzas out to his grandparents down the road in Belmont all the time, really nice people. Would always offer me a beer while they were watching the footy in their awesome rec-garage.

It's about time, we should never have looked internally for a coach after Williams left. Plus we should have gotten rid of Williams at the end of 07 or 08.

Passing on Scott was a bit of a mistake in hindsight, although Primus did a damn good job as caretaker which is why he got the nod. We just need a big shakeup and restart as the kids aren't coming along as well as they should have. They didn't look like they could be bothered playing for most of the game on the weekend, considering it is their job they really need to make more of an effort.

Rezbit

Coach gone :/
President gone:/
2 best players most likely gone :/

Bet the AFL is happy with that $9 million bail out package!

Tassie is more than happy to take that license off you guys, doesn't seem like Port is using it!

Had the best damn weekend in Melbourne. Capped off by a second viewing of The Dark Knight Rises at IMAX at the museum. Such an amazing movie, just as good round 2.

midonnay

Nope, Boak will go to Geelong. Chaplin will head off too. :(

according to lolLIMTED he had given a verbal agreement to teammates to stay so you would think the head honchos would have kept the powder dry on Primus till next year :/

at least you guys still have John Butcher I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom