• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

I think he don't like us no more:/

Also, Midonnay is unbanned but I don't think he knows it. Last activity was end of Dec...:/

To entice Yag back I was going to suggest AusGAF 9 having an achievement for posting in it, but that would have the opposite intended effect...

Big discussion about the effect of achievements upon game design.

You're so eager to get to the next thread but you can't even remember what happened in this one.

Omikron

Actually, you know what would be amazing, is that if next gen, they made your Xbox360 gamer score achievements worth 1.1x or 1.2x or something... would tap that achievements hunting market.

Actually, you know what would be amazing, is that if next gen, they made your Xbox360 gamer score achievements worth 1.1x or 1.2x or something... would tap that achievements hunting market.

I got your target market sitting right here

20130505_211222h7b2i.jpg

:/

Why is it okay to lie in political advertising?

"Currently, there is no legal requirement for the content of political advertising to be factually correct."

:l

- Danced solo with a hot girl...it ended with a high-five and a hug

hmmmm

Sounds like a fun night at the blue-light disco with all those high-fives.

haha well done.

I feel that 20k has kinda crept up on us this time? But it's probably been a slower thread without chocspam.

Time for some codstats!

I think he don't like us no more:/

Also, Midonnay is unbanned but I don't think he knows it. Last activity was end of Dec...:/

sadpanda, I liked Midonnay

When are Nintendo implementing achievements?
Already done, except they're not mandatory. Also, they're called Accomplishments, which sounds kinda dorky and low rent.

How's this for an idea: In order to combat a 2nd hand market, you need to insert a game every few months in order to prove that you still have it. If not, you lose any achievement points tied to that game.

(if someone from Microsoft/Sony are reading this, you can have that one for free, because I'd love to see the salty manchild tears and gnashing of teeth that would result. Glorious tears you will fuel me next gen!!)

How's this for an idea: In order to combat a 2nd hand market, you need to insert a game every few months in order to prove that you still have it. If not, you lose any achievement points tied to that game.

(if someone from Microsoft/Sony are reading this, you can have that one for free, because I'd love to see the salty manchild tears and gnashing of teeth that would result. Glorious tears you will fuel me next gen!!)

Would lead to me buying a lot less games and coming across games that I end up enjoying that I otherwise wouldn't touch less!

My wallet says yes please to that idea.

I didn't think you resold your games? Therefore it would have much of an impact?

Also, it's not going to remove your experiences and memoires of the game...

It would lead to me not buying cheap "cheevo hunt" games that end up being quite good on their own two feet.

I didn't think you resold your games? Therefore it would have much of an impact?

Also, it's not going to remove your experiences and memoires of the game...

I posted a picture of rented games on this very page...

It would lead to me not buying cheap "cheevo hunt" games that end up being quite good on their own two feet.
Do you usually resell those games after you've finished them? (I'm actually asking; I've never sold back a game to a store (except for when I traded in all my SNES stuff for a PS1))
I posted a picture of rented games on this very page...
Yeah but you don't often mention that you rent games. You mainly mention that you buy many games (10 this week!).

Do you usually resell those games after you've finished them? (I'm actually asking; I've never sold back a game to a store (except for when I traded in all my SNES stuff for a PS1))

Yeah but you don't often mention that you rent games. You mainly mention that you buy many games (10 this week!).

The rentals are usually for cheevo hunts. The games I bought this week would be shit in that regard (PGR3/4, Dance Central, Zumba) or don't have cheevo's (ResiMercs, Kid Icarus).

Also stuff like Sherlock Holmes I will trade in since there is no more use for it, the story is a one and done affair and I have 1000/1000 now. If I sell it off I can put that money towards the sequel!

The rentals are usually for cheevo hunts. The games I bought this week would be shit in that regard (PGR3/4, Dance Central, Zumba) or don't have cheevo's (ResiMercs, Kid Icarus).

Also stuff like Sherlock Holmes I will trade in since there is no more use for it, the story is a one and done affair and I have 1000/1000 now. If I sell it off I can put that money towards the sequel!

Fairy Nuff, then.

Hey piercing people, I've got a lump around the hole at the back of one of my piercings. I hear it's normal when you first get them done but mines still here 9 weeks in. It's rather painful, and feels like the skin got pushed back when the earring went in or something. Can anyone help/ provide answers?

Danoss

Hey piercing people, I've got a lump around the hole at the back of one of my piercings. I hear it's normal when you first get them done but mines still here 9 weeks in. It's rather painful, and feels like the skin got pushed back when the earring went in or something. Can anyone help/ provide answers?

Sounds like a hypertrophic scar/bubble and it's pretty normal for cartilage piercings. There are a number of things you can do to treat it and whatever works best is unique to everyone's body. Try these and see what works best for you.
  • Sea salt soaks twice daily, morning and night. Sea salt is a must, table salt may be iodised so stay away. Mix 1/4 teaspoon salt with a cup of boiled water and allow it to cool enough so it doesn't scald you before soaking your piercing in it. If you're not sure on the concentration, it should taste like tears, not brine. This is great for all piercings in general, it softens and clears away the 'crusties' which may contain a combination of lymph fluid and blood. The heat attracts more blood to the area, promoting healing. Soak for 5 mins. Gently pat dry if necessary with a paper towel (cloth may harbour bacteria) and allow air to dry the rest.

• Chamomile. Buy some pure chamomile tea bags and add one to the above sea salt mixture allowing it to brew for 3-5 mins. Chamomile is a natural anti-inflammatory, so this is especially great for hypertrophic scarring. Soak your piercing in this mixture for 5 mins, as above.

• If you are unable to submerge your ear in the solutions above, that's okay. Use some paper towels soaked in the mixture as a compress, pressing firmly against the area. Re-dip them occasionally to keep it hot/warm and wet. 5 mins, as above once again.

• Nothing, leave it alone. Some people find that the above treatments just aggravate the piercing and instead allow the body to do its own thing instead. There is nothing wrong with this approach at all, just avoid touching the piercing or bumping it so as not to aggravate the area. Good advice to adhere to when not soaking them anyway.

Shaneus

I didn't realise that VLR was one of the freebies on PSN+ this month. There ya go.

Sadly, Catherine, whilst up, doesn't have a Vita version (at all) :/

Deeku

lttp giantbomb p4 endurance run - i've been doing work and having this going in the background all weekend. so good, so many laugh out loud moments!

hamchan

"@ltf_ha: Crowd refuses to let disputed ballot box through to counting centre"
913956_10151425793664142_266630255_o.jpg

Malaysian election is serious business. I'm more tense about this than the Australian election, since we all know what the result will be for that one.

Arksy

The constitution would never allow any ban on political statements that turned out to be an untruth. See ACTV v Cth or Lange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom