• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

It was just at off ya tree, which I'd heard was pretty good. Both the piercers that were working when I got my ears done looked a few years younger than me though, which I'll admit weirded me out a little bit. They seemed professional.

That's crazy! Especially if you're shorter you'd think she would be looking directly at it when you talk. If she does notice you could always just flip it up into your nose :p

The thing with piercing is that anyone can do it. I could open up a shop tomorrow and as long as the shop meets health standards, there's nothing to stop me (aside from 18+ piercings on anyone younger). Most will recommend dedicated piercing places as the people there have a vast knowledge and experience. Knowing the best procedures and techniques, using quality jewellery and knowing correct aftercare are all part of this.

Off Ya Tree is one place I've heard to avoid for the reasons above (from someone I trust completely). Seeing that they sell clothes and bongs and shit, raises some concerns in my eyes.

Your piercing looks fine as far as I've seen, so there's nothing to worry about as far as that goes. I'm sure there are some places worth looking at near you for when you're ready for the next one, if you want of course. A quick google makes The Piercing Shop look pretty good (though the fact they'll sell needles is disconcerting), but I can ask my piercer when I see him next (very soon) where somewhere good in Brisbane might be if you like.

I don't mean this to come across as rude, I'm very sorry if it does. I've just had some awesome piercing experiences and want anyone else into it to have the same. :)

As for my septum piercing, I can flip it up, but I don't want to move it much if I don't have to. It is pretty mobile after a sea salt soak though, and that's when I was advised to adjust it if need be. I just want to see how long I can go without her noticing it. I have a feeling it will take someone else noticing it in her presence and saying so for her to realise (if I don't do so at some point).

No, it's News.com.au not SMH.

Funnily enough my works firewall marks it as a "malicious" website and requires me to click 'I agree for you to monitor my travels to this website in case it is naughty so it can be used against me at termination'.

Also our company recently got a contract to do NBN work at blocks of units! Great news as Telstra have been real cunts to us since December. Lots of people lost their jobs over them being arseholes.

Shaneus

Stacking, Psychonauts & Costume Quest steankeys for $1
Pay $8 and get Brutal Legend steamkey too!
Rad. So guys, I'll have a spare Psychonauts key here soon, once I get home away from this godawful work proxy thing. Lemme know if you want it! Nice people only, please. And I might make you change your GAF avatar to that of Mark Webber for the rest of the week.

Also 2 cool looking new indie games from Sony. Good timing as all these new kiddie games will be perfect for the little guy in 12-18 months time!
Jacob Jones had better damn well be on that list.

OH no no, let me be clear: I count all of AusGAF as people I care about. I interact with you. You're in my world. I'm lucky enough for you all to put up with my crap and I count some of you as friends.

I'm talking about people I have no interaction with, like a politician for an area I don't vote in, or a religious wacko of a church I don't go to, or a writer for a newspaper I don't read. It's just not worth my time to get angry over these people.
Oh, I knew exactly what you meant. I was just in a shit-stirring kinda mood last night (as opposed to every other night, when I'm... anyway). It's all good, brother <3

Bugger, I wad hoping you were part of some trial I might have been able to get in on.
Oh, I'm on plenty of trials... murder, larceny... more murder...

senahorse

OH no no, let me be clear: I count all of AusGAF as people I care about. I interact with you. You're in my world. I'm lucky enough for you all to put up with my crap and I count some of you as friends.

I'm talking about people I have no interaction with, like a politician for an area I don't vote in, or a religious wacko of a church I don't go to, or a writer for a newspaper I don't read. It's just not worth my time to get angry over these people.

Ricki Lee?

Well shit. The htc isnt the phone I thiught it was. And is infact a a really nice phone physically. Tough choice.
ALso fun fact. The white s4 is 2.7g heavier than the black.

Rad. So guys, I'll have a spare Psychonauts key here soon, once I get home away from this godawful work proxy thing. Lemme know if you want it! Nice people only, please. And I might make you change your GAF avatar to that of Mark Webber for the rest of the week.
No, you probably won't have a spare key. From what I've heard, you only get two keys. One is for Brutal Legend and the other is for Stacking, Costume Quest and Psychonauts.

They might be living in ghost towns in the middle of nowhere, but some of these people are more human than human. Awfully nice folks this side of Victoria.
Probably humbled by our last test series

:(

Not that I'm saying country people judge people on their race.

In reality they are just happy to see someone who is breathing and has the required opposable thumbs to pay for a coffee.

Well shit. The htc isnt the phone I thiught it was. And is infact a a really nice phone physically. Tough choice.
ALso fun fact. The white s4 is 2.7g heavier than the black.

All that moon dust man.

no one else has a s4 do they? i have some questions and some google questions.
do i do all my contact stuff in the gmail part of google and how do i change the default phone browser to chrome/move the other browser off the home bar thing.

jambo

do i do all my contact stuff in the gmail part of google and how do i change the default phone browser to chrome/move the other browser off the home bar thing.

Definitely do your contacts with your Google/Gmail account, that way you can access them via gmail, plus if you lose your phone they're backed up.

With Samsung's default laucnher (TouchWiz) you can't move the bottom 5 icons. You'll have to get another launcher like GO Launcher EX or something similar.

You can make Google Chrome, or any other browser for that matter, the default program to launch when opening links.

Definitely do your contacts with your Google/Gmail account, that way you can access them via gmail, plus if you lose your phone they're backed up.

With Samsung's default laucnher (TouchWiz) you can't move the bottom 5 icons. You'll have to get another launcher like GO Launcher EX or something similar.

You can make Google Chrome, or any other browser for that matter, the default program to launch when opening links.

bah. i never had a problem with touch wiz on my s1 but i never used chrome on it so that was fine, maybe i dont use it on this one just so im not wasting that spot with a browser im not using. where is the button in gmail to add contacts though

Jintor

I had a random thought about a game that would parcel out the ability to save as some kind of in-game currency

Like, you'd have one of those 'soft saves' like in Fire Emblem where you could save and reload but it'd delete your save when you reload, but the game would also periodically reward you with save states or something.

Was thinking about this in relation, to like, teleglitch or something. quasi-roguelike

markot

Banned
I had a random thought about a game that would parcel out the ability to save as some kind of in-game currency

Like, you'd have one of those 'soft saves' like in Fire Emblem where you could save and reload but it'd delete your save when you reload, but the game would also periodically reward you with save states or something.

Was thinking about this in relation, to like, teleglitch or something. quasi-roguelike

We speak english in Australia.

Kritz

Banned
You pay to save in Dead Rising with the only resource you have - the time it takes to walk around the save point and back.

This is the question I had the other day. The Internet icon is a waste of space since I use Chrome!

Jintor

You pay to save in Dead Rising with the only resource you have - the time it takes to walk around the save point and back.

Well what you really pay with in dead rising is standing outside that goddamn vent waiting for the civvies to crawl to the safehouse

i quite liked dead rising 2

Fusebox

Banned

Like Resident Evil typewriter ribbons?

I certainly wouldn't say no, that's very kind of you to offer :)
Check your PMs, my good man. According to the spreadsheet, this should get you 250 points closer to your goal :)

Uh oh, I hope that the game being on the list doesn't mean that you already have that game and registered it...

Jintor

i was thinking the exact same thing!

saving shouldn't be a currency, you should be able to just...save. and save anywhere too!

It depends on the type of game you're playing... it renders death meaningless. You want that in some games, but in others...

The closest thing you can make to bring death in line with death in a game is to erase progress, but I'm kind of thinking about it not being quite so onerous

enhanced-buzz-7506-1367696403-8.jpg

This First World Problem Kitty meme is awesome and true. The picture is just perfect.

Came from this thread. Make sure to put this person on ignore before venturing in if you don't want to be sad tonight.

Wut

9bdZu9Bm.png

Or are you talking about somewhere else entirely

Kritz

Banned
Grays Outlet have some cheap blazers for $30 posted since you guys talked about the last jacket dealio.

Also EB have another big pre-owned sale (get rid of the shit before PS4/Infinite hit) starting from $1, tomorrow only maybe. Starts tomorrow anyway.

Killzone 2 PS3 - $4
Gears of War 2 360 - $5
Halo 3 360 - $6
Battlefield Bad Company 2 PS3/360 - $7
Halo 3 ODST 360 - $8
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PS3 - $9
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 360 - $10
Fable 3 360 - $120
Rage PS3/360 - $9
Halo Reach 360 - $9
Battlefield 3 PS3/360 - $18
Halo 4 360 - $35

Those are some quality video games. Also some average, but very well made, video games.

hamchan

Killzone 2 PS3 - $4
Gears of War 2 360 - $5
Halo 3 360 - $6
Halo 3 ODST 360 - $8
Fable 3 360 - $120
Rage PS3/360 - $9
Halo Reach 360 - $9
Halo 4 360 - $35

Those are some quality video games. Also some average, but very well made, video games.

Fark that's a lot of games where you shoot people.

Killzone 2 PS3 - $4
Gears of War 2 360 - $5
Halo 3 360 - $6
Halo 3 ODST 360 - $8
Fable 3 360 - $120
Rage PS3/360 - $9
Halo Reach 360 - $9
Halo 4 360 - $35

the only one of those I don't have is Fable 3. It must be a really great game at $120. What cock would pay that much for that game? Only some real nerd would do such a crazy thing. etc

Finally getting in to Community is the best thing that's happened to me recently (after typing that, I realise how sad it is).

Additionally, despite what I might have initially thought simply by looking at the actresses without having ever watched them in anything, Britta > Annie by so big a margin it isn't even funny

hamchan

Finally getting in to Community is the best thing that's happened to me recently (after typing that, I realise how sad it is).

Additionally, despite what I might have initially thought simply by looking at the actresses without having ever watched them in anything, Britta > Annie by so big a margin it isn't even funny

This will change as the show progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom